Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hi Peter

may I ask you for some insights on Cabin 12025 on Divina? Thanks and rgds,

Patrick

IMHO

it's a cabin in a very good position. It is not affected by the deck 14 overhang and has good views in all directions. It has a plexiglass " "fence" .

It has cabins above , below and on all sides so should not experience undue noise.

it is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony

It would be hard to better it, exceptions being aft cabins on decks 10 and 11 which have very large balconies.

You should have little to complain about from a standpoint of location with this cabin.

enjoy your cruise

Pete

Thanks alot Pete for The good news!

IMHO

it's a cabin in a very good position. It is not affected by the deck 14 overhang and has good views in all directions. It has a plexiglass " "fence" .

It has cabins above , below and on all sides so should not experience undue noise.

it is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony

It would be hard to better it, exceptions being aft cabins on decks 10 and 11 which have very large balconies.

You should have little to complain about from a standpoint of location with this cabin.

enjoy your cruise

Pete

Hi Pete

Please can you give me info on this cabin and the pros-cons

Tracy

Pros

1) It is close to the main lift system that serves the theatre

2) It has a plexiglass barrier, so no problem of the metal "in-hull" balcony

3) If you love shade , and not direct sunshine the deck 14 overhang will delight you

Cons

!) The deck 14 overhang will make the balcony a big disappointment if you love direct sunshine on you

2) the close proximity of a hump all will limit the field of view , particularly f3rward.

3) It is a long trek to the MDRs which will affect people wit mobility issues

4) it is directly below the indoor pool ,m so w ill have some noise issues, but please bear in mind that these may occur at times when you are not in your cabin.

the cabin is 167 sq. with the bathroom using 27 s. ft. of the 167

a view of the deck 14 balcony showing deck 13 as the topmost set of balconies

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

hope this is what you want

Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for your reply

If l can change my cabin, where do you think is the option for us! ie upgrade spa cabin or YC.

Tracy

without upgrading you could try and get a cabin on the forward or rear hump then there will be no problem with the overhang and if you move down to deck 12 or 11 there will be no noise problems. but beware the metal balconies in the first few cabins near the very front of the front hump and the rearmost 2 or 3 cabins on the rear hump

another option is to have an aft cabin on deck 10 or 11 as they have huge balconies, but they sell out fast.

if you move up to the aurea experience remember that they have the allegrissimo basic package (you can upgrade to the premium) included in the price so the extra cost has to be based on what you would have done about drinks in the fantastica experience.

if you can go in the YC you'll love it but there can be a very hefty premium for the upgrade

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Pete,

Are you able to tell me anything about cabin 12113 on MSC Preziosa? Is it a standard size cabin and standard size balcony? and does it have a sofa in?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Emma

Just by knowing that Preziosa and Divina are one of the two pairs of sister ships in the Fantasia class, I will go with the idea that they cabins are designed in the same manner.

That said I would expect 12113 to be a standard size cabin 192 sq. ft. wit a 42 sq. ft. balcony. and I would expect a double sofa and not a double sofa bed as it does not have the diamond icon indicating a sofa bed .

hope this is what you wanted

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi! Can somebody tell me if cabin 9002 in the divina have a balcony?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NO Balcony

as seen from the legend on the deck plans

the rectangle with a black circle indicates that is a panoramic window and no balcony

A balcony is indicated by two vertical rectangles side by side'

9008.jpg

Hi Skier 52

I'm thinking of booking Yacht Club cabin 16035 on Splendida - the balcony looks bigger but I'm wondering how much is enclosed by metal and there appears to be a pole on the balcony! Do you have any info? My alternative is the cabin next door 16033.

Many thanks.

Hi Skier 52

I'm thinking of booking Yacht Club cabin 16035 on Splendida - the balcony looks bigger but I'm wondering how much is enclosed by metal and there appears to be a pole on the balcony! Do you have any info? My alternative is the cabin next door 16033.

Many thanks.

All I can do is look at an exterior photo and mark the balcony of 16035 for you and compare it to 16031 (a standard balcony). It is definitely has a larger opening, and yes it does have a pole. but what the heck it is a larger room as well. If in doubt take 16033.

but be warned they (16033/35) are designated as 3 person cabins and you can be bumped out of them if there are only 2 of you and a threesome want to book.

16035%20splendida.jpg

Pete

Hello Pete

I don't mean to bother you but do you know where cabin number 11194 is and if it's a regular balcony or one of the small ones. I want you to know that we really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us period thank you so much.

Hello Pete

I don't mean to bother you but do you know where cabin number 11194 is and if it's a regular balcony or one of the small ones. I want you to know that we really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us period thank you so much.

It's one of the Smaller ones

Pete

Hello Pete

Sorry it was supposed to put a period not type period. Also I thought you should know we're going to be on the seaside. Thank you