What is the best entertainment you have seen on any cruise?

pcsunlover

We are currently booked on the Caribbean Princess this March. It will be our 8th Princess cruise. Although we love Princess during the day, for the past couple of cruises we have found ourselves feeling less than enthusiastic about the entertainment at night (with the exception of Ye Olde Pub Night and the Beatlemaniacs on our Royal cruise). I realize that entertainment is subjective, but I am going to have a hard time convincing my husband to book another cruise on Princess unless something changes. Maybe it's partially our fault for sticking with one cruiseline for so long, but I think after 8 years (of our cruising with them) Princess could start to think outside of the box a little and come up with something other than the same old entertainment menu of production show, comedian, or magician.

The entertainment that is most memorable to me was on our very first cruise which was in 2006 with Royal Caribbean on the Radiance of the Seas. One night in the theater they had an act with the most unique entertainers we have ever seen. They were gauchos using whips, lassos and boleadoros in an act that was exciting and almost dangerous, yet very humorous at times. We walked out of the theater thinking "wow!" there's something you don't see often, if ever!

So I'm curious, what is the most memorable entertainment you have seen onboard one of your cruises, whether it was with Princess or not?

Try the MSC Divina there entertainment is best at sea.

I have been on 10 Princess cruises and I love Princess for many things - but entertainment is not one of them. I cancelled two cruises with Princess because I found out the entertainment was THE EXACT entertainment I had already seen on two other cruises. When I contacted Princess about it they said they had never heard that complaint before. I told them that wasn't true because I had made that complaint twice before. Just returned from the Royal Princess in December. Entertainment was adequate - nothing to encourage me to come back.

We'll be also on the Caribbean Princess on 3/14.

A few shows were very memorable were on the Crown Princess in 2009, in the Piazza during the day they had a New York-based a cappella doo-wop group Spank. They were so great, we left the sunshine and pool to listen to them.

On our very first cruise ever, on the old Carnival Festivale out of San Juan, on March 21, 1989 we sat in the front row and saw and heard Duke Daniels. Yep, from the Platters and he sang When Smoke Gets in Your Eyes and it was incredible!.

Other notables were the Osmon Brothers on a RCL cruise and a vocal instrumental group called Force Five, who were on the Mariner of the Seas out of Galveston in February 2012.

Other notables would include Uber Rossi, who is currently on the Grand.

Great memories.

According to recent Platter he is on the Crown now. I look forward to seeing him next month.

I have been on 10 Princess cruises and I love Princess for many things - but entertainment is not one of them. I cancelled two cruises with Princess because I found out the entertainment was THE EXACT entertainment I had already seen on two other cruises. When I contacted Princess about it they said they had never heard that complaint before. I told them that wasn't true because I had made that complaint twice before. Just returned from the Royal Princess in December. Entertainment was adequate - nothing to encourage me to come back.

I make a detailed comment after each of our cruises about my feelings regarding the entertainment on the survey they send via email. My husband does the same. I also make a point to mention it when I do a review on Cruise Critic. Unless the person had just started working for Princess the day you called, I find it hard to believe they had never heard that complaint before. :mad:

I have always found Bert Stratton entertaining. He is a pianist/singer/entertainer that used to entertain in a piano bar on the Caribbean Princess. Saw him several times and he always drew large crowds with standing room only. No idea where he is now.

On the Regal we really enjoyed the production show " Fiera". It was in our opinion very well done, very professional.

On the Emerald we really liked a juggling act called Rootberry. They were very talented and very funny.

On the Grand Princess we saw a great production show called "The British Invasion" that was really good.

On the Nieuw Amsterdam we loved the show by "Recycled Percussion" - as we entered the main theatre everyone was given a wooden drumstick and something to bang on. I got a metal catfood bowl, my DH some sort of metal machine piece. We all got to drum along with the performers. Very interactive and lots of fun.

Overall, we have enjoyed most of the entertainment on board.

I have always found Bert Stratton entertaining. He is a pianist/singer/entertainer that used to entertain in a piano bar on the Caribbean Princess. Saw him several times and he always drew large crowds with standing room only. No idea where he is now.

He was on our most recent Caribbean Princess cruise in December. But, they had him in a very small open venue right off the piazza - Crooner's maybe? - I'm not sure. There wasn't any where to sit and if we stood outside the area, we were blocking the path of people walking to the piazza. I don't know why they didn't have him in Explorers to enable more people to enjoy his show. I would have loved to listen to him, but was not going to stand the whole time dodging people trying to walk by.

The Aqua Show on Allure is the best "show" at sea I've witnessed. i also love their Ice Shows and most production shows. I wish Princess would elevate the caliber of entertainment (and venues) on their ships. I can't say I've seen any show or other entertainer on a Princess ship that I would put in my top 10.

I still love to cruise Princess, but not for their entertainment.

Beatlemanics! We have seen their show on a couple of ships. They are a lookalike, soundalike cover band act. They play all the Beatles' songs and are just great. On the Royal, they did a late night show in the piazza that had everyone up dancing...and singing. I would love to see them again.

Best entertainment we've experienced on our Princess cruises was the Beatlemaniacs. Not only were they a great stage show in the Princess Theater but they also performed, and encouraged dancing, in Club Fusion. (Can't remember whether this was on Crown Princess or Emerald...)

Their sound was amazing, their looks emulated the Beatles, and the variety of familiar songs was great. They encouraged audience participation - and for us the dancing to their music was fantastic.

I sure wish they could move around the fleet a little more and not be confined to the mega ships.

Edited by Times Prince

On Holland America - we had Joel Mason, an Elton John impersonator. Best cruise ship entertainer, EVER. On that same cruise, we also had an Olympic Gymnast and a Comedian. The 3 did some acts together (maybe the last night) and seemed to have a great chemistry. That was the best group of entertainers combined on a ship. I enjoyed every show on that cruise.

A.J. Clarke, a pianist and vocalist, was on the Island in November and he was awesome! Took requests from the audience and could play and sing ANYTHING. He was amazing. My entire family enjoyed him every single night of the cruise. What an amazingly talented man!

He was also approachable and loved to engage in conversation around the pool, at the bar or in the HC.

My standout entertainers were not on Princess, they were:

Dale Christian on a Celebrity Panama Canal crossing. She was Christine from Phantom of the Opera opposite Michael Crawford for 4 years.

Jason Graae on a Disney Panama Canal crossing. He also was a Broadway performer and did a highly entertaining show. Amazing voice and so funny.

Aargghh! How have I not seen any of these great entertainers? Come on Princess, show my cruise on the CB in March a little love! I would love to write a glowing review of the entertainment and have my husband tell me to go book that cruise on the Regal I'm dying to take. :)

I heard he was on and googles him. He is funny and I look forward to seeing him. On his videos he starts very slow, but is very funny.

Did you have Uber Rossi on. He is an accrobat comedian and is suppose to be on the Crown. His stuff on the net looks different and funny.

Yeah..Uber is there also. We saw him a couple times. He is a great acrobat, full of energy and very talented. Just ok in my opinion. We had seen him on other ships before...so maybe because it was a repeat for us....