"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Leaving from NJ is such a waste out of 11 days there was maybe 3-4 nice days by the pool the rest you are cooped inside. No thanks especially for the high prices they want for the Quantum.

I do not agree. Leaving out of NJ is wonderful especially if you are from the tri state area.

Also I would like to take the time to truly thank Radio for you wonderful review of the Quantum. I can not wait to our cruise on this ship especially since I have truly enjoy your daily reviews and pictures.

sailnjmom49

Hey Radio, hate to see this one end...another super Radio ride capped off with the best Super Bowl I've seen in 25 yrs.:eek: I didn't root for any particular team either, they were both superb.

Hope the weather co operates with you tomorrow as you disembark.

Thank you,

Becci

Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review & lots of cool pictures. We board 10 weeks from today (thanks to Bugsy's countdown each Sunday)

Hope you had a great cruise. Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

Will be looking forward to the rest of your review & pics & videos once you get home & get settled back in the"real world"

Barbara

Hello everyone. . . I am now at the final night of my 10 night Quantum of the Seas cruise.

This has been a good cruise for me. I was able to experience Dynamic Dining on most evenings. I always had a reservation and never had to wait. I can certainly understand that some passengers are having concerns with DD but I never had one issue the whole week. I have every one of the new menus and plan on scanning them once I return home.

Thank you for your amazing review. It's been great reading along and hearing of your experience. When you're cruise came to an end it must have been sad, and I can say the same about your report (as we want to hear more :D ).

Great to hear of a positive comment about Dynamic Dining for once. I do have one question (and I apologize if you did say this), but did the menus change at all during your 10 day each restaurant remain with the same menu throughout?

PS - Glad you got to watch the superbowl. Must have been a cool way to end the trip for those that are fans!

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to Day 11 of “LIVE” from Quantum of the Seas. It is time to say so long to Quantum of the Seas, and so long to many Cruise Critic posters who followed this thread over 100,000 views ago.

I will arrive home around 2PM “ish”, and I may take the liberty of watching the news from my own bed. . . I have many more pics to post, and many scans and videos to complete. This may take several days, but don’t forget to tune in later in the week !

As soon as Quantum of the Seas “brass” calls for me to leave I will begin my trek home.

Thanks for the nice comment and thanks for tuning in. . . .

Radio

I can’t believe I’m coming home to snow. . .argh

K1.jpg

There is lots of activity on this turnaround day. . .

K2.jpg

Quantum of the Pier approaches the pier slowly

K3.jpg

The gangways are being set up for debarkation

K4.jpg

Self assist debarkation will begin at 6:45

K5.jpg

My car is out there somewhere. . .

K6.jpg

Leaving from NJ is such a waste out of 11 days there was maybe 3-4 nice days by the pool the rest you are cooped inside. No thanks especially for the high prices they want for the Quantum.

Quantum is a cold weather ship with 2 indoor pool areas so you can have those 2 days back. I'd understand your moans if Oasis class sailed out of NJ, but this ship is specifically designed to be good through colder climates

Quantum is a cold weather ship with 2 indoor pool areas so you can have those 2 days back. I'd understand your moans if Oasis class sailed out of NJ, but this ship is specifically designed to be good through colder climates

Some people who live in cold winter climates want a week in the warmth and sun. It doesn't matter if the ship is built for cold weather. Instead of getting on a high priced ship and spending two days getting to warmth I can spend 4hours on a plane and walk out of San Juan's airport and find exactly what I'm looking for.

I think modes was expressing an opinion not "moaning".

Your not from the tri-state area:rolleyes:.......Depending on what time of year you can easily experience 11 days of great weather out of Bayonne. We love sailing out of Bayonne as compared to sailing out of Las...oh shoot sorry, you can't sail out of Nevada at all..:D

Great writeup and photos as always.

You had one of the highly desirable "angle" balconies based on your photos. Are the balconies as large as on the Celebrity "S" ships, on which this ship is based? And are they bumped up a notch in cabin categories as Celebrity does in pricing.

We now live in S. Florida and will not fly up to NY for a cruise out of Bayonne any more so I guess we have to wait for Anthem or Ovation to be based in Port Everglades for a stretch.

The just announced rotational dining sounds good to us.

Safe trip home.

Radio you are lucky you got to drive home. Our 10:30 flt was cancelled to Toronto and they rebooked us tomorrow! So we took a chance and drove 2 hours to LGA and are on a flt for 2:30 that is delayed at least an hour.... The first time!

Like a previous poster, we will not sail out of NJ in the winter again. We did it for the ship. We loved the ship so it was worth it, but don't like losing 4 days of cool or cold weather. Back to FLL for us.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Welcome back Radio,

Safe travels home.

Thank you for all those great photos and reviews of the new ship, since we will be on Quantum in April it made our waiting for this cruise more fun.

Out of the complimentary restaurants, do you have a favorite??

Thanks!