Platinum rewards

mrobstad

I'm going to be platinum on my next cruise! What benefit(s) do you enjoy most?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I tend to go on lengthy B2B2B trips.

By far the biggest benefit to us is the free laundry that we take advantage of every 3 days or so. It keeps the amount of clothes we need to pack to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
Laundry sounds great, but I already purchased the UDP....but I'll be happy if I get wine at LR bistro!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We also have the UDP, but could we invite guests to join us and use our Platinum dinner vouchers?

My wife and I tend to go on lengthy B2B2B trips.

By far the biggest benefit to us is the free laundry that we take advantage of every 3 days or so. It keeps the amount of clothes we need to pack to a minimum.

How did you use the perk every three days or so? Were the individual segments just a week long? The laundry voucher is one per cruise, not one per week. Our last b2b was 26 days: twelve days, followed by 16 days. Husband and I each got a voucher for each segment. We were fine first segment but second segment we needed to send an additional bag to laundry. Even though we wrote Platinum on the bag we were still charged for it because we had each already used our laundry bag special for that 16 day segment.

We talked to front desk and to onboard Latitudes consultant who pointed out that the perk is one laundry bag special per cruise - even if cruise is 16 days long.

How did you use the perk every three days or so? Were the individual segments just a week long? The laundry voucher is one per cruise, not one per week. Our last b2b was 26 days: twelve days, followed by 16 days. Husband and I each got a voucher for each segment. We were fine first segment but second segment we needed to send an additional bag to laundry. Even though we wrote Platinum on the bag we were still charged for it because we had each already used our laundry bag special for that 16 day segment.

We talked to front desk and to onboard Latitudes consultant who pointed out that the perk is one laundry bag special per cruise - even if cruise is 16 days long.

Was on a b2b cruise 14 days and 14 days. We were given 1 bag each since we're both platinum for the first 14 days and another bag each for the next 14 days. That totaled 4 bags for 28 days. We both put our laundry into one bag the first week, we both put our laundry into the 2nd bag the 2nd week, etc. etc. So, each week we had a clean batch of clothes returned to us.

Every 3 days....not sure about that! LOL

Harriet

Was on a b2b cruise 14 days and 14 days. We were given 1 bag each since we're both platinum for the first 14 days and another bag each for the next 14 days. That totaled 4 bags for 28 days. We both put our laundry into one bag the first week, we both put our laundry into the 2nd bag the 2nd week, etc. etc. So, each week we had a clean batch of clothes returned to us.

Every 3 days....not sure about that! LOL

Harriet

That's what we did -- 4 bags for 28 days. But because we needed clothes clean for post-cruise, we needed one more bag done. That one got charged.

The only way someone could do the bag every 3 days on b2b's would be if the segments were shorter ones.

That's what we did -- 4 bags for 28 days. But because we needed clothes clean for post-cruise, we needed one more bag done. That one got charged.

The only way someone could do the bag every 3 days on b2b's would be if the segments were shorter ones.

Or they had 3 or more Platinum members staying in their cabin.

Harriet

I'm going to be platinum on my next cruise! What benefit(s) do you enjoy most?

The meal in Le Bistro or wherever. BTW, you will also get a bottle of bubbly in your cabin. You can exchange it for regular wine. Either ask your cabin steward, take it to a bar or the reception desk. Each ship seems to work differently.

I saw a chart that makes it look like u only get 25% off laundry, yet my PCC said it was free.

It is free, one bag per cruise and well worth it on a longer than 1 week cruise. Even worth it on a 7 day cruise. You would be surprised how much you can get into one of those laundry bags.

We also have the UDP, but could we invite guests to join us and use our Platinum dinner vouchers?

Usually they deduct $20.00 from Platinum members when they purchase the UDP but with this new 'free' promo I'm not sure how they handle it. Will you even get the Platinum dinner voucher? If you do, I'd check with the restaurant as I *think* they'd let you use it on two guests you bring to dinner with you. If not, at least the bottle of wine you can use.

