Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

I booked an ocean view fantastica guarantee, if I get upgraded to a balcony room will I maintain my fantastica category and get a well located cabin?

Thank you,

Karen

You will keep your Fantastica category but there is no guarantee of well located cabin, you could be given a cabin such as the corner of the recessed area which has very poor views.

MSC tend to use upgrades as one ways of filling the less desirable locations.

• 3 weeks later...

Pete, you are such a valuable resource!!! I would like to take my husband's brother and his wife on a Panama Canal Cruise with us in February on the MSC Divina. We have already booked our cruise and have the same balcony cabin in which we stayed on our last cruise. Do you know of any larger balcony cabins where four adults would be comfy?

Thank you for any insight you are able to provide.

Pete, you are such a valuable resource!!! I would like to take my husband's brother and his wife on a Panama Canal Cruise with us in February on the MSC Divina. We have already booked our cruise and have the same balcony cabin in which we stayed on our last cruise. Do you know of any larger balcony cabins where four adults would be comfy?

Thank you for any insight you are able to provide.

It would help if I knew which cabin you are presently booked in.

I'm sorry about that!

Our cabin is 11084. If you know of any other way we could get more room without breaking my bank, I am all ears! As I said earlier you are a wealth of information.

Jan

The only option I can say is, can you get an "H" cabin, if any take 4 guests, but you would loose the big balcony you have at the moment and get one of about 60 sq ft.

i'm not sure whether any of them take 4 guests , 11214 for example is labelled as having a double sofa bed but i'm not guaranteeing it is definitely in there.

if you do get an H cabin, without a definite need for one you will be bumped out of it if a guest that's has special needs books a cruise.

it is a big risk to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Pete, you are a wealth of info!!! Probably should be paid for all of your info. Truly amazing and helpful to so many. A minute of your time, please. First MSC cruise (13th overall) on the 19 May, 2018 sailing of the Seaside (15 days away). Got balcony cabin 15144, and would love your thoughts and insight. My wife and I prefer a high deck first of all, and probably our biggest concern is if there may be considerable noise from Deck 16 above. Also, wondering about cabin set-up (bed by bath or balcony) cabin pics, square footage and any view obstructions or severe overhangs. Once again Pete, thanks so much, fflashh(y):ship::cool:

Wow Pete, you are a wealth of info!!! Probably should be paid for all of your info. Truly amazing and helpful to so many. A minute of your time, please. First MSC cruise (13th overall) on the 19 May, 2018 sailing of the Seaside (15 days away). Got balcony cabin 15144, and would love your thoughts and insight. My wife and I prefer a high deck first of all, and probably our biggest concern is if there may be considerable noise from Deck 16 above. Also, wondering about cabin set-up (bed by bath or balcony) cabin pics, square footage and any view obstructions or severe overhangs. Once again Pete, thanks so much, fflashh(y):ship::cool:

Your cabin is on the hump, so there is no overhang, so that is free from any concerns, likewise you will have unobstructed views I all directions, apart from a view into the bridge when looking forward, but you are far enough back for it to be of very little consequence.

However the noise issue from above may be different:- you are directly below an entrance area for the buffet, though not a very main entrance ( one door connects to the Asian fusion diner next door so there should be not much traffic using that route. The other entrance in the area connects to a large "white" area, which I think is an entrance into a crew area) so all in all there may well be some noise from footfall, but may not be too much to detract rom your enjoyment of your cruise.

I can only quote the cabin area of the cabin I have booked on the Seaview, which is on deck 15, as is yours, and it is 161 sq ft, the bathroom is quoted as 21.5 sq ft,, ( I'm not sure whether it is part of the 161 sq ft or is in addition to that number), I have no information on the sq ft of the balcony.

The deck plans have both of the bed by the windows and he seating by the windows.

I believe that the set-up alternates between the two possibilities in adjacent rooms as you move along the decks.

The info relating to my cabin says it has a shower no bath.

Hope this is useful

PETE

Hi im first time with MSC and we have Balcony 10183 is this an ok cabin to have. So looking forward to this cruise anyway so don't mind to much but would be nice to have a bit of a view. Thanks in advance

which SHIP?

Sorry Divina..... Thank you

What you have is a small balcony cabin, 148 sq ft; bath room 24, living area 124; balcony 33, for comparison a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft; 168 living. 24 bathroom; 42 balcony.

It is however on the hump so has good views in every direction, albeit in a downward direction you see the top of a lifeboat , as do about two thirds of the balcony cabins.

