"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I left the ship at around 9:30, and headed to the baggage claim. The wait for a porter was very long (45min), but the Porter directed me through Customs very fast.

My car had a ton of snow on it, and I was able to get my car ready in about 15 min. The traffic home was no worries and I was able to get home by around 3PM. it is normally a 3 hr drive, but it took a little longer for rest stops etc. . .

I am happy to be home . . . DD2 had the twins over, and they are always wonderful to see. I had a nice dinner and now it’s time to relax.

I am now working on transferring all vids and pics to my server. . .and that may take quite awhile. I will have to re read the whole thread as I am sure that I may have missed a few questions.

Here are a few pics from debarkation. . .

Radio

Well they have announced that Radio must leave Quantum of the Seas . . . So sad . . .

K27.jpg

The worst walk is the Debarkation walk down the gangway.

K29.jpg

The Baggage area was very busy this morning

K34.jpg

Cape Liberty didn’t look like this 11 days ago. . .

K36.jpg

Sorry to leave you Quantum of the Seas, but I’m sure I will be with her

sisters (Anthem and Ovation)

K38.jpg

So Long Cape Liberty, for now . . .

K39.jpg

Edited by Radio

Some people who live in cold winter climates want a week in the warmth and sun. It doesn't matter if the ship is built for cold weather. Instead of getting on a high priced ship and spending two days getting to warmth I can spend 4hours on a plane and walk out of San Juan's airport and find exactly what I'm looking for.

I think modes was expressing an opinion not "moaning".

Thank you that was my point.

Radio, I was a little late to your 'cruise' ....just finished sailing thru your cruise....love reading your about your journey.

Must tell you, aside from enjoying your commentary, your thread is always positive....even those posting...such a nice change from the majority on the main RCCL board which has become such a 'moaner' place...sooooo, thank you many times over and welcome home.

Soooooo looking forward to our turn very shortly.

Pattie A.

Radio, I was a little late to your 'cruise' ....just finished sailing thru your cruise....love reading your about your journey.

Must tell you, aside from enjoying your commentary, your thread is always positive....even those posting...such a nice change from the majority on the main RCCL board which has become such a 'moaner' place...sooooo, thank you many times over and welcome home.

Pattie A.

Pattie, so good to see you here!!!!! How are you!!!!

Cheryl

Pattie A.

Right, Radio is always positive, makes his reports enjoyable.

Thank you for your amazing review. It's been great reading along and hearing of your experience. When you're cruise came to an end it must have been sad, and I can say the same about your report (as we want to hear more :D ).

Great to hear of a positive comment about Dynamic Dining for once. I do have one question (and I apologize if you did say this), but did the menus change at all during your 10 day each restaurant remain with the same menu throughout?

PS - Glad you got to watch the superbowl. Must have been a cool way to end the trip for those that are fans!

I was also on this cruise, and they did add 2 special entrees, appetizers, and desserts to the menus half way through the cruise.

Just a quick comment. RCCL keeps ships in Baltimore and New Jersey because there are many people who like to cruise from the surrounding states but not like to fly. The ships are always filled. It costs a little bit more than Florida but not compared to the price of an airline ticket.

Mark, you should come on the Anthem with us the 1st sailing out of NJ in Nov:cool::D

Thank you for letting us follow you along, it was wonderful:cool:

Carol:)

I second that :D ;)

Thanks for another great live review!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Leaving from NJ is such a waste out of 11 days there was maybe 3-4 nice days by the pool the rest you are cooped inside. No thanks especially for the high prices they want for the Quantum.
I'm not sure what you expected leaving from NJ the end of January. With that said, your post would mean that it was only warm on port days. Sounds very unusual that the sea day before entering St. Thomas and the sea day after leaving St. Maarten was cool that you couldn't use the outdoor areas.

I enjoyed the review and photos. Thanks. I liked the photo of the Q pier side with the snow banks. I must admit that I never thought of boarding a cruise ship surrounded by so much snow on the ground. Will be going in March and looking forward to the new experience of location, ship, and cruise.

Pattie A.

You need a report with the good, bad and ugly not just all rosey positive.

Awesome live report from your cruise! I've read all pages from your Nov and Jan trip and been following along. We're on the Quantum for March 29th and your series of post is extremely helpful with lots of great information.

Radio, Glad you glad you got home safe and sound!!! Sadly there was a crash on RT 95 North involving van taking two passengers from your ship home to Conn. Two people were killed but I believe the passengers were okay though I am sure horrified.

I was curious whether they would have your cars cleaned off in long term. I guess not, shame, two cruises in previous years when we came home to snow our cars in long term had been cleaned off. In fact while on the cruise the captain advised us not to worry about cars that they were all being cleaned off. Yet another courtesy gone by the wayside.

No matter for us I think our days of sailing from North in winter are over. Linda wanted me to book Grandeur from Baltimore for Xmas but I am passing. Weather, prices, ships, none of that enticing me. Thinking time to cut back some on cruising maybe do a rental down in Florida instead. Coming back to snow just not something I look forward too. Stick to Spring and Fall sailings from NY area.

Looking forward to your additional photo's and commentary.

George & Linda in NY

What an awesome thread! Quantum is an absolutely beautiful ship and I loved your cabin and all the photos! Call me a cheerleader if you like but I gave up on CC several times because I got so tired of all the nastiness on so many of the threads...there is a big difference between an opinion and a moan. It was so refreshing to read all these posts (it took me almost 2 hours) but this thread, other than 2 or 3 comments, was worth it! I love cruising and the day by day itinerary with photos/ videos was like being there.

Thank you Mark, and everyone else who went along on your 'virtual' cruise!

We're on Oasis in 2.5 weeks...St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau. Been to all the ports before but you gave me some ideas that I haven't tried yet!

May we be blessed to read your day by day of your next cruise!

Radio, I checked this morning to see if you had any more pictures or videos for us. I shouldn't be so antsy and give you a chance to get settled in.

I'm probably experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Like other of your loyal fans.

Radio, I checked this morning to see if you had any more pictures or videos for us. I shouldn't be so antsy and give you a chance to get settled in.

I'm probably experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Like other of your loyal fans.

There is a new live that started on the 2nd so we don't have to withdraw.