P&O Britannia - named by the Queen?

grantthomas

I notice that on Royal.gov.uk web site The Queen is listed as being in Hampshire on 10th March:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

Now that is the same day that P&O Britannia is being launched in Southampton? Coincidence or could our Majesty really be naming P&O's biggest, new ship?

Bet she will enjoy that - not! After her dear little Britannia was taken away and now they put the name on a monster!

It's a very nice monster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have tried them all in the present fleet plus Artemis. We will try Britannia in the future but Azura is probably a tad too large for our taste so Britannia may be a step too far but still worth trying it out. Not sure when yet probably now 2016 as fully booked for this year.

Sue

Well, the ship has already been likened to Butlin's at Sea, so I suppose the next step down is a floating brothel! ;)

The "traditional die hard" P&Oers moaned all through Arcadia maiden cruise that they didnt like her then they moaned about Ventura and Azura saying they were too big, like a block of flats and butlins at sea and guess what they now say Britannia is too big, like a block of flats and butlins at sea. I think its about time they all disappeasred into the sunset and take their moaning to Saga cruises its getting boring and they are boring unless they are talking about good old Canberra where they had to share bathrooms and go down corridors in the night to go to the toilet but she was wonderful. If they said they were bringing out a new ship where you have to share bathrooms guess what they would "moan".

The "traditional die hard" P&Oers moaned all through Arcadia maiden cruise that they didnt like her then they moaned about Ventura and Azura saying they were too big, like a block of flats and butlins at sea and guess what they now say Britannia is too big, like a block of flats and butlins at sea. I think its about time they all disappeasred into the sunset and take their moaning to Saga cruises its getting boring and they are boring unless they are talking about good old Canberra where they had to share bathrooms and go down corridors in the night to go to the toilet but she was wonderful. If they said they were bringing out a new ship where you have to share bathrooms guess what they would "moan".

I couldn't have put it better myself. All this negativity about a ship no passenger has yet set foot on.

My first ever cruise was on Canberra in the early 1990s, shortly before she was retired. Don't recall having to share a bathroom or walk down the corridor (in fact I'm sure we didn't and we were just in an ordinary inside cabin). We had a fabulous time and that's what gave us the cruising bug. Followed that with a cruise on Sea Princess. Have since been on Voyager of the Seas, Aurora and Azura and am booked on Britannia for Christmas/New Year. It's horses for courses... Itinerary and cost and, at this stage, family orientation, are more important to us than size, although I'm not sure I'd like the mega ship (Quantum?). I think technically I'm old enough for Saga, but maybe I'll leave that to the moaners! :D

I wonder why it is that I often get criticised because I never moan about P&O. I go on all the ships and I am booked on Britannia for a back to back for 28 nights. From what I have seen I think she looks great. I love the new interior look.

So some people don't like those who moan and those who don't. Or is it just anything to do with P&O. One wonders why they then post on here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We tried Azura knowing that she would probably be too big. We had a good cruise, because we wouldn't let little things spoil it. For us, it was very noisy, loud music playing and the seascreen was so loud that you simply couldn't sit there. I wondered at the time, why they didn't use wireless headsets for those that wanted to see the film. You couldn't sit in the library/computer room for the noise outside in the Atrium where they had dance classes. However, the ship was very new and our cabin was excellent, so was the food. We thought the Prom Deck very narrow compared to other ships, so just didn't like her and wouldn't go back. We just like smaller more traditional ships.

Oh and for those that go on about Oriana's plumbing, the public toilets on Azura were out of order every day, but they've probably fixed them by now :-)

Edited by jeanlyon