Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hi,

Could you give advice on cabin 8208 on Meraviglia, I know is a bigger balcony, but is the view too obstructed?

14 hours ago, Grapta said:

Hi,

Can you compare 8208 and 8148 on Meraviglia , which one is better located?

8208 is located  in a recessed area as against 8148 being on the hump.

So 8148 is IMHO  much better location with regard to having a much better view, and from the image I suspect 8208 has a lifeboat in just below or partially in front of it.

8208%208148.png

I hope this is of value to you

Pete

Edited by Skier52

2 minutes ago, gamblinmon said:

Skier 52, do you know what the space is next to cabin 12149 on the Meraviglia. It's a white square on the deck plans.

Thanks in advance

looking at where it is on the ship

ie at the front of the middle hump and the fact that it does not extend down or up any decks , I suspect it is a store room or room with machinery such as electrical transformers/distribution boards  or a calorifier.

It could be anything except a flue from the engines as they go through all the decks 

but this is a best guess

Pete

11 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

looking at where it is on the ship

ie at the front of the middle hump and the fact that it does not extend down or up any decks , I suspect it is a store room or room with machinery such as electrical transformers/distribution boards  or a calorifier.

It could be anything except a flue from the engines as they go through all the decks 

but this is a best guess

Pete

thanks Pete!

23 hours ago, Skier52 said:

8208 is located  in a recessed area as against 8148 being on the hump.

So 8148 is IMHO  much better location with regard to having a much better view, and from the image I suspect 8208 has a lifeboat in just below or partially in front of it.

8208%208148.png

I hope this is of value to you

Pete

Thanks for your answer, definitely I am booking 8148.

• 1 month later...

Asking about deck cabins.  I checked online for bella and it a guarantee inside cabin..

I then checked the fan. inside cabin and could pick 15046, 15067,15076 or

14146,14120, 14069, or 13122H, 13106,13086H

Any level better than the other?  The 15046 is by itself and by stairs I think..... Should I do guarantee or try 15046 or another. Opinion is very appreciated  

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Barbie55 said:

Asking about deck cabins.  I checked online for bella and it a guarantee inside cabin..

I then checked the fan. inside cabin and could pick 15046, 15067,15076 or

14146,14120, 14069, or 13122H, 13106,13086H

Any level better than the other?  The 15046 is by itself and by stairs I think..... Should I do guarantee or try 15046 or another. Opinion is very appreciated  

the name of the ship would help a great deal

the level of experience depends on whether you will be using room service or not  and whether dining times are factor for you.

if neither is important then bella is probably the way to go if it is a lot cheaper than fantastica, if it is marginal then fantastica would be my choice.

Other than that a guarantee cabin is a gamble on location and could be near a major noise source such as above aloud bar or next to a crew stairwell. YOu could be lucky and get upgraded to an OV or balcony if you go for guarantee which you possibly wont if you go for a specific cabin.

try to avoid an H cabin as these are required for special needs guests

Hello Skier Pete,

This is a great thread - having read 27 pages, I’m amazed at some of the detail you pull out from photos and diagrams! Also your comments have pointed. Out things I never considered as affecting cabin enjoyment, such as shading.

Would you please share your insights on Armonia  cabin 10014? It is an Aurea Suite, although the cabin looks no different in size and configuration from the Fantasia balconies.however the difference in price was negligible and comes with the priority boarding, spa access and a massage - the latter 2 alone  cost more than the upgrade. 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

Hello Skier Pete,

This is a great thread - having read 27 pages, I’m amazed at some of the detail you pull out from photos and diagrams! Also your comments have pointed. Out things I never considered as affecting cabin enjoyment, such as shading.

Would you please share your insights on Armonia  cabin 10014? It is an Aurea Suite, although the cabin looks no different in size and configuration from the Fantasia balconies.however the difference in price was negligible and comes with the priority boarding, spa access and a massage - the latter 2 alone  cost more than the upgrade. 

Thank you!

the cabin is the same size as an ordinary balcony cabin, the Aurea suites on deck 12 are the larger cabins.

but the position you have would be one I would choose as it is below the spa so overhead noise will be minimal

(incidentally the Aurea suites on deck 12 suffer from overhead noise from the sunbeds being put out each morning , early, on the sundeck )

it is close to the lifts and I wouldn't expect noise to be an issue as there are only six cabins past yours so footfall past your door should be light.

are you sure you get the free massage ? It appears to have been dropped from the Aurea packages on recent booking pages I've looked at. Instead it says "Spa benefits" and is only £40 GBP pp (approx. $50 USD) extra for a 7 night cruise.

