Oasis Questions

Hi

I have a few questions about Oasis and I hope you all can help :o Also, if there's a place on here (or on the RCCL site) that has all of this information and more, please let me know.

1 - what, exactly, is Dynamic Dining?

2 - what, exactly, is My Time Dining? If we HAVE to do My Time dining, how far in advance can we book restaurants?

3 - do we need to reserve seats for shows and, if so, which ones? If booking seats is a must, how far in advance can we do that?

3a - along those lines, we have cabins 12311 & 12313, will we be able to watch shows in the Aqua Theater from our balcony or are we too far away?

4 - is it free to ice skate? free to rent skates?

5 - is the zip line free?

6 - do the specialty restaurants have menu's and prices online?

I'm certain I'll have many more questions but I think this is a good start :)

Can help with some questions:

Here is the Dynamic Dining FAQ:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

It is free to ice skate, and they let you use their skates for free. Guest ice skating is only available at certain days/times. See the Cruise Compass.

The zip line is free.

I will chime in on the other topics. ;)

2 - what, exactly, is My Time Dining? If we HAVE to do My Time dining, how far in advance can we book restaurants?

Instead of having fixed time, traditional dining of either 6 P.M. or 8:30 P.M. each night, you are free to dine whenever you want. You may make reservations before your cruise, during your cruise either for the entire cruise or day to day, or you can just walk up to the dining room and ask to be seated, like a land-based restaurant.

3 - do we need to reserve seats for shows and, if so, which ones? If booking seats is a must, how far in advance can we do that?

It is best to reserve shows in advance. Bookings usually open 90-60 days before your cruise. You CAN go "standby", but you can only get in the last 15 minutes before show time, and must sit wherever open seats remain. If you are with a large group, this can be a problem.

Comedy show reservations are a "must". The venue is small and standby seats are harder to come by. But the show is the same show, repeated 15 times during your cruise. But you will love it, particularly your host, Simeon! ;)

By the way, you are not booking "seats", merely admission to the venue. Sit wherever you want.

3a - along those lines, we have cabins 12311 & 12313, will we be able to watch shows in the Aqua Theater from our balcony or are we too far away?

In my opinion, you need to be in the seats in the Aqua Theater to enjoy/appreciate the shows.

6 - do the specialty restaurants have menu's and prices online?

Yes, but RC's website may not be up-to-date. The information is more readily available here on Cruise Critic by a simple search.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

There is a great thread going which will give you lots of the information you are seeking. This is an excellent review (still on-going) of the Allure -- Sister ship to the Oasis.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146596

Enjoy.

Edited by tomko2