Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Skier52 you have been helpful in previous cruises, could you oblige by pinpointing cabin 8105 on MSC Magnifica and does it have a restricted view. TIA

here is the info you requested

It most definitely has a restricted view and MSC market it as a restricted view cabin

magnifica%208105a.jpg

magnifica%208105b.jpg

hope this helps

Pete

9215 like all the suites on the aft of deck 9 with the exception of those at the back are identical to the forward Aurea cabins in size.

There are photos in the Seaside only photos thread.

interiors may be the same but the balcony's on the aft are significantly larger.

gimletgal,

here's a great photo album from cruise critic with great 360 photos.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/msc-seaside-994/suite-405481/

this cabin (9218) is on the starboard side, whereas 9215 is on the port side. one thing to note is that the photos do not have any loungers on the balcony but i'm almost positive all of the aurea suites on deck 9 have 2 chairs and 2 loungers. these balconys are huge, but lack privacy since every deck above you will be looking down on you, but you do have a bit of privacy closer toward the balcony door

interiors may be the same but the balcony's on the aft are significantly larger.

tjwphoto ... you appear to have missed the point, these balcony cabins which are no different to Fantastica cabins internally are sold as a Suite which means you are paying Suite prices for a long balcony! those on Deck 9 forward are Aurea balconies with a larger balcony and which have sun loungers on them and cost less than a longer Deck 9 aft balcony.

The so called Deck 9 Suites were also the same price as our Aft Suite at Xmas and there is no comparison apart from the name suite.

Skier 52,

Do you have any info on 8232 on the Divina? Is it an obstructed view? Do you know the size of the cabin and balcony? Thank you!!

You have got a good cabin as it has uninterrupted views in all directions because it is on the rear hump.

It has a plexiglass balcony barrier . As a result it will be a fairly long trek to the theatre but in contrast to that it is next to the lifts that give access to the MDR although it could have a certain amount of noise from inconsiderate guests who are exiting the lifts, but I would say that will be only occasionally and it certainly far preferable to have a possibility( of noise) than definite restricted view caused by lifeboats

it is a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft. (168 living area ; 24 bathroom)

The balcony is 42 sq. ft.

Pete

Wow you are amazing! I did a search so as to not be repetitive and did not see Divina cabin 12075. This is our first MSC cruise and we are excited but a little nervous about the size of the cabins. I know this is an inside but that's about it. Thank you for any information.

Skier52,

What can you tell me about Divina stateroom 11222? The balcony looks to be odd shaped. Would you happen to have pictures? Thank you for helping us all.

indeed I have

It is a standard size balcony cabin with a larger balcony.it will have limited views rearwards because of the hump wall.

It is 90 sq. ft. as compared with 42 for a standard balconybalconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Skier, we have been assigned 9220 on Divina, other than interconnecting doors (which I dislike) is there anything we should know about this cabin? Would you recommend an alternative we should request?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will be somewhat in the shade as it is deep within the rear recess and will have a limited field of view.

if you want to stick with bella I would try for any balcony cabin on deck 8 on the rear hump (except the two rear most side-facing balconies as they have metal balcony barriers.)

all other deck 8 cabins either have metal balconies or views of the top of a lifeboat

Hope this helps

Wow you are amazing! I did a search so as to not be repetitive and did not see Divina cabin 12075. This is our first MSC cruise and we are excited but a little nervous about the size of the cabins. I know this is an inside but that's about it. Thank you for any information.

it is 168 sq. ft. with 148 as the living area and 24 as the bathroom.

from looking at the deck plan it has a walkway on one side which may be crew access to either a cupboard or perhaps a stairwell.

whether it will be the source of unwanted noise I can not say.

Pete

I've been looking for pictures of cabin 14048. If you wouldn't mind pointing it out that would be great. Still looking for pictures as well. I am looking for that room on the Seaside. Please and thank you.

this is its location

seaside%2014048.jpg

Pete