C & A Balcony Discount

Gilpet

I apologise for this question because I know I've seen the answer on here before but I've been searching for 20 minutes and can't find anything.

My husband and I are diamond members and will be travelling with our daughter and one of her friends (daughter is platinum). Can we book the cabins for myself and the friend and my husband and our daughter then switch when we get on board,? this will obviously give us the maximum balcony discount. If so, how do we go about switching and what about the cruise cards?

I know our C&A discount isn't combinable with the current UK All Inclusive offer but I'm planning on waiting until that's over in the hope that the prices will drop.

Thanks

Gill

[quote name='Gilpet']I apologise for this question because I know I've seen the answer on here before but I've been searching for 20 minutes and can't find anything.

My husband and I are diamond members and will be travelling with our daughter and one of her friends (daughter is platinum). Can we book the cabins for myself and the friend and my husband and our daughter then switch when we get on board,? this will obviously give us the maximum balcony discount. If so, how do we go about switching and what about the cruise cards?

I know our C&A discount isn't combinable with the current UK All Inclusive offer but I'm planning on waiting until that's over in the hope that the prices will drop.

Thanks

Gill[/quote]
Yes, you can do what you propose to get a balcony discount on each stateroom. It's done all the time, and sometimes suggested by the Royal reps on the phone. Once you get on the ship, just visit Guest Services to get extra keys. Edited by clarea

One thing I'll add is that when we did this about a year ago on Liberty OTS, Guest Services wouldn't/couldn't make the switch until after the ship pulled away from the pier.

Happy cruising!
AT Edited by atgood

• 8 months later...
Can someone help clarify this for me. My husband and I just made Diamond Plus and we booked a cruise with my son and his friend to celebrate my son getting out of the Marines. For the first time ever, we booked my husband in one cabin and me in the other to get the maximum discount. Someone mentioned getting extra keys but that would mean some of us would have to carry two keys. Is there another way to do it so that we don't have to carry two keys, one tied to our credit card and one to get into the correct cabin? Our cruise is only about 6 weeks out and we need to go ahead and do on-line check in. I appreciate any help and more detailed explanation.

[quote name='CruiseLover15']Can someone help clarify this for me. My husband and I just made Diamond Plus and we booked a cruise with my son and his friend to celebrate my son getting out of the Marines. For the first time ever, we booked my husband in one cabin and me in the other to get the maximum discount. Someone mentioned getting extra keys but that would mean some of us would have to carry two keys. Is there another way to do it so that we don't have to carry two keys, one tied to our credit card and one to get into the correct cabin? Our cruise is only about 6 weeks out and we need to go ahead and do on-line check in. I appreciate any help and more detailed explanation.[/quote]
Nothing you can do about it now. Depends on Guest Services on board the ship. I've read that sometimes they can simply re-key your SeaPass card for the stateroom you want, but most of the time it seems they say they cannot (or won't) do that and just give you an extra key to the stateroom you want.

The extra key card is the same size as the SeaPass card. It does not seem like a huge deal to me to have to carry an extra card in order to save several hunded dollars. I'd carry 10 extra cards to save several hundred dollars.:) Edited by clarea

[quote name='clarea']Nothing you can do about it now. Depends on Guest Services on board the ship. I've read that sometimes they can simply re-key your SeaPass card for the stateroom you want, but most of the time it seems they say they cannot (or won't) do that and just give you an extra key to the stateroom you want.

The extra key card is the same size as the SeaPass card. It does not seem like a huge deal to me to have to carry an extra card in order to save several hunded dollars. I'd carry 10 extra cards to save several hundred dollars.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bob. No problem on carrying the extra key, just didn't want anyone to use it accidently and cause charges to the wrong account.

[quote name='CruiseLover15']Thanks, Bob. No problem on carrying the extra key, just didn't want anyone to use it accidently and cause charges to the wrong account.[/quote]
The extra card has no charging ability.

[quote name='CruiseLover15']Thanks, Bob. No problem on carrying the extra key, just didn't want anyone to use it accidently and cause charges to the wrong account.[/quote

My sister's & I did this on the Brilliance & to make it easier we had guest services punch a hole in the "spare" card...attached the card to a wrist lanyard & we were good to go. Made it easy to pull out the right card for charges & for getting on & off the ship...

[quote name='kc320'][quote name='CruiseLover15']Thanks, Bob. No problem on carrying the extra key, just didn't want anyone to use it accidently and cause charges to the wrong account.[/quote

My sister's & I did this on the Brilliance & to make it easier we had guest services punch a hole in the "spare" card...attached the card to a wrist lanyard & we were good to go. Made it easy to pull out the right card for charges & for getting on & off the ship...[/QUOTE]

Good idea, thanks a bunch Karen.