Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

Ok, so on the M class ships BLU is upstairs in the MDR area and the new Suite restaurant just below. Will both be closed off so they are more quiet, or will both be open and noisy with the MDR, BLU and Luminae basically sharing sections of the same space but different menus?

Closed off. Blu already has a totally separate feel (at least on Constellation when we ate there in December). There are top to bottom walls forming a completely enclosed place. Only Blu diners go into the restaurant entrance. (There's no entry to the MDR on that side of the ship.) The decor is beautiful. I'm assuming Suite DR would be same game plan.

Closed off. Blu already has a totally separate feel (at least on Constellation when we ate there in December). There are top to bottom walls forming a completely enclosed place. Only Blu diners go into the restaurant entrance. (There's no entry to the MDR on that side of the ship.) The decor is beautiful. I'm assuming Suite DR would be same game plan.

Blu is the same as you described on both Infinity and Summit, and I assume Millennium.

So Suite passengers will end up bringing their family members with them to BLU because there will be no fee. There is no way that the cruise line will deny entrance to minors traveling with their parents but in a separate and possibly an inside cabin across the hall.

No because that is not permitted you have to be in a suite or Aqua to eat in Blu

Finally - suite dining! I love the MDR, as well as Blu, however I do appreciate dedicated suite dining. It's nice dining with fellow suite pax, which we've done in the past in the MDR & Blu. We usually eat at all dining venues when aboard, specialty restaurants included. With regards to costs to guests, there should be one. I book a suite for its amenities, so one wants their children to eat in Luminae - book a suite for them too...

Our experience in Blu is that when Suite passengers come to the restaurant (usually on formal nights), service suffers. Hope that will not occur with Luminae if Celebrity allows it to be open to other than suite passengers for a charge.

Our experience in Blu is that when Suite passengers come to the restaurant (usually on formal nights), service suffers. Hope that will not occur with Luminae if Celebrity allows it to be open to other than suite passengers for a charge.

Never been our experience but then we eat after 8 each night

We are the same, usually eat around 8.30 and while there may be a queue, it is only a couple of table long and it moves quickly. We have done 85 nights all in AQ over the past two years and it has not been a problem at all.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Kids under 12 allowed. My boys will be 18, 18 & 22 so there will be a fee. No not booking suite for them. They share a veranda room. New Years they had a hump veranda next to my husband and I. In August we are sharing suite with my mom

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We do eat around 7PM and that may have been the difference, but at that time the place was full, many large parties from suites. The two sommeliers were running like cazy as were the waiters. What was terrific was that when the food came, it was great.

Other non-formal evenings were much more relaxed.

I spoke to the person who is head of the implementation team. Told me that there will not be a left side everyday menu. There will be 14 daily menus with different choices each day. Also told me that there is a real possibility that the restaurant will open before the menu is completely ready to be served and that the regular MDR menu might be used for a couple of weeks. This information was confirmed by others. All seem impressed with the menu.A number have sampled the menu and have said that it surpasses Murano. The charge for dinner isn't set in stone, but it appears to be $50 without discounts. The fee must be charged to the Suite passenger who must invite the guest.

Thanks for the updated info. Looking forward to being a test dummy in April :D

This looks like it could be S-class:

Celebrity-Cruises-Luminae-restaurant-menu-has-restrictions.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Arno,

I think you're on the Constellation with us in April.

Thanks for sharing the information.

I'll be interested to see how they pull it off.

The same people who did such a fantastic job of building Blu restaurants on the M-class will be renovating the dining rooms.

The change will begin on Reflection February 7th sailing and the dining area will be completed by the end of Febrauary. The new kitchen will be added later but the Luminae will be available to suite guests using the Opus menu until the project is complete.

On M-class ships the port side MDR beneath Blu will be the new home for Luminae.

The picture of the Luminae proposed dining room is on an M-class ship as indicated by round windows.

The present chairs in the Opus dining room will be the ones used by Luminae initially.

Edited by Dramamine 2
wording

• 4 weeks later...

We will be on Constellation in 2 years ;-)

We've booked a CS for 2 cruises starting March 19th 2017 Singapore Round Trip and Then from Singapore to Abu-Dhabi! 29 days on board Constellation :-)

We can't wait

Before that we will be on Eclipse this September (Canary Islands), Again the Eclipse March 2016 in the Caribbean and Equinox August 2016 to the Greek Islands :-))

We will definitely have a look at Luminae nest September on the Eclipse.

