Cheers 15 drink a day limit? Can I buy more?

armywifefisher

Ok on sea days let's say hit 15 drink limit, is it true you cannot buy anymore even if you pay for them? Has anyone ever had this happen? Normally I would not hit the limit but if I go to the club on a sea day I might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, at least by the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While they won't let you buy them after you've hit your 15, I have heard that you can start buying them before you reach your limit. If you have had, say, 13 drinks, you should be able to buy a few, then finish off your last two.
This scenario has been reported multiple times on the boards to be true, but once you hit 15, it's a hard cut off. Doesn't make logical sense, but we're talking Carnival here. ;)

This scenario has been reported multiple times on the boards to be true, but once you hit 15, it's a hard cut off. Doesn't make logical sense, but we're talking Carnival here. ;)

What is not logical?

It's not logical that if you don't have the cheers program there is no cutoff. Also you can buy drinks before you hit 15, but not after.

Their logic is 15 is enough, both from the cost of the program and knowing or not when to say when. The added possibility of people continue to drink because it is "free" is logic enough.

Regardless, it's the rule.

Carnival doesn't skimp on the alcohol in its drinks...I am sure there is a hefty 2 ounces or more. So 15 hard liquor drinks and you've consumed a total bottle of vodka (for example). I don't think I'd be able to stand let alone order another drink even over a 16 hour sea day. I think Carnival would be right in protecting me from me.

Their logic is 15 is enough, both from the cost of the program and knowing or not when to say when. The added possibility of people continue to drink because it is "free" is logic enough.

Thank you. If you really want to consume more than 15 adult beverages a day, don't buy Cheers. I personally thinks that's plenty and I'm no lightweight.

Ok on sea days let's say hit 15 drink limit, is it true you cannot buy anymore even if you pay for them? Has anyone ever had this happen? Normally I would not hit the limit but if I go to the club on a sea day I might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We purchase Cheers! on ever trip. I have hit 15 twice and in both instances, it was a hard cut off for me. No purchasing after the 15.

Just off the Dream and talked to the head bartender he said you cannot buy drinks in between to add to your total but you can buy a bucket of beers and only 1 counts against your cheers. But once you hit 15 that is it. My husband hit it a couple of times. They say congratulations you are done.

The part of carnival not skimping on the alcohol is true, the fact is the glasses are the smallest ones than any other cruise line or anywhere you go at home!

I can honestly say I have never compared bar glass size between cruise lines.

Jimbo I can't help comparing the glasses from Carnival and other cruise lines, Carnivals glasses are the smallest that we ever seen anywhere. Just a bit taller than those think small juice glasses.

But if you get one of the classic drinks those are in regular size glasses.

Its true, you can drink 15 drinks in the course of the entire day lets say from 10am-midnight and its being paced you can't gets drunk at least I never do. Quite honestly I only reached 15 one day out of my carnival cruises, I generally drink 12-13 daily and never even been buzzed one an hour is nothing.

Carnival is the only cruise line that sets limits another reason why I prefer Royal Caribbean, not because I need more than 15 drinks in a day but its the peace of mine not having to worry and count my drinks as I go through the day.

Wilgar if you ask for a larger glass they count the one drink as two towards your 15 limit.

If you drink 1 drink an hour from 9AM till midnight that is 15 drinks and you have only had 1 per hour I would not be drunk or even close to it and it would only be midnight. The other cruise lines do not put such a limit,

Jimbo I can't help comparing the glasses from Carnival and other cruise lines, Carnivals glasses are the smallest that we ever seen anywhere. Just a bit taller than those think small juice glasses.

But if you get one of the classic drinks those are in regular size glasses.

Its true, you can drink 15 drinks in the course of the entire day lets say from 10am-midnight and its being paced you can't gets drunk at least I never do. Quite honestly I only reached 15 one day out of my carnival cruises, I generally drink 12-13 daily and never even been buzzed one an hour is nothing.

Carnival is the only cruise line that sets limits another reason why I prefer Royal Caribbean, not because I need more than 15 drinks in a day but its the peace of mine not having to worry and count my drinks as I go through the day.

Wilgar if you ask for a larger glass they count the one drink as two towards your 15 limit.

Not true, I order "scotch and soda in a tall glass" they sometimes ask if I want a double and I tell them no. From there on out they just give me my drink in a pint glass.

I am fully aware of what the rule is but it is totally illogical, IMHO. It has been reported that on some ships a person who has Cheers can get 14 drinks under the program, then buy 5 more and then finish off their night with number 15 under the program. In reality they have now consumed 20 drinks. If Carnival has deemed that 15 drinks is a hard cut off for the program, then it would be LOGICAL to make it a hard cut off for those that are not participants in the Cheers program. Since there is no cut off for those that buy their drinks individually, it is safe to assume that the 15 drink hard cut off is a financial rule rather than a safety rule to insure that those who consume 15 are not drunk. What adds to the illogical aspect is that 15 drinks will effect a 125 lb woman very differently than a 300 lb man.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I am fully aware of what the rule is but it is totally illogical, IMHO. It has been reported that on some ships a person who has Cheers can get 14 drinks under the program, then buy 5 more and then finish off their night with number 15 under the program. In reality they have now consumed 20 drinks. If Carnival has deemed that 15 drinks is a hard cut off for the program, then it would be LOGICAL to make it a hard cut off for those that are not participants in the Cheers program. Since there is no cut off for those that buy their drinks individually, it is safe to assume that the 15 drink hard cut off is a financial rule rather than a safety rule to insure that those who consume 15 are not drunk. What adds to the illogical aspect is that 15 drinks will effect a 125 lb woman very differently than a 300 lb man.

Agreed

I think the 15 drink cap is Carnival's way of saying, "Hey, we tried", in any potential lawsuit that could arise from having unlimited drinks. I have read that Carnival was sued by a woman who was admittedly drunk and fell overboard. She was suing Carnival for over serving her. I don't know the result of that lawsuit, and I don't know if that was the reason for the cap to be imposed, but regardless, welcome to a world devoid of personal responsibility.