Ever had a pole in the middle of your interior room?

LovindaBoat

We let carnival pick our cabin, we're such adventurers!

Just saw our assignment; u110 on the paradise.

Looked it up and there's a pole in the middle of the room that the bed backs to, kind of in the center of the room. It actually looks like we may have more space this way.

Has anybody ever had a room like this? I've searched reviews, etc, but I've never seen anything about this......

Experiences in this cabin (or any interior with a pole) pro or con, I'd love to hear. My husband will surely see it as an upgrade and expect me to perform.....jk.

One of our group loves those sideways cabins. There's no hallway so the cabin seems huge.

ETA--- it's the 21 century. You're husband should perform for you. :)

Edited by SadieN

I've booked an obstructed OV on the Triumph before and it had a pole in front of the closet. Well it was a metal box that covered a pole. The cabin was huge and was the same price as an inside. I'd guess it's either a support beam or there may conduit inside.

Looked it up and there's a pole in the middle of the room that the bed backs to, kind of in the center of the room. It actually looks like we may have more space this way.

Has anybody ever had a room like this? I've searched reviews, etc, but I've never seen anything about this......

Experiences in this cabin (or any interior with a pole) pro or con, I'd love to hear. My husband will surely see it as an upgrade and expect me to perform.....jk.

I had a cabin with a pole once. It was one of those odd-shaped cabins. It was an oceanview. The cabin was considered just a standard oceanview cabin but it had lots of extra space in it. By typical oceanview cabin standards, it was huge. I remember it was an aft cabin.

I had a cabin with a column on the Elation. I think it was cabin E228. I booked a guaranteed interior and was booked a class 4D cabin, on Empress deck. It was an interior cabin with two beds, but because of the location of the column, you could not join the beds together to make a queen. If I wanted to sleep in a single bed, I would have booked a 1A Upper and Lower, which I have done several times before. I was not happy about the cabin assignment I got from Carnival, but it was the (bad) luck of the draw, I guess.

The picture on Carnival's web site shows the column. Two observations: 1) It may be a bit hard to pole dance (the column is square) and 2) as you noted, the column is next to the head of the bed. Hopefully your steward can make modifications that will be satisfactory.

Edited by djacobson