"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Radio,

I am thanking you in advance of my reading your "Live" thread on Quantum. I subscribed early on, but was busy with my own activities aboard Serenade of the Seas for the last two weeks. We had left for New Orleans on January 20, spending three nights before boarding ship.

We had an enjoyable consecutive cruises and I look forward to seeing Quantum in your eyes, now that I am back home.

So, thank you for what I know will be job well done before I am even able to start reading it!!!!!:D

Radio,

It's sad to see what is happening with Radio Shack.

Looks like all the stores in MD may close.

I hope you are not affecting by the bankruptcy.

Thank you for all of the efforts you put in to your reviews and looking for to the Oasis cruise as we will be on her in August.

Radio,

It's sad to see what is happening with Radio Shack.

Looks like all the stores in MD may close.

I hope you are not affecting by the bankruptcy.

Thank you for all of the efforts you put in to your reviews and looking for to the Oasis cruise as we will be on her in August.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I left Radio Shack almost 20years ago. . .

It is sad to see them go. . .

Radio

;);)

I finally just joined Cruise critic instead of popping in to just read reviews.

I have to say one negative I kept reading was that the restaurant menus remained the same. I don't get it!?

Looking at those menus I could eat at the same restaurant every night of the cruise and have a different app and main course each time. Everything looks great. The restaurants having the same menu is clearly a non-issue with complaints by very picky eaters.

However, I had nothing but a nightmare making reservations. All told, I spent 4.5 hours on the phone and 7 hours on the website. Nothing but errors, complications, and glitches throughout the process. Customer service agents even resorting to telling me they would take their lunch break to continue trying the system instead of having me hold for hours more.

I'm keeping a zen attitude and we'll find out in a week how it goes.

I have to say one negative I kept reading was that the restaurant menus remained the same. I don't get it!?

Looking at those menus I could eat at the same restaurant every night of the cruise and have a different app and main course each time. Everything looks great. The restaurants having the same menu is clearly a non-issue with complaints by very picky eaters.

However, I had nothing but a nightmare making reservations. All told, I spent 4.5 hours on the phone and 7 hours on the website. Nothing but errors, complications, and glitches throughout the process. Customer service agents even resorting to telling me they would take their lunch break to continue trying the system instead of having me hold for hours more.

I'm keeping a zen attitude and we'll find out in a week how it goes.

Here's the thing. It's great that you are an adventurous eater but many have food allergies or in my case are vegetarian and the menus are sorely lacking in that regard.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for posting the menus! It's really interesting seeing what they kept (from our 12/1 sailing) and what's gone. A lot of the new dishes sound great and a lot of the ones they kept were ones we thought were good.

We are NOT picky eaters and the one thing everyone in our group thought was that the menus got a bit stale since they did not change over the course of our 11 night cruise. If you order more than 1 appetizer/entree and/or share with a larger group of people, you can try a good portion of the menu in a single visit. If you didn't particularly like some of those things you tried or found them mediocre, then the number of options you have for your subsequent visit(s) are limited. We didn't have Devinly Decadence free on ours, so if you stuck to the free restaurants, you visited some places 3 times.

As has also been mentioned, if you have food allergies, dietary restrictions, dietary preferences, or just things you don't particularly like, it's really not as big of a menu as it looks. For example, back when we went, they didn't have symbols for things that could be made lactose-free like on that current American Icon menu. They just told us what those people couldn't eat. That limits the choices.

If I had been a single cruiser on a shorter cruise, I'm sure I would have thought there were plenty of choices. But I wasn't and our experience was that we got bored with the choices. Not everyone who has commented on that fact is a "very picky eater."

Looking at those menus I could eat at the same restaurant every night of the cruise and have a different app and main course each time. Everything looks great. QUOTE]

I agree!! We found the menus to be well rounded and several items on each that could and did allow us to go several times during our 11 day cruise. And I am a very picky eater!! Delicious!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is another short video from my sailing on Quantum of the Seas. . .

Radio

;);)

That was an awesome video to go along with your excellent LIVE report. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Randy

That was an awesome video to go along with your excellent LIVE report. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Randy

Thanks for the nice comments. . .There are still Pics, Vids, and Cruise Compass to share. . .

Stay tuned. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Some fun times on Quantum of the Seas. . .

A little time lapse, Bumper Cars, and Coki Beach. . .

Radio

;);)

[YOUTUBE]mU-kZreJ1QY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Radio

Daily Cruise Compass Day 1 and 2

Radio

DAY 1 PG 1

D1P1.jpg

DAY 1 PG 2

D1P2.jpg

DAY 1 PG 3

D1P3.jpg

DAY 2 PG 1

D2P1.jpg

DAY 2 PG 2

D2P2.jpg

DAY 2 PG 3

D2P3.jpg

Cruise Compass Day 3 and 4

Radio

DAY 3 PG 1

D3P1.jpg

DAY 3 PG 2

D3P2.jpg

DAY 3 PG 3

D3P3.jpg

DAY 4 PG 1

D4P1.jpg

DAY 4 PG 2

D4P2.jpg

DAY 4 PG 3

D4P3.jpg

Cruise Compass Day 5 and 6

Radio

DAY 5 PG 1

D5P1.jpg

DAY 5 PG 2

D5P2.jpg

DAY 5 PG 3

D5P3.jpg

DAY 6 PG 1

D6P1.jpg

DAY 2 PG 2

D6P2.jpg

DAY 6 PG 3

D6P3.jpg

Edited by Radio

Cruise Compass Day 7 and 8

Radio

DAY 7 PG 1

D7P1.jpg

DAY 7 PG 2

D7P2.jpg

DAY 7 PG 3

D7P3.jpg

DAY 8 PG 1

D8P1.jpg

DAY 8 PG 2

D8P2.jpg

DAY 8 PG 3

D8P3.jpg

Cruise Compass Day 9 and 10

Radio

DAY 9 PG 1

D9P1.jpg

DAY 9 PG 2

D9P2.jpg

DAY 9 PG 3

D9P3.jpg

DAY 10 PG 1

D10P1.jpg

DAY 10 PG 2

D10P2.jpg

DAY 10 PG 3

D10P3.jpg

Here are some Cruise Info pages. . .

Radio

As You Depart

ASYOUDEPART.jpg

Behind the Name Tags

NAMETAGS.jpg

Fun Facts

FUNFACTS1.jpg

Fun Facts 2

FUNFACTS2.jpg

Edited by Radio

Some fun times on Quantum of the Seas. . .

A little time lapse, Bumper Cars, and Coki Beach. . .

Radio

;);)

mU-kZreJ1QY

I can't play this video. I get this message on youtube,

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Great review Radio, but I just have one question that is not related to this review: Why is your name 'Radio'? I am sure there is something behind it, but I couldn't find anything in your posts (at least the ones I read) . Are you into radios? Ham radios? I am just curious :)

Thanks again