"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Great review Radio, but I just have one question that is not related to this review: Why is your name 'Radio'? I am sure there is something behind it, but I couldn't find anything in your posts (at least the ones I read) . Are you into radios? Ham radios? I am just curious :)

Thanks again

A long, long time ago I used to manage a Radio Shack store (1984) . . . I received an AOL Acct and my screen name was Radio. . .

It kind of stuck with me. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

For whatever reason it works for me now. It was just the most recent video that didn't work.

I just needed to change the Audio. . . for some reason ,the audio that was posted wasn't allowed for playback on YouTube in the USA. . .

All is good now.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Thanks so much for another great review. I am sailing on the Quantum the end of March and was wondering if you know of any hotel nearby the will shuttle you over to the terminal and let your car at the hotel. I live three hours away and am trying to decide which is the best way to get there from Delaware. Thanks

Thanks so much for another great review. I am sailing on the Quantum the end of March and was wondering if you know of any hotel nearby the will shuttle you over to the terminal and let your car at the hotel. I live three hours away and am trying to decide which is the best way to get there from Delaware. Thanks

There are some hotels with a park/shuttle option. Ask on the East Coast Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Yes please come to the East Coast Board and tell us your exact date, budget, and number of people. The budget option is the Ramada through Trinityreservations.com, but there is another option at the airport and two hotels on Staten Island. You need to be selective about where you chose to ditch your car.

Edited by 138east

Here are a few more. . . .Many more pics tomorrow.

La Jeva ? It tasted like Coke to me. . .

G36.JPG

Really enjoyed reading your review. Your photos are wonderful. I am wondering what base do you have on your GoPro in this picture. I have only used my GoPro for snorkeling so far but after seeing some of your photos will try some stills with it.

Thanks

Really enjoyed reading your review. Your photos are wonderful. I am wondering what base do you have on your GoPro in this picture. I have only used my GoPro for snorkeling so far but after seeing some of your photos will try some stills with it.

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments. . . The base is a Manfrotto Tripod plate.

I mount the GoPro with a Tripod Mount and then attach it to the plate so it is easier to remove this from my tripod (I use this for the aircraft at Maho Beach)

http://www.manfrotto.us/

Radio

;);)

Manfrotto Plate

MONP.jpg

Manfrotto Tripod

MONF.jpg

Edited by Radio

I have Liberty of the Seas "penciled" in for 2 cruises (spring and late summer), but have been considering a couple of other sailings as well. . .

I really love Liberty of the Seas, but I will have decide. . .

Radio

;);)

Looking forward to your final selection for the Liberty. Would love to sail with you and have the forever enjoyment of your pictorials. :D

We had cabin 13620 there was no sun to be had because of overhang which was okay with me. However the problem for us as that the overhang is also the extended floor of the pool decks etc. There is no insulation or carpeting to cut the noise from people walking, jumping, etc above at pool area. Also when they put out chairs it is usually 6 am and is very noisy.

I don't mind ship creaks, noises etc but this was taking it to a higher level at least in our location.

George in NY

George in NY

Radio

I have read many of your live reports and have completely loved them. Thank you so much for writing them.

We have plans to sail in the next year and I have always wanted to sail on RCCL, so we have decided to. But I'm wondering... for a first time RCCL cruiser which ship would you suggested?

I do want to sail the Eastern Caribbean, to St Maartin and those islands. So I'm limited to a few choices but would love your opinion. We live in Texas so flying to Florida would be the easiest.

On this cruise it would be my husband and myself. We're in our 50's and we're not much of the party type, we really love to just relax and enjoy the solariums and spa's and food.

What's you favorite ship and why?

and

Which ship would you suggest???

Thanks

Carolyn

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Radio

Your signature says you're going on a cruise in August. We're running out of day for you to cruise. Has there been a change in plans?

A loyal follower

Yes. . . I wasn't counting on a surgery that kept me from Cruising this month.

I was originally sailing Liberty of the Seas, but had to reschedule. I will stil be sailing "LIVE" in October on Norwegian Getaway. . .

Radio

;);)