Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Pete:- you do a great job of sharing the wealth of knowledge about MSC cabins and so wondered if you could assist me with mine.

I booked a bella inside cabin for my upcoming cruise on Preziosa (dep 12/11/16) and have now been given my cabin number of 12233 and discovered i've been upgraded. Have you any thoughts on this cabin please?

I wont be moaning about anything with it as i'm just grateful to be upgraded from an inside to a balcony. but just curios more than anything

Thanks

Stu

Pete:- you do a great job of sharing the wealth of knowledge about MSC cabins and so wondered if you could assist me with mine.

I booked a bella inside cabin for my upcoming cruise on Preziosa (dep 12/11/16) and have now been given my cabin number of 12233 and discovered i've been upgraded. Have you any thoughts on this cabin please?

I wont be moaning about anything with it as i'm just grateful to be upgraded from an inside to a balcony. but just curios more than anything

Thanks

Stu

It's the standard size 192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bath) balcony 42 sq. ft.

It is however in the rear recess and because of that will have a limited field of view.

In addition it will be badly affected by the deck 14 overhang shadow, which if are not a sun-worshipper is good news,

Field of view Which is infinitely better than an inside :D

prez%2012233%201.jpg

Position from the outside showing the shadows of the deck 14 overhang and hump walls

prez%2012233%202.jpg

You've had a great upgrade, gaining about 30 sq. ft. in the cabin and a balcony as well

. They say that you will not get an upgrade of the experience from Bella to Fantastica

Pete

It's the standard size 192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bath) balcony 42 sq. ft.

It is however in the rear recess and because of that will have a limited field of view.

In addition it will be badly affected by the deck 14 overhang shadow, which if are not a sun-worshipper is good news,

Field of view Which is infinitely better than an inside :D

prez%2012233%201.jpg

Position from the outside showing the shadows of the deck 14 overhang and hump walls

prez%2012233%202.jpg

You've had a great upgrade, gaining about 30 sq. ft. in the cabin and a balcony as well

. They say that you will not get an upgrade of the experience from Bella to Fantastica

Pete

Perfect Pete. Thanks for that. I am over the moon for the upgrade so i'd have taken any balcony. And fully expect i'll only have the Bella experience. I paid £284pp for this so already way above what i could have expected.

I've done Preziosa before at this time of year so sunbathing on the balcony isn't a priority. Just relaxing is the aim of this cruise.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Skier52,

We have 10235, 10237 and 10239 for a cruise next April. What can you tell me about those 3 cabins?

Thanks

Assuming you are booked on Divina

They are the forward most cabins on the port side of the rear hump on deck 10.

They are all 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with balconies of 42 sq. ft.

They are in a great position with regards to full 180 degree views and as they are on the rear hump are not affected by the deck 14 overhang as it doesn't extend that far.

Being on deck 10 will lessen adverse movement wit respect to higher decks, but it will be slightly negated as they are some distance from the midships position.

They are well situated for the lifts to the MDRs, but may get a little noise if other guests are inconsiderate, and it will be a long hike to the theatre.

You should be able to open the dividers (well the outer third) to link the balconies to give one super balcony.

They will all have double sofa beds in the seating area

Lots of "pros" with only very minor "cons"

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hello Pete, I was wondering if you could help me. I've just booked 11107 on the Meraviglia and notice there is a thin white line on the deck plans between me and the cabin next door. I have seen this appears on other MSC ships deck plans as well. Is it just part of the infrastructure of the ship and if so does it effect the cabin or balcony in any way. Thanks so much for your help

Hello Pete, I was wondering if you could help me. I've just booked 11107 on the Meraviglia and notice there is a thin white line on the deck plans between me and the cabin next door. I have seen this appears on other MSC ships deck plans as well. Is it just part of the infrastructure of the ship and if so does it effect the cabin or balcony in any way. Thanks so much for your help

They are the positions of the bulkheads of the watertight / fire compartments of the ship in the event of an emergency. the corridors have the compartment doors in them which you will come across as you walk along them.