It is nicely situated for access to the lifts that service the MDRs and the central atrium.

A bit of a trek to the theatre but as it is such a long ship somewhere is always going to be a trek to get to.

This is an OK cabin given that it is Bella, so the fare will reflect that.

It is one of the better Bella cabins in terms of position on the ship, many of the others have lifeboats restricting their views.

I'm sure you will enjoy cruise in this cabin.

Pete

Anyone got some information on best aft cabins on Splendida either Bella or Fantastica ? Also do yin get noise from the stairs next to the end aft cabins?

The best are on deck 10 with 118 sq ft balconies, next are deck 11; 95 sq ft balconies, and then deck 12; 55 sq ft balconies

a standard balcony is 42 sq ft .

Deck 13 are to be avoided as they are juliet balconies.

The aft stairs are not used by many so noise shouldn't be an issue.

Pete

pS images of the aft balconies of Davina , her sister ship are on the following link , post #11

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2505973

What you have is a small balcony cabin, 148 sq ft; bath room 24, living area 124; balcony 33, for comparison a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft; 168 living. 24 bathroom; 42 balcony.

It is however on the hump so has good views in every direction, albeit in a downward direction you see the top of a lifeboat , as do about two thirds of the balcony cabins.

It is nicely situated for access to the lifts that service the MDRs and the central atrium.

A bit of a trek to the theatre but as it is such a long ship somewhere is always going to be a trek to get to.

This is an OK cabin given that it is Bella, so the fare will reflect that.

It is one of the better Bella cabins in terms of position on the ship, many of the others have lifeboats restricting their views.

I'm sure you will enjoy cruise in this cabin.

Pete

Thank you so much for your time to answer. We will love our cruise always travel to enjoy a holiday never to pick for faults and having a small balcony cabin will be a bonus to us. Thanks again

We just found out that we are in a wellness balcony cabin #13020 on MSC Seaside. I booked a fantastica ocean view cabin. Can you find the cabin on the outside of the ship? I want to see if I have a glass view and not a metal view.

I think this is not a fantastica preferred location as it is not mid ship.

Thank you,

Karen

We just found out that we are in a wellness balcony cabin #13020 on MSC Seaside. I booked a fantastica ocean view cabin. Can you find the cabin on the outside of the ship? I want to see if I have a glass view and not a metal view.

I think this is not a fantastica preferred location as it is not mid ship.

Thank you,

Karen

No problem

Here is an image showing your cabin. it is indeed a plexiglass barrier on the balcony

13020.jpg

Pete

No problem

Here is an image showing your cabin. it is indeed a plexiglass barrier on the balcony

13020.jpg

Pete

You are great. I feel much better about our room assignment. I am getting mixed measurements about the balcony cabin size compared to an ocean view cabin. Keep up this post as it is very helpful.

Karen

You are great. I feel much better about our room assignment. I am getting mixed measurements about the balcony cabin size compared to an ocean view cabin. Keep up this post as it is very helpful.

Karen

My information is that ocean view cabins are 185 sq ft total floor area (living area + bathroom area) whereas a balcony cabin is 192 sq ft total area (living area 168 sq ft ; bath room 24 sq ft) with the balcony being 42 sq ft.

I'm not sure what your concern is with regard to the size of the cabins, but I hope this helps you to stop worrying

Pete

Hi we have booked cabin 13213 on Meraviglia will we get sun on the balcony? Thanks

As you have a large angled balcony I would say that you should get sun on at least the outer part of the balcony

I've included an image of the starboard side ( your cabin is port side but will be affected in the same way by the overhang of deck 15.) Your cabin is in the rear recess in which you can't see any deck 14 cabins as they are hidden by the overhang and its shadow.

However the cabin13280 which is directly opposite yours on deck 13 is in the shadow but does have some sun on the end of the balcony.

I've labeled deck 13 and 14 for you to see what I am saying

MSC_Meraviglia_cdA.jpg

Hi,

I will like to compare cabin 12206 vs 12196 on MSC Seaside.

IMHO 12196, being out on the hump, and having 180 degree views is better located than 12206 which will have a smaller field of view, and, in a rearwards direction have views of your neighbours at very close quarters, and not of a sea view of where the ship has sailed.

Other than that the two cabins look like standard balcony cabins.

Unfortunately I have no info on dimensions or layout other than what can be found on the mSC web site

12206_12196a.jpg

Hope this helps a little

Pete