Edited by Dakkar

We will be on Constellation in 2 years ;-)

We've booked a CS for 2 cruises starting March 19th 2017 Singapore Round Trip and Then from Singapore to Abu-Dhabi! 29 days on board Constellation :-)

We can't wait

Before that we will be on Eclipse this September (Canary Islands), Again the Eclipse March 2016 in the Caribbean and Equinox August 2016 to the Greek Islands :-))

We will definitely have a look at Luminae nest September on the Eclipse.

Will let you know what it's like when we get back.

Thanks for the updated info. Looking forward to being a test dummy in April :D

This looks like it could be S-class:

Celebrity-Cruises-Luminae-restaurant-menu-has-restrictions.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks to all for the posts and the pics, sorry renderings.. It's certainly going to be something that we are looking forward to. Will it work? No idea but we will find out soon enough.. Will we enjoy it, again will find out soon enough..

I am hoping that some of you lucky folks that are going to guinea pig this for us in April will come back with a review and hopefully some 'proper pics' and not Celebrities staged ones. And a review of the menus and just how different it is compared with the other restaurants.

We are due on Eclipse in October so by then there will hopefully be plenty of information and peoples experience to read up on. Oh and the decison on the chairs and tablecloths will have been made... :eek:

Stephen

Thanks to all for the posts and the pics, sorry renderings.. It's certainly going to be something that we are looking forward to. Will it work? No idea but we will find out soon enough.. Will we enjoy it, again will find out soon enough..

I am hoping that some of you lucky folks that are going to guinea pig this for us in April will come back with a review and hopefully some 'proper pics' and not Celebrities staged ones. And a review of the menus and just how different it is compared with the other restaurants.

We are due on Eclipse in October so by then there will hopefully be plenty of information and peoples experience to read up on. Oh and the decison on the chairs and tablecloths will have been made... :eek:

Stephen

I will have my homework cut out for me.

Will try to get plenty of pictures and give a full report.

I wish we could find out if someone is on the Constellation now how it's progressing.

Stephen

I definty will. I'm also planning on posting menus daily so we'll see. Less than a month away :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I definty will. I'm also planning on posting menus daily so we'll see. Less than a month away :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Looking forward to seeing these new port inspired menus. And it will be interesting to hear what you think of the way the staff handle the new restaurant.

Stephen

We just got off the equinox from an 11 night sailing. Even though the official opening for the new suite restaurant is not scheduled until April 6, we were very pleased with the decor and the excellent service we received. We cannot comment on the chairs because after dinner last night the carpet was to be ripped up and replaced with new tables and chairs to be in place for tonight's dinner. We can say that the room is much more spacious than what it appears to be in the artist's drawing and that tablecloths were used for each meal. There is a mirrored wall that divides laminae into two sections ( each being about the same size). We were told that the restaurant could accommodate 102 guests. We ate each night between 6 and 7 PM and the restaurant was never half full, usually only about one third full. We were told that we could arrive for dinner at any time with no reservations. Until April 6 laminae is using the same menu as the main dining room. We have read comments that the quality of the food has gone down in the last year or two but we did not find that to be true. We feel sure that the new menus for laminae will be pleasing to most people (but you can never satisfy everyone's taste).

We just got off the equinox from an 11 night sailing. Even though the official opening for the new suite restaurant is not scheduled until April 6, we were very pleased with the decor and the excellent service we received. We cannot comment on the chairs because after dinner last night the carpet was to be ripped up and replaced with new tables and chairs to be in place for tonight's dinner. We can say that the room is much more spacious than what it appears to be in the artist's drawing and that tablecloths were used for each meal. There is a mirrored wall that divides laminae into two sections ( each being about the same size). We were told that the restaurant could accommodate 102 guests. We ate each night between 6 and 7 PM and the restaurant was never half full, usually only about one third full. We were told that we could arrive for dinner at any time with no reservations. Until April 6 laminae is using the same menu as the main dining room. We have read comments that the quality of the food has gone down in the last year or two but we did not find that to be true. We feel sure that the new menus for laminae will be pleasing to most people (but you can never satisfy everyone's taste).

Thank you for taking the time to post this! Really looking forward to more pics and reviews as people return from cruises. I will be trying it out on the Solstice in just over six weeks and cannot wait :D

Thanks for posting this and glad to see that you enjoyed it.. One thing the rendering does not give you an idea of is what effect it has when the lighting is turned down. I'm assuming that it's not as harsh as it is indicated in the evening?

Stephen