Royal Refreshment Package question

palaemon

Should I buy it online before I cruise? Or just wait till I board?

I don't want to get on board then have to wonder where my cup is so I can start drinking.

I have only done the "soda card" on Princess and it was worth it, but I don't think I got it right away.

The price is the same whether purchased beforehand or once on board. On board you can use OBC to pay for it while ordering beforehand requires immediate payment.

Your cup will be in your room that will open at 1:00 but before that you can get a drink at any bar in a regular glass.

If you order it via the website a Coca-Cola Logo will be part of your SeePass Card when it is printed, so you will be able to get drinks right away.

Edited by Swath
Formatting

So It's tied to my cruise card and I don't have to carry the cup around?

True, you can get soda at any bar with just your seapass card.

If you are on a ship with the freestyle machines, you will need the cup to use them and access the greater selection of flavors.

So It's tied to my cruise card and I don't have to carry the cup around?

Saw that you are sailing on the Allure. You can get basic pop choices (coke, diet coke, sprite and a couple of others) at any bar by just showing your card and they will serve you in a glass.

The Allure also has the Freestyle machines with over 100 different flavours. In order to use this you need the insulated cup as it has a RFID chip embedded in it that will activate the machine.

Didnt want to start a new thread - me and my soon to be wife will be sailing away soon. I tend to drink quite a bit sometimes, her on the other hand, not so much. If we only buy the drink pass for me, will I be able to slide her a cocktail here and there?

Didnt want to start a new thread - me and my soon to be wife will be sailing away soon. I tend to drink quite a bit sometimes, her on the other hand, not so much. If we only buy the drink pass for me, will I be able to slide her a cocktail here and there?

The technical answer is no, that is against the rules. How ok you are with breaking the rules is up to you, but the staff are of course trained to look out for this kind of thing.

You might get away with it, you might not. If you get caught they reserve the right to cancel your package (no refund) and indeed to remove you from the ship as you have breached your contract with them. A cancelled package is a lot of $ to be out. The second option seems not very likely, but I personally wouldn't take the risk. If your wife wants the odd drink just buy them.

I think if you can afford to cruise, you can afford to buy your wife a drink here and there. I don't understand people who want to cheat the system. if you can't afford to pay for a drink here and there, then maybe this cruise is not the vacation for you. There are cheaper all-inclusive resorts that you might enjoy more.

I think if you can afford to cruise, you can afford to buy your wife a drink here and there. I don't understand people who want to cheat the system. if you can't afford to pay for a drink here and there, then maybe this cruise is not the vacation for you. There are cheaper all-inclusive resorts that you might enjoy more.

Oh, I can afford it. I don't consider handing my fiancé a drink or two that costs 3x what the drink should reasonably cost and I'm paying for it regardless - "cheating the system". She tends to be very picky so if I am paying 10 for a mixed drink that she's likely going to take one drink out of and decide she doesn't like it, no, I wouldn't feel bad about ordering that same cocktail on my drink pass (which I probably wont come out on even either) and handing it to her. It's not like the drinks are free. I'm paying for them one way or another. Is it really any different than if I order the drink and don't like it and leave it sit there and she takes a sip of it?

Thank you others, for your non-judgemental replies.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall if you purchase soda package before sailing or upon embarkation you pay tax but if you wait until the ship leaves port you do not have to pay taxes. I know the actual $ is not significant but original poster might like to know.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall if you purchase soda package before sailing or upon embarkation you pay tax but if you wait until the ship leaves port you do not have to pay taxes. I know the actual $ is not significant but original poster might like to know.

Unless you are sailing on a European itinerary with the VAT there is no tax added whether you purchase beforehand or on board. A 15% gratuity is added either way you purchase.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer the following questions... If I have the Ultimate Beverage Package can I get a glass of wine in Chops on the package? How about at the my regular dining table? How about sparkling water? Are the after dinner coffee drinks included in the package?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer the following questions... If I have the Ultimate Beverage Package can I get a glass of wine in Chops on the package? How about at the my regular dining table? How about sparkling water? Are the after dinner coffee drinks included in the package?

You can get wine at Chops and the MDR with your package. Sparking water too. I know specialty coffee is included, but not sure about alcoholic specialty coffee.

Oh, I can afford it. I don't consider handing my fiancé a drink or two that costs 3x what the drink should reasonably cost and I'm paying for it regardless - "cheating the system". She tends to be very picky so if I am paying 10 for a mixed drink that she's likely going to take one drink out of and decide she doesn't like it, no, I wouldn't feel bad about ordering that same cocktail on my drink pass (which I probably wont come out on even either) and handing it to her. It's not like the drinks are free. I'm paying for them one way or another. Is it really any different than if I order the drink and don't like it and leave it sit there and she takes a sip of it?

Thank you others, for your non-judgemental replies.

Then don't buy it, really. Just get drinks as you go. There is no point to giving them your money for something you won't get the value out of.

Edited to add: regardless of whether you think the drinks are overpriced - if you get the package you have agreed, as a competent adult, to a contract which says only you can consume those drinks. So yes it is cheating the system to give one to her. If you think these terms aren't great I reiterate don't get the package. You don't have to, you can just purchase individual drinks for both of you.

Edited by BekkaW

Then don't buy it, really. Just get drinks as you go. There is no point to giving them your money for something you won't get the value out of.

Edited to add: regardless of whether you think the drinks are overpriced - if you get the package you have agreed, as a competent adult, to a contract which says only you can consume those drinks. So yes it is cheating the system to give one to her. If you think these terms aren't great I reiterate don't get the package. You don't have to, you can just purchase individual drinks for both of you.

So snarky, lol. I wonder if you've ever bought a coke at a restaurant or an event and taken a sip and given the rest to your significant other. Such a cheat! :rolleyes:

You can get wine at Chops and the MDR with your package. Sparking water too. I know specialty coffee is included, but not sure about alcoholic specialty coffee.

Thank you.. I'm thinking of trying a package on my next cruise... :)

Should be noted that the original post is about Refreshment, which is soda only.

For the other question, if the package isn't going to work out financially, why get it? I ask the same question of my husband, who likes not thinking about it. Since I'm the only budgeting for it, I think about it, and it bugs me. Packages should be purchased if they will benefit you. This one won't benefit the person talking about giving drinks to his wife. So don't buy it. Go a la carte instead.

They used to require that everyone (eligible) in the room get the SAME package. So if I wanted the Premium package I would have to get it for me and DH. The DH that doesn't drink. :rolleyes: So I wouldn't have purchased that package at all. Ridiculous.

A bit over a year ago they eased up; they allowed people to buy the packages they needed. This is a wonderful, awesome, fabulous change.

A change that will be ruined if we start sharing packages. Let's not do that. Let's buy the packages that make sense for the individuals, and if a package doesn't make sense, buy the drinks as you go.

Won't a bartender help you out if a drink isn't enjoyed by the purchaser?