As per online brochures

OPERA%202020%203.jpg

2 hours ago, cricketcj1 said:

We are booked on Maraviglia April,12 to Copenhagen from Miami,#14099 was told has a bathtub But can! confirm this B-3 Aura. Thank you 

I\'m sorry I don't have any information on bathtubs in cabins except for MSC DIVINA

4 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

are you sure you get the free massage ? It appears to have been dropped from the Aurea packages on recent booking pages I've looked at. Instead it says "Spa benefits" and is only £40 GBP pp (approx. $50 USD) extra for a 7 night cruise.

Thank you for confirming our decision to book 1014 vice one on the 12th deck (although larger is nicer, as a light sleeper.....). However I’ll keep the larger cabin in mind.

Our upgrade from a Fantastica balcony to Aurea suite S3 was US $120pp, so quite a bit more than your British price. We booked ver the phone with the US 

B9D98F49-4C8A-406E-A833-857547054CD9.png

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, mrsemmaclairemoor said:

Hi, 

Are you able to tell me anything about cabin 13120 on MSC Preziosa? I can work out whether it will have overhang about it or not. 

Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, mrsemmaclairemoor said:

Hi, 

Are you able to tell me anything about cabin 13120 on MSC Preziosa? I can work out whether it will have overhang about it or not. 

Thank you in advance.

here is some info on the cabin you named##it will have an overhang from deck14 but not s bad s those in the recessed area

you can see the overhang marked on the deck plan(the dotted line)

13120%20prziosa.jpg

you can see in this image the amount of overhang you will have ; it is in the background. not the very back background which Is the bridge

above the cabins above the lifeboats

deck 13 is immediately below the overhang

9d25fae9-7cd6-4a45-8856-c9066b38dd58.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

I am sailing on Seaside twice next year and was wondering about my rooms.  Last year I had an obstructed view and I don't want that again.

I will be in room 9086 and 9088 in March-Are they see thru balconies??

And room 10198 in May

Thanks so much!!

On 8/23/2019 at 9:54 PM, Skier52 said:

here is some info on the cabin you named##it will have an overhang from deck14 but not s bad s those in the recessed area

you can see the overhang marked on the deck plan(the dotted line)

13120%20prziosa.jpg

you can see in this image the amount of overhang you will have ; it is in the background. not the very back background which Is the bridge

above the cabins above the lifeboats

deck 13 is immediately below the overhang

9d25fae9-7cd6-4a45-8856-c9066b38dd58.jpg

Thank you so much for all the info Skier that is really helpful!

7 hours ago, puglady12 said:

Hi Pete,

I am sailing on Seaside twice next year and was wondering about my rooms.  Last year I had an obstructed view and I don't want that again.

I will be in room 9086 and 9088 in March-Are they see thru balconies??

And room 10198 in May

Thanks so much!!

9086/8 look, to me, that they are plexiglass balcony screens

here is where they areSESIDR%209086.jpg

10198 is definitely plexiglass

hope this helps

pete

• Like 1

@Skier52

Pete

This is quite a thread and lovely of you to be of such service. I searched the thread several times and don't see this--as o not be a repeat question.

Have booked 15024 for B2B on Merviglia. New to this ship. 

Did we choose ok or should we move? Any overhang issues? Noise from the hall? We tried to decipher the plans and what may be crew space/crew storage/closets that would be noisy.

Thank you for your opinion/information

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@Skier52

Pete

This is quite a thread and lovely of you to be of such service. I searched the thread several times and don't see this--as o not be a repeat question.

Have booked 15024 for B2B on Merviglia. New to this ship. 

Did we choose ok or should we move? Any overhang issues? Noise from the hall? We tried to decipher the plans and what may be crew space/crew storage/closets that would be noisy.

Thank you for your opinion/information

1}There are no overhang issues with this cabin.

2) As the cabin is adjacent to the lift lobby for the YC it could be an area with slightly elevated noise issues as compared to the rest of the YC. however the YC is very quiet in its own right, as guest seems to cherish the tranquillity and respect that others do so as well.( That is my experience of the YC on European  cruises) 

3) As with all deck plans "White Spaces" are a mystery unless you have first hand knowledge. When I was in the YC on Merviglia I was not aware of any White Space noise.

I would say that there may be a small reason to move; see 1),  but only if you really think that approximately 30 other guests moving past your cabin, (which I suspect you will only occupy for 25 - 35 % of the day), would be a problem for you, bearing in mind that most cabins will have some guests walking past,.

Other than that enjoy the cruise, if you want to read my review of a cruise in the YC of Meraviglia you can follow the link below

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, puglady12 said:

I will be in room 9086 and 9088 in March-Are they see thru balconies?

I just wanted to add that Seaside deck plans show which balconies are enclosed hull type or otherwise obstructed by their shading on the plans.  Also note that those two connecting cabins are directly above the frequently used smoking area on the promenade right outside the Seaside lounge, formerly the News Cafe.