Harriet

Usually they deduct $20.00 from Platinum members when they purchase the UDP but with this new 'free' promo I'm not sure how they handle it.

Since the customer doesn't pay anything, there is nothing to handle. The price reduction with regular UDP is so that the existence of the voucher is offset because Platinum guest can use the voucher on one dinner instead of benefiting from UDP.

Will you even get the Platinum dinner voucher? If you do, I'd check with the restaurant as I *think* they'd let you use it on two guests you bring to dinner with you. If not, at least the bottle of wine you can use.

Yes, you wil get the voucher regardless of existence of the UDP and/or how it's obtained.

And yes, you can take at least one other passenger to dinner as your guest and pay also their dinner with the voucher - I'd assume that the waiting staff wouldn't care who uses the voucher, at least they have been pretty indifferent about them whe we have used those with guests (albeit before UDP existed).

Edited by Demonyte

• 1 month later...

Platinum virgin here, looking forward to our first experience as Platinums. I thought I read previously that rather than once per cruise as stated herein, that a platinum was allowed free laundry whenever the stuff the bag special happened. Based on Mary Kay (and her Joe)'s experience, it sounds like on our upcoming 19 day cruise that DH and I will each just get one free bag?:eek: that means packing much more than I had hoped. :mad:

Platinum virgin here, looking forward to our first experience as Platinums. I thought I read previously that rather than once per cruise as stated herein, that a platinum was allowed free laundry whenever the stuff the bag special happened. Based on Mary Kay (and her Joe)'s experience, it sounds like on our upcoming 19 day cruise that DH and I will each just get one free bag?:eek: that means packing much more than I had hoped. :mad:

Hi, Clay. Congrats on reaching platinum status. With all your cruises I would have thought you would have reached it before now. Our favorite perk is the free dinners in Le Bistro. Looking forward to them next month.

Regarding the laundry perk -- yep, sadly it is one per latitude member per cruise, not per week. The list of Latitude perks also says once per cruise.

It can be done any of the days, not just the 'special' day. Just write Platinum on the stuffed laundry bag for the special price, using your name once and Mike's name the second time. Rather than pack more you might just opt to pay for a third bag toward the end of the cruise. You might get it for free if you write Platinum on it, but you also might get a charge on your credit card later after your cruise as we did.

Since your cruise is 19 days rather than the 12 and 16 that ours were, maybe there will be an exception?

Happy cruising. I know you'll have a great time. Are you taking the free 'behind the scenes' tour for Platinum members. I really enjoyed it. Lots of walking though.

Edited by NMLady

I've got 21 days upcoming.

Last time I had this many days, it was booked as 3 separate cruises, so I got 3 bags of laundry over 24 days. It was quite helpful

I'm bummed I will only get 1 bag for 21 days this time around on my Pearl Panama Canal/Pacific Coast cruise.

And I will say, the absolute worst thing is I travel with my son who is under 18, so even though he would have 200 points if he were 18 and would get ALL the Platinum perks, I as his mother, who has paid for every one of his cruises, 80% of those cruises at the Full 2nd person rate (not a 3rd or 4th) Gets NOTHING.

I love NCL, but I absolutely hate that we are penalized in the latitudes program because my son is not 18. Yes, he will supposedly benefit when he turns 18 by getting Platinum Status, but I'm the one who paid for it now and who knows really what the program will be like in another 6 years.

OK, Vent over. I do make a comment about this on every post cruise survey I complete.

Ever wonder what the minimum trips/voyages it would take for you to make Platinum ?

ONE !

Book a trip of more than 19 days = 1 Rewards point for each night.

Book more than 9 months out for an additional point for each night.

Book a Suite or better accommodation for 1 point each night.

Finally book a Latitudes Rewards INSIDER OFFER for 1 point each night.

The result is 19 + 19 + 19 + 19 = 76 points the threshold for the Platinum level.

I did mine in 3 trips the first was 7 nights = 7

- the second (PC Canal) 14 nights suite 9 months out = 56

- the third 7 nights suite w/Latitudes Offer = 21

Total to date 84 - now let the laundry and clean fun begin !