I don't believe they have any impact on the cabin or balcony.

Pete

• 1 month later...
I just booked 9210 on Seaside. It's suppose to be an Aurea Suite. It was somehow much cheaper than a regular balcony. Is there something wrong on this deck and those suites. Thanks for any info and insight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those suites are the ones with the long balconies which may well be looked down on from above so may lack a bit of privacy.

but saying that I think they will prove popular especially if they have half the balcony covered as some reports suggest they will

here is a still from the official MSC video and the arrow shows a "covered" section of the balcony

seaside%20eck%209.jpg

In addition it has public areas below so may be subject to an element of noise .

9210 is above a buffet area.

It's difficult to say any more than that until people have actually sailed on her and reported any issues

it could just be you're lucky and got a special marketing deal

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete Could you give any info on 12181 on Meraviglia

I can't give much info about the cabin as I only have the deck plan to go by, but if I had that location I'd be delighted, it will have 180 degree views (excellent). it is unlikely to be affected by the shadow of the deck 15 overhang

it isn't a connecting room and it has a double sofa bed which may be useful s a stand for the travel cot.

very little wrong with it and it comes with the fantastica experience.

# You should have a great time on your honeymoon.

Pete

PS

let them know it is your honeymoon and you may get a nice bottle of bubbly ( most likely prosecco) In your cabin

Edited by Skier52

Pete- could you tell me about stateroom 15239 on the Seaside?

Unfortunately I know very little about Seaside, but I have managed to get an artists rendering of its location and some basic info from a deck plan site

where it is

seaside%2015239.jpg

Basic info

seaside%2015239%20info.jpg

There is a of thread on this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2225747

page 4 has some nice images of the MSC model with a good one of the stern area

page 4 link

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2225747&page=4

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 weeks later...

and we still have many questions about it.

We got the 15007 Aurea suite on the Magnifica. apparently, it has the most amazing ocean view of all. However, we can't tell from the pictures if there's any privacy issue with the suite, since there's a public access to the balcony just beside our room.

do you guys have any experience with this suite?

thanks in advance,

Dani

Going by the pictures Pete posted above my concern with 15239 on Seaside would be that drop ride just beside the balcony. Unless there is a sound barrier of some sort factored in I would think the screams would get on your nerves after the first one or two times the ride was used. I wonder what the hours of operation will be? If they are going ahead with the ride as pictured I really don't understand why they would put it so close to private areas although I suppose they are limited where they could put a ride of that sort.

and we still have many questions about it.

We got the 15007 Aurea suite on the Magnifica. apparently, it has the most amazing ocean view of all. However, we can't tell from the pictures if there's any privacy issue with the suite, since there's a public access to the balcony just beside our room.

do you guys have any experience with this suite?

thanks in advance,

Dani

Going by my experience of Orchestra (Magnifica's sister ship) the access to the large public balcony is limited to the times when the ship is in port, Having said that I found that there was a lot of use by members of the crew for using their phones whilst docked.

There was a modicum of privacy afforded by a short screen but the main method of deterring people from walking past was a single length of chain extending from the screen to the outer barrier of the public balcony.

I doubt whether you will be able to use your balcony when the ship is at sea because of the wind caused by the forward motion of the ship.

Pert

Edited by Skier52

Thanks, Pete!! we've got a reply from MSC customer service that only the cleaning crew will access the panoramic balcony every now and then. it didn't occur us the wind situation. we're not frequent cruisers, it'll be our second time on the sea :)

booked YC cabin 18027. I understand YC never had insides before. What do u think the size will be? Also it is on the top deck 18. Is there a deck 19? Thanks

I believe they will 226 sq. ft.

and if you want a roof on your cabin there had better be a deck 19,

and there is!

seaside%20deck%2019.jpg

However there are no deck 17s on any MSC ship and only Armonia and Sinfonia have cabins that have numbers ending in 17 eg 9117 because of Italian superstition about the number 17 (similar to other peoples superstition about 13)

Pete

Edited by Skier52