Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Yea I booked the Aurea experience. I figured I might as well b/c it came out to almost the same price as the Fantastica with the drink package. Almost got the suite but I know the regular room with suffice. Again thanks for your time!

Edited by MiamiChillin

Looking at Preziosa room 8250. Can you please tell me anything about this room? Hoping it's not one of the in hull balconies?

Thanks in advance.

It is not one of the metal in-hull balcony cabins, and neither is it one of the cabins affected by a lifeboat.

It is however directly above the "Safari Lounge" which is one of the prime evening/night time entertainment venues.

Assuming that the cabin sizes are the same as on Divina it will 192 sq. ft. (168 sq. ft. living area , 24 sq. ft. bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

Here is a picture of where it is

PREZ%208250.jpg

Pete

Thank you so much! Hopefully it's not noisy, but glad it's not one of the metal balconies!

It is not one of the metal in-hull balcony cabins, and neither is it one of the cabins affected by a lifeboat.

It is however directly above the "Safari Lounge" which is one of the prime evening/night time entertainment venues.

Assuming that the cabin sizes are the same as on Divina it will 192 sq. ft. (168 sq. ft. living area , 24 sq. ft. bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

Here is a picture of where it is

PREZ%208250.jpg

Pete

Hi, can anyone (maybe Pete) advise what our balcony cabin will be like on the Splendida? We are cabin 10174 and our friends are in 11074.

It's our friends first time with MSC and it's our first balcony with MSC. Any help and/or pictures would be very much appreciated. :)

Hi, can anyone (maybe Pete) advise what our balcony cabin will be like on the Splendida? We are cabin 10174 and our friends are in 11074.

It's our friends first time with MSC and it's our first balcony with MSC. Any help and/or pictures would be very much appreciated. :)

11074 is in an excellent position on the front hump, it will have full 180 degrees of views and is lose to the front lifts to make it easy walking distance to the lift.

10174.is in the middle of the rear recess so with have its views limited a small amount, but nothing to really get worried about, it may get some shadow from the deck 14 overhang but I doubt it will be very much as the overhang is 4 decks higher

here is where they are

sp-lend%2011074%2010174.jpg

Pete

Thanks so much for your quick reply Pete. Looks like our friends have the better balcony!:p

To be honest we probably won't spend to much time on it, but looking forward to checking out the weather and the view - always handy to see whether or not to wear shorts or jeans as the web cam on the TV has let us down a few times and we have had to return to the cabin to change.

It'll be nice to have some natural light when getting ready as well.

Can't wait for our first (and hopefully not last) MSC balcony. :)

Hi skier52....or anyone who possibly knows the answer.

Are Bella cabins on deck 9 of the Splendida ....in particular 9174...obstructed view cabins?

9174 is not obstructed but will look down , as about 60% of cabins do, on to a lifeboat on deck 7

Pete

Thank you skier52...I booked this cabin because it was a lower deck towards midship but MSC "upgraded" us to a Fantastica cabin...but not the experience... in not as good as a position for me...I suffer from motion sickness and vertigo. When I phoned MSC I told them that in no way was it an upgrade...anything but...they said it was an upgrade because all Bella cabins on deck 9 have obstructed views.

Thank you skier52...I booked this cabin because it was a lower deck towards midship but MSC "upgraded" us to a Fantastica cabin...but not the experience... in not as good as a position for me...I suffer from motion sickness and vertigo. When I phoned MSC I told them that in no way was it an upgrade...anything but...they said it was an upgrade because all Bella cabins on deck 9 have obstructed views.

the limited (obstructed) view cabins are on deck 8 in the recessed areas, cabins on the forward and rear humps of deck 8 don't have limited views. no cabins on deck 9 have obstructed views though some on the forward and rear humps have metal "IN -HULL" balconies.

as for motion sickness the closer you are to the "meta-centre" , not the centre of gravity , that is something else) of the ship the less movement you feel.

the meta-centre is slightly aft of the centre of the water line and in the centre of the ship somewhere around deck 6 or 7.

pete

Edited by Skier52

• 4 weeks later...
I was thinking of booking the Divina, what do you think about aft cabin 11297 or 11299 is this a good location and it very far from the elevators or is there a set of stairs we can use.

Personally I would love either of these cabins as they have large balconies, 95 sq. ft. (standard balconies are 42 sq. ft. ).so I think they are one of the best locations on the ship but I don't have mobility issues.

AS for access to the lifts they are not too far away from the rearmost bank of lofts that serve the MDRs.

It will however be a long trek to the theatre, and quite a long trek to the central bank of lifts which give access to the reception area, the open pool deck and shops etc.

