Elite Qualification cruise

lovevacadays

Thank you. I'm getting closer but not close enough.

What if you book a solo cruise on your 15th cruise so it is your 15/16th cruise in terms of credit. Will you get your Elite benefits?

No you need to complete the cruise even if it counts for 2.

You will get a Elite pin though on the last day.

Princess states that you become Elite after completing 15 cruises but in reality, thats wrong. It's really after earning 15 cruise credits, not cruises. So saying that you become Elite after 15 cruises is incorrect.

If you cruise solo, you get two cruise credits; in a full suite, you get two cruise credits; and as a solo in a full suite, you get three cruise credits. Solos and full suite passengers can get to Platinum or Elite twice as fast since it's based on days or cruise credits. It's nice that Princess recognizes that solos pay double and thus earn a second credit per cruise.

Princess states that you become Elite after completing 15 cruises but in reality, thats wrong. It's really after earning 15 cruise credits, not cruises. So saying that you become Elite after 15 cruises is incorrect.

If you cruise solo, you get two cruise credits; in a full suite, you get two cruise credits; and as a solo in a full suite, you get three cruise credits. Solos and full suite passengers can get to Platinum or Elite twice as fast since it's based on days or cruise credits. It's nice that Princess recognizes that solos pay double and thus earn a second credit per cruise.

Yes it is so nice of Princess to recognize that solos pay double and gives us that extra credit.

I agree. It's nice to get credit for two cruises when you cruise solo.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

To find people cruising with you, join the Roll Call. To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

No you need to complete the cruise even if it counts for 2.

You will get a Elite pin though on the last day.

Actually, I qualified for elite on my last cruise, but got nothing for it. A friend of mine gave me his elite pin while we were waiting to disembark and I expect to get my pin (which I never wear) and Elite card when I board my next Princess cruise. The only time I got my pin at the end of a cruise was when I was staying on for the next cruise on a b2b and had attained a new level.

Maureen

We got our Platinum pins on the last day of our 5th cruise. I expect to get our Elite pins, etc. at the end of our next cruise, which will be the 15th. If not, I will be asking questions.

Do they still give out these pins?

We received our Elite pins last year on the Ruby at the end of our 15th cruise. (I did not have any cruises without DH or in a suite.) I stuck the pin in a drawer at home. I'll run across it one day. I seldom see anyone wearing these pins on Princess. It seems to be more common on HAL.