Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hey pete im on seaview in just over 6 weeks for a b2b and we have cabins 10042,44,46 anything i should know or any info and pics. Thanks martin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the images I can see it looks to be fine, I presume you have a set of "family cabins"

I'm on her in 13 days time so I'll see what info I can find out for you.

Pete

Pete,

I'm so glad I found this thread, you are a wealth of information! We are doing our first cruise on the MSC Divina in January, and are in Stateroom 8901. Can you give me an idea of what to expect? We have cruised numerous times, never on MSC.

Pete,

I'm so glad I found this thread, you are a wealth of information! We are doing our first cruise on the MSC Divina in January, and are in Stateroom 8901. Can you give me an idea of what to expect? We have cruised numerous times, never on MSC.

I presume that is a typo as 8901 doesn't exist. that would be cabin 901 on deck 8.

you'd need a ship about 2 miles long to get that many cabins on one deck :D

let me have the correct number please

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I just booked for a cruise on the MSC Poesia. Our first balcony room. We have room 10142, any info?. I am traveling with a 2 year old. Thanks so much. This will be our 1st cruise on MSC.

You have a cabin in a fabulous location on the corner of the hump. though it is not marked as a 3/4 berth, so I wonder what you will have for your 2 yr old to sleep on.

is a standard balcony cabin so should be 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

It is very close to the central bank of lifts so getting around the ship should be easy, this does carry the risk of noise from inconsiderate guest

So, as long as the sleeping arrangements for your daughter are satisfactory you have one of the best Fantastica balcony cabins there is IMHO

Pete

You have a cabin in a fabulous location on the corner of the hump. though it is not marked as a 3/4 berth, so I wonder what you will have for your 2 yr old to sleep on.

is a standard balcony cabin so should be 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

It is very close to the central bank of lifts so getting around the ship should be easy, this does carry the risk of noise from inconsiderate guest

So, as long as the sleeping arrangements for your daughter are satisfactory you have one of the best Fantastica balcony cabins there is IMHO

Pete

Cruisedeckplans has this cabin marked as 'single sofabed'. EM

How can you tell if a cabin has a shower or a tub? We recently booked the Meraviglia cabin 14069. Nothing indicated on the deck plan. When we got our confirmation it says we have a "bathtube". I don't want that if it reduces the size of the bedroom part of the cabin. Also, does it mean no couch? Thanks

You have a cabin on one of my favourite places to be on a ship, (ours too)The Stern, in what I would call an "Aft Balcony Cabin".

These cabins often have much larger balconies than a standard balcony cabin.

I've included a view of your cabin, circled in red, and it can clearly been seen that the balcony is bigger than the others on the stern. I've marked the length of the partition walls on the left of the image for you.

This is backed up by looking at the deck plans, which are usually fairly accurate when it comes to scale, in that they have drawn the balconies as larger than the others.

I would be delighted with the location you have.

magnifica%20aft%20balcony.jpg

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm so glad I found this thread, you are a wealth of information and your information regarding a previous question has just got me very excited about my cruise yet again! We are sailing on the MSC Magnifica in September, we are in Stateroom 10236. Any chance of sq footage please? We have cruised numerous times, but so far we are MSC virgins?

Sue :ship:

Hi Pete,

I'm so glad I found this thread, you are a wealth of information and your information regarding a previous question has just got me very excited about my cruise yet again! We are sailing on the MSC Magnifica in September, we are in Stateroom 10236. Any chance of sq footage please? We have cruised numerous times, but so far we are MSC virgins?

Sue :ship:

My info puts the cabin at 195 sq. ft. I guess the bathroom is 24 - 30 sq ft

leaving 165 to 171 sq ft for living area

the balcony will be significantly bigger than standard

I am booked into 10247 for the repo from UK to Genoa, so I'll be interested to hear what you think of your cabin as mine will be exactly the same.

Pete

My info puts the cabin at 195 sq. ft. I guess the bathroom is 24 - 30 sq ft

leaving 165 to 171 sq ft for living area

the balcony will be significantly bigger than standard

I am booked into 10247 for the repo from UK to Genoa, so I'll be interested to hear what you think of your cabin as mine will be exactly the same.

Pete

Pete I will gladly share pictures and info of the cabin with you :) Originally we too were booked on the repo but I just dont want to fly so changed it to Southampton-Southampton. I can never put them on here as they are always too big but will see what I can do with my phone instead of camera :o

How can you tell if a cabin has a shower or a tub? We recently booked the Meraviglia cabin 14069. Nothing indicated on the deck plan. When we got our confirmation it says we have a "bathtube". I don't want that if it reduces the size of the bedroom part of the cabin. Also, does it mean no couch? Thanks

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

The size of the bathroom is increased from 24 sq ft . to 33 sq ft.

there is no way to tell if a cabin has a bathroom unless you have access to the TA list of cabin dimensions or you find a post from someone who has had that cabin before and been given the dimensions in their booking

Pete

The size of the bathroom is increased from 24 sq ft . to 33 sq ft.

there is no way to tell if a cabin has a bathroom unless you have access to the TA list of cabin dimensions or you find a post from someone who has had that cabin before and been given the dimensions in their booking

Pete

Ok. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Pete, we just booked MSC Meraviglia YC1. Cabin 15004. How is the view from the balcony. wondering if it is obstructed? Thank you so much .

The view looks as though you have a metal windshield as the lower part of the balcony surround. (possibly glass for the upper part. the royal suites on the corners definitely have a glass upper screen

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Meraviglia/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx

have a look at the virtual 360 degree on the above link )

Quite how that affects the view I'm not sure, but I have read that it makes the balcony more usable than the equivalent balconies on Fantasia class ships, in that it reduces the wind blowing onto the balcony when cruising.

I have no first hand knowledge of that fact so I'm not in a position to state is true.

here is an external view with the area where you balcony is highlighted.

you can judge for yourself how the view may be affected in comparison to the side facing balconies.

i'm sorry I can't be more specific in my answer

1504%20meraviglia.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Skier 52,

I am going on the Seaside on October 13th. Curious if you would have any info or photos for stateroom# 14219.

Thanks for any knowledge you may be able to share.

Unfortunately I'm not acquainted with Seaside so am unable to help with your question

We are going on the Preziosa cabin 11303, I know it's on the stern and has a deep balcony any further info would be welcome.

A very informative and interesting thread.

Thank you.

As Preziosa is a twin with Divina I will post a picture of a deck 11 balcony on Divina and assume that yours will be similar

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

the cabin will be 192 sq. ft (168 living area; 24 bath room)

balcony 96 sq. ft.

Pete

Its MSC MERAVIGLIA cabin 16014 YC

I have spent too much time on her, thought she was the only one!

Thanks again.

My best answer is to give you a link to my review of my cruise on her in a cabin the same as yours.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Hope this gives you an insight to the YC on Meraviglia

pete

ps

i'l try to sort out picture of the position of your cabin tomorrow for you

• Thanks 1