Can you bring a large container of Coffee creamer aboard?

summer slope

I like flavored creamer (and flavored coffee), too, though have never thought of bringing it on board. It is nothing HAL sells, so I can't imagine why they would object. What you can or cannot bring on depends on whether HAL is losing revenue if you bring your own, so I would think no problem. They might check that it is creamer in the bottle, though, and not alcohol. ;)

Other than weapons, illegal drugs, hazardous materials/explosives, and alcohol, I don't think HAL bans or restricts anything that will fit through a scanning machine. On World and Grand cruises, people have even brought favorite chairs, etc. :D

From Know Before You Go:

Packing Advice: We also suggest that you consider placing

articles in clear plastic bags inside your baggage to minimize

handling by airport security screeners. Pack shoes on top

of other contents in your baggage to expedite the screening

process. Finally, make sure that you label the inside of your

carry-on and checked baggage with your name and contact

information. Bear in mind that the screening process for any

point of embarkation is similar to that at an airport. As such,

all weapons and dangerous devices are prohibited and may

result in denied boarding. For complete, updated information

regarding travel, please check the official website of the

Transportation Security Administration at tsa.gov.

Edited by catl331

I brought the individual liquid creamers on board the Maasdam in Dec. in my carry on. No questions were asked and they were easy to carry to meals. No refrigeration was needed. I did get them in French Vanilla but they were not fat free. You can find 24 pks. in the powered creamer section of your local grocery store

I don't know where you are staying in Ft Lauderdale -- but you mentioned buying it on the way to the ship.

If you are going to the pier by van -- they won't stop anywhere for you to shop.

If you are going by taxi, remember that one of you has to stay in the taxi while the other one goes into the store to shop.

If you are staying anywhere along 17th Street, there is a Publix in the Harbor Shops off 17th Street -- they are on Cordova Drive.

NO, I don't care for the powdered. I like the Sugar Free French Vanilla liquid from Coffee Mate. Would love to have my favorite in my room service coffee.

Hello Dixie - they make this type (SF FV) in the little single serve pods now, so you would not have to bring a giant bottle and they require no cooling. :) Enjoy your travels.

We are staying in FL for several days before the cruise so I'll just buy it on the way to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good thinking as I would doubt you can travel with that on the airlines. You will have no problem bring your creamer on board.

We are staying in FL for several days before the cruise so I'll just buy it on the way to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amazon is selling the Coffee Mate liquid creamers in French Vanilla.. They are 50 for $12.74 including free shipping..Don't know if they are sugar free though..

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Mate-Individual-Nondairy-Creamers-Vanilla/dp/B00006IDJU/ref=pd_sbs_op_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SMDE4Q1G030QWPKTE9A

You could probably put these in a couple of heavy zip lock bags & put them in your checked luggage.. Have no idea if they would be allowed by TSA if you are flying to the port..

Just found one that is sugar free, but a bit more expensive for 50 packets..

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Mate-Creamer-Vanilla-0-375-Ounce-Creamers/dp/B007KI1V80/ref=sr_1_4?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1421960191&sr=1-4&keywords=coffee+mate+sugar+free+french+vanilla&pebp=1421960275072&peasin=B007KI1V80

You can go on Amazon & put in "Sugar free coffee Mate French vanilla" for more places..

Thanks for asking this question..I found regular coffee mate on Amazon..180 for under $15 ..Will order some for our next cruise..

Edited by serendipity1499

I ALWAYS bring my Coffee Mate on board but put it into zip bags inside zip bags to minimize size. I also bring a small Tupperware-like container to bring to the Lido for my morning coffee. and to refill as needed. Have never had a problem with these in checked or shipped luggage but I do use the freezer zip bags and double bag, and they do fit into shoes. Yes, HAL has Coffee Mate packages but not always on hand plus I do blend non-fat and regular Coffee Mate. Even when I was working and traveling many days a month including overseas, I always had my Coffee Mate with me in my carry-on in a zip bag. Never had any issues even when searched by TSA. they would ask but when I explained, they just put the bag into the suitcase and off I went.

I know this is a silly question but I really like my flavored coffee creamer and have searched for an answer. So I'm asking here, is there a problem with bringing a large bottle of coffee creamer onboard with my carry on luggage?

Just make sure that if you are flying in, you do not have it in your airplane carry on luggage. The TSA will assume that it is an explosive and will confiscate it. They will then enjoy it with their coffee.

DON

Just make sure that if you are flying in, you do not have it in your airplane carry on luggage. The TSA will assume that it is an explosive and will confiscate it. They will then enjoy it with their coffee.

DON

hmm - fly frequently and always carry a baggy or plastic container of powdered creamer. Have never had an issue with TSA. Must just be lucky - thankfully.

Edited by take us away

hmm - fly frequently and always carry a baggy or plastic container of powdered creamer. Have never had an issue with TSA. Must just be lucky - thankfully.

Not lucky, you are in compliance.. TSA has always permitted powders... It's the liquid containers of Coffee Mate which TSA might not approve, which are being discussed here..

Not lucky, you are in compliance.. TSA has always permitted powders... It's the liquid containers of Coffee Mate which TSA might not approve, which are being discussed here..

They shouldn't. I am a chemist and I can assure you that I can find stuff that will look just like powered dairy substitute that would do serious harm to an airplane. I could also easily find someone who could construct a detonator that does not look like a detonator that I could put in the "creamer" to set it off. So if it an explosive liquid, it is not OK. If it is an explosive powder, it is OK.

If what you say is true, there is another real serious hole in TSA security.

DON

Edited by donaldsc