Not a good start

ConnCruise

There are so many Charters and HAL even keeps a list of them so future cruisers know who they are sailing with. So not a problem. A lot of people list them in their signature ie Jazz, Prairie Home Companion etc I realize full ship charters are different As long as they are't the "American Girl" group lol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2142710&highlight=charters

After all is said and done, Celebrity Cruises "official", summed up the meaning of the non policy of timed boarding, when they quoted a previous poster on the original thread on this subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45047340#post45047340

So plan your vacation, including your arrival time accordingly.

After all is said and done, Celebrity Cruises "official", summed up the meaning of the non policy of timed boarding, when they quoted a previous poster on the original thread on this subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45047340#post45047340

So plan your vacation, including your arrival time accordingly.

Thank you, Rich, that should put an end to it.

To me it's not the "what am I supposed to do?" issue, it's that people are anxious for their vacation to begin and don't feel that it does until they're onboard. So knowing that people are onboard, drinking, eating, swimming, whatever, whilst you are sitting in an uncomfortable chair in your hotel's crowded lobby, doesn't sit all that well with some folks. I don't need to be the first one on board at 11 AM, but neither do I want to stand around checking my watch for hours just biding my time. Celebrity is counting boarding day as a part of my cruise, so I certainly hope I get the most benefit from it.

I agree - my vacation doesn't start to my foot hits the deck and whether I've booked a CC or a suite - the clock is still ticking. I've paid to be onboard that day and every hour that I'm not is an hour less of exploring the ship, drinking in the views, having lunch in Bistro (we avoid the buffet also) and just enjoying the fun. We like to get to port early and we don't mind waiting our turn no matter level of cabin that we have booked. I'm all for the new suite perks (our next two are booked in suites) but I'll never think it is justified to tell suites that on embarkation day - they get on hours ahead of others - I'll be ignoring this "request".

• 3 weeks later...

MOST people who are cruising do not visit this board & most will adhere to the time they are told to board because they believe that is what they are supposed to do. This alone will spread most of the masses out over the course of the day, which is their ultimate goal.

That being said--if I am in town, I want to be at the pier as soon as possible, even if it means waiting for a period of time in the embarkation area. Why? 1--Wait in hotel, wait at the port--seriously, what is the difference?

2--My vacation officially starts as soon as I get on that ship & don't want to miss a second of it!

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this becomes a hard & fast rule. And not surprisingly, those in the more expensive rooms will be given earlier times. Paying more gets one perks, from size of room to dining options to earlier embarkation. This is EVERYTHING in life from houses to cars to travel. SO if I want to get on earlier I can decide at what price this works for me (or doesn't)

Since I doubt I will ever be cruising in anything above a balcony, guess I will be a middle of the roader--and I would appreciate being able to board before those in interiors & exteriors (which I have & probably still will cruise in--it's always about value for me) I figure when I was younger & all my budget would allow is INT/EXT, I was just happy to be there. Now that we are a bit older & can afford a little nicer cabin, a small perk such as earlier embarkation has been paid for.

MOST people who are cruising do not visit this board & most will adhere to the time they are told to board because they believe that is what they are supposed to do. This alone will spread most of the masses out over the course of the day, which is their ultimate goal.

That being said--if I am in town, I want to be at the pier as soon as possible, even if it means waiting for a period of time in the embarkation area. Why? 1--Wait in hotel, wait at the port--seriously, what is the difference?

2--My vacation officially starts as soon as I get on that ship & don't want to miss a second of it!

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this becomes a hard & fast rule. And not surprisingly, those in the more expensive rooms will be given earlier times. Paying more gets one perks, from size of room to dining options to earlier embarkation. This is EVERYTHING in life from houses to cars to travel. SO if I want to get on earlier I can decide at what price this works for me (or doesn't)

Since I doubt I will ever be cruising in anything above a balcony, guess I will be a middle of the roader--and I would appreciate being able to board before those in interiors & exteriors (which I have & probably still will cruise in--it's always about value for me) I figure when I was younger & all my budget would allow is INT/EXT, I was just happy to be there. Now that we are a bit older & can afford a little nicer cabin, a small perk such as earlier embarkation has been paid for.

Excellent post. I agree there are perks for those spending a lot of money, but loyalty should also be reserved. Cruise ships as well as airlines allow frequent travelers to board a bit faster or earlier. I personally enjoy meeting people while waiting in line.