Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

13 hours ago, Luckyone2 said:

HI Skier,

Can you tell me if cabin 13265 has a steel balcony?  When I look at the deck plans and photos of Seaside, I can't tell if the decorative sash on the rear of the Seaside goes in front of our balcony or not.  

Thank you,

\you are correct about 13265 having a metal decorative balcony

pete  

13265.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Pete,

When I look at the deck plans, I see that our cabin is 6 doors back from the aft.  I then compare it to the photo of Seaside which doesn't quite match up.  I then  found a video of aft cabin 14262 which shows when walking in and through the cabin and out the door, the aft cabin would be the first set of doors seen from the aft in the photo.  If this was true, that would place cabin 13265 on the other side of metal balcony.  I think what is confusing me is the visual difference between the deck plans and photo of Seaside.  I love researching my cruises.  Any balcony is plus but this one puzzled me, and I wanted your thoughts.  Thank you for your input!

Julie

Video of aft:  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, overthepond said:

Hi, Just found out we have been moved from 11253 to 11247 on the Musica. Is there much of a difference ?

The major difference is the new cabin is next to the outside staircase so there is the possibility of people looking round the balcony wall to see what an aft balcony lo0oks like, so your privacy may be less.

other than that there will be no significant difference 

Pete  

Skier52 (Pete?)....I want to say after skimming thru this thread, I am very impressed with your ability to identify specific cabins on a photo of the ships.    I was very interested in what method you use to do this?   It seems to me, just using a deck plan would be rather difficult, except for some cabins clearly in some prominent position...

Thanks!:classic_smile:

10 hours ago, bob brown said:

Skier52 (Pete?)....I want to say after skimming thru this thread, I am very impressed with your ability to identify specific cabins on a photo of the ships.    I was very interested in what method you use to do this?   It seems to me, just using a deck plan would be rather difficult, except for some cabins clearly in some prominent position...

Thanks!:classic_smile:

I do use a deck plan but I do have a good understanding of the smaller features such as watertight compaatments, H designated cabins which are wider than normal cabins, which show on the deck plan but also makes difference on the external features. Below are two images with the water tight compartment walls shown in RED and the H cabins in BLUE,

Then it is a case of counting in both directions to get the location of a specific cabin

Hope this satisfied your curiosity

Pete

DIVINA%20deck%209.jpg

DIVINA%20deck%209%202_1.jpg

55 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

I do use a deck plan but I do have a good understanding of the smaller features such as watertight compaatments, H designated cabins which are wider than normal cabins, which show on the deck plan but also makes difference on the external features. Below are two images with the water tight compartment walls shown in RED and the H cabins in BLUE,

Then it is a case of counting in both directions to get the location of a specific cabin

Hope this satisfied your curiosity

Pete

DIVINA%20deck%209.jpg

DIVINA%20deck%209%202_1.jpg

Brilliant!

I have tried to do similar, by counting fore or aft from wider cabins or sometimes the 'bump-out', or the first or last...

I wasn't aware of the visible line from the water tight doors....thanks!👍

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, madeleinesmommy said:

Hi Pete, are you able to give me your opinion on Room 15048 on the MSC Seaview?

Thank you!!!

I would say it's a cabin in a great position, on the hump, with uninterrupted views in all directions.

it is close to a bank of lifts, just far enough away so as not to be to troubled by noise, but close enough to be convenient to use them.

No overhang to worry about.

bunk bed or sofa for guests 3/4, if you have that many in your group.

All in all a very good position, if you don't have too many concerns about movement, as it is on a high deck 

Pete

5 hours ago, Skier52 said:

I would say it's a cabin in a great position, on the hump, with uninterrupted views in all directions.

it is close to a bank of lifts, just far enough away so as not to be to troubled by noise, but close enough to be convenient to use them.

No overhang to worry about.

bunk bed or sofa for guests 3/4, if you have that many in your group.

All in all a very good position, if you don't have too many concerns about movement, as it is on a high deck 

Pete

Thank you so much Pete!  We are very excited about the cruise - can't wait!

I'm just starting to research cruises on MSC in the Yacht Club we usually sail Celebrity in a Sky suite so what cabin would be like that although we would consider a balcony. We like to be near a elevator and not have a public area above us Any cabin area we should stay away from.  I am not sure what ship/sailing yet just starting to gather info

Thanks for any info.

Pam

Edited by pamkev
Added more info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Skier52,

New to MSC and was referred to your link with a question about MSC Seaside cabin 10182. It’s on deck 10 on the hump. My booking confirmation says Bathroom area 3.00mq with Bathtub. Is there really a bathtub in this type of B1 Balcony? Or is that how MSC indicates bathtub means shower?

thanks

Tom

If it says bathtub, it probably has one.  Yes, Fantasia class and Seaside class do have tubs in some cabins.  We had a Bella balcony on Divina, with tub.  WE have a list of tub cabins on Divina, but noone has yet posted one for Seaside.  Cruisedeckplans has pics and video of 10201 with a tub.  EM

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigilla said:

Hi...can you please indicate where Cabin 10027 on the Seaview is please? I know it s at the bow... & i think it has a steel balcony too...thanks

here is the image you want and it does show that 10027 has a metal balcony

seaview%201.jpg

Pete