Wherever you are on Divina some public areas are going to be longish walk to get there merely because she is nearly a quarter of a mile long.

So you will have to balance out where you are most likely to want to go most often. Dining facilities or entertainment. there are a large number of bars and lounges spread along the entire length of the ship,

Here is an image of a deck 11 aft cabin

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

and from inside the cabin

courtesy of cruisedeckplans

divina%20aft%20deck%2011.jpg

Pete

Just upgraded today to an Aurea balcony cabin #13015 from Fantastica balcony cabin #9145. I just could not resist all the perks that came with the Aurea experience. Can you tell me about the cabin? I think I figured out where it is located and I am reasonable sure that it has a glass balcony.

Just upgraded today to an Aurea balcony cabin #13015 from Fantastica balcony cabin #9145. I just could not resist all the perks that came with the Aurea experience. Can you tell me about the cabin? I think I figured out where it is located and I am reasonable sure that it has a glass balcony.

First of all let me apologise for the delay in answering your question but I have just this minute returned from a 7 night cruise on Splendida.

The cabin is a standard size 192sq. ft.

(168 sq ft.living ; 24 sq ft bathroom ) 42 sq ft balcony, It has a plexiglass balcony.

Hope this reassures you. Have a good cruise.

Pete

I bought the upgrade to YC and I got cabin 16033 does anyone have photos??? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are some photos of 16034 (same sort of suite) in this thread,

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2390192&highlight=square+yacht+club

And VIDEO of a Square suite in this thread, post #9

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2343470&highlight=square+yacht+club

Pete

Edited by Skier52

There are some photos of 16034 (same sort of suite) in this thread,

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2390192&highlight=square+yacht+club

And VIDEO of a Square suite in this thread, post #9

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2343470&highlight=square+yacht+club

Pete

Thanks you so much..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have cabin questions, I'm going on the Divina in December with two couples, neither of us have every been on the MSC line. Could you please let me know about Bella cabin 9162 and also Fantastica cabin 13199. I'm worried that cabin 13199 may have noise from upstairs buffet. Please let me know what you think.

Cabin 9162 is one of the smaller balcony cabins with narrower balcony (148sf with 24sf balcony). I would not be too concerned about noise from the buffet. Maybe early morning, but only for most forward part of the Calumet buffet is open late at night (until 2am). EM

I have cabin questions, I'm going on the Divina in December with two couples, neither of us have every been on the MSC line. Could you please let me know about Bella cabin 9162 and also Fantastica cabin 13199. I'm worried that cabin 13199 may have noise from upstairs buffet. Please let me know what you think.

Cabin 9162 is one of the smaller balcony cabins with narrower balcony (148sf with 24sf balcony). I would not be too concerned about noise from the buffet. Maybe early morning, but only for most forward part of the Calumet buffet is open late at night (until 2am). EM

Sorry, also need to know about cabins 10094 and 10097. Thank you.

9162 is a EM says a small balcony cabin.

13199 is in a great position with respect to views as it is on the rear hump, no deck 14 overhang to worry about and is a standard size 192 sq. ft.(165 living area ; 24 sq. ft. bathroom ) 42 sq. ft. balcony. I think there may be a little overhead noise but at a time you are likely to be the one causing it as you join all the others at breakfast.

10094 is a standard size cabin , but it has a connecting door into 10096, they are not my favourite cabins as there is potential for noise from inconsiderate neighbours.

10097 another standard cabin and just about far enough away from the hump wall as to not have a too limited field of view. both cabins on declk10 are unlikely to be shaded by the deck 14 overhang.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete. Could you please tell me about Divina cabin 12074. I have trawled all of the threads about Divina cabins and I can't find any reference to this one. Never cruised with MSC so completely unfamiliar with this ship. Thanks a lot.

Edited by sandancer

Pete. Could you please tell me about Divina cabin 12074. I have trawled all of the threads about Divina cabins and I can't find any reference to this one. Never cruised with MSC so completely unfamiliar with this ship. Thanks a lot.

It is a standard size balcony cabin 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 sq.ft. bathroom) 42 sq.ft. balcony.

It is in a really good position being the last cabin on the front hump before the recess.

it will have great views and won't be affected by the deck 14 overhang.

It has cabins above, below and to one side the other side is the hump wall so noise shouldn't be an issue.

it is handy for the forward bank of lifts but should not get much noise from passing footfall as it is between two lift area entrances.

Apart from the stern cabins on deck 9,10 11 I can't think of a better location for a non-YC cabin.

Pete

Edited by Skier52