Liberty of the Seas - Balcony Partitions

We just sailed on the Navigator of the Seas. Had 6 cabins all next to each other on the hump on Deck 6. It was wonderful to be able to visit with each other every morning and evening. We are not booked on the Liberty of the Seas in February 2016. Does anyone know if the balcony partitions open up to the balcony next door the same way?

We just sailed on the Navigator of the Seas. Had 6 cabins all next to each other on the hump on Deck 6. It was wonderful to be able to visit with each other every morning and evening. We are not booked on the Liberty of the Seas in February 2016. Does anyone know if the balcony partitions open up to the balcony next door the same way?

Balcony partitions can be opened on Liberty, subject to the approval of ship's management.

We just sailed a B2B on the Liberty in December and had a balcony cabin next to our friends. On boarding day, after realizing we were friends, our cabin steward asked us if we wanted the divider opened and of course we said yes! On turn around day, it got closed and locked again but our cabin steward opened it immediately when she came by that afternoon. No problem!

IF they open, or are allowed to be opened....they will be open for the entire time....greatly reducing your privacy.

Having just come off a cruise where the partitions were open, I'm thinking the OP has that part figured out already. But why do I bother ?

IF they open, or are allowed to be opened....they will be open for the entire time....greatly reducing your privacy.

The last cruise was on the Navigator just a week ago. We had a group of 11 people in 6 cabins, all the balconies were open. For us, this was fantastic as we all met in the mornings and evenings on the balcony. No one had any problem with privacy as when someone went into their cabin and closed the drapes it was not a problem at all. Not a single complaint. But our group was unique. We're all family and friends so it worked for us. And we are doing it again on the Liberty, again, close friends. I would never do this with casual acquaintences.

Wrong, the balcony dividers on Freedom Class ships are sliding doors, once unlocked they can be closed or opened, but not locked, at any time, by the passenger

Edited by uksimonusa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have connecting balcony rooms on deck 6 and was told that the dividers between my rooms do not open. Hmm, Ill be calling them again.

Dividers on side facing balconies on Liberty can be opened, subject to the approval of ship's management.

Dividers on side facing balconies on Liberty can be opened, subject to the approval of ship's management.

Thanks! We are on side facing balconies.

I called RCCL, and was again told that NO balcony dividers open...Guess the call center isnt well informed.

I called RCCL, and was again told that NO balcony dividers open...Guess the call center isnt well informed.

We just booked onboard our Allure of the Seas cruise this last week for Liberty in 2016. The RCCL sales representative told me that balcony dividers on all Freedom class ships and above are designed to be opened, as this is something we count on for our family.

The call center is probably the last place you should ask! Call again and I'll bet you get a different answer

Booked on the NOTS in March, 16 and sent an email inquiry about the dividers being opened for our side by side cabins with brother in law and was told they could not be opened. Most of the discussion I'm seeing with CC state differently, so will check with cabin steward as soon as we board. Have been able to do this on Carnival, but not on NCL which is one reason we haven't cruised NCL lately.

Just off Liberty yesterday and had side by side staterooms 8556 and 8554. Balcony divider is sliding glass door and was opened on day one for us by our room steward. It was great having that longer balcony feeling...even though the divider is still 50% there when fully open.

Any recent 4 day liberty cruisers have balcony dividers opened?

yes. I do the four day sailings on the liberty all the time. IT has NEVER been a problem getting the divider opened. Although sometimes the stateroom attnd has to find the boss man with the key. But they have NEVER not done it for me.