Frontier Airlines to begin Flights to Miami

happyscmom

There have been LOTS of rumblings here about high ticket prices, but I found out today that Frontier Airlines will begin flights to Miami on March 6. I just booked a round trip ticket from Atlanta to Miami for $118/person! That's a pretty amazing deal. I've been looking and looking for tickets, so this is an AWESOME thing to find.

Just keep in mind that Frontier is now an ULTRA low cost carrier (ULCC). Bag fees are normal amongst most airlines in the US these days, which Frontier does have, but they also have CARRY on bag fees, which are rare. Just make sure you factor that cost in when you're actually booking.

Also, drinks cost. Even non-alcoholic. I believe $2 for a soda/juice/tea.

I used to really like Frontier, but not as much these days.

Edited by Zach1213

Slow clap

Carry on are $20 (Discount Den Member Price) all the way to $60 at the gate In economy. For Classic Plus/or fully refundable fare its free to $35 at the gate.

One free personal item not exceed 18" x 14" x 8" in

Seat selection ranges from $3 to $15 on Standard Fare none on Classic or refundable. The have STRETCH, SELECT, and STANDARD seating at $3/$5/$15/

Standard and Select are 31" Pitch just Select is in front of the plane.

Stretch is minimum of 36" pitch, and/or first row exit and zone 1 boarding.

No fee for lav yet!

FWIW

Just keep in mind that Frontier is now an ULTRA low cost carrier (ULCC). Bag fees are normal amongst most airlines in the US these days, which Frontier does have, but they also have CARRY on bag fees, which are rare. Just make sure you factor that cost in when you're actually booking.

Also, drinks cost. Even non-alcoholic. I believe $2 for a soda/juice/tea.

I used to really like Frontier, but not as much these days.

I get this, but the next closest price was $272 a ticket for times that didn't work and $315 for times that did. This was $118. Those airlines still charge baggage. The baggage cost for Frontier is $25/bag in advance. As quoted, carry on is more. But, bags that fit under the seat are free (like my purse). We will each pack a suitcase, and won't have a carry on. So, that is still just $143 each. Still cheap. I could have paid $5 more to sit together, but I didn't. I always fall asleep anyway. It might be ultra low cost, but it is less than half the cost of US Air or Delta, so it's worth it too me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't believe that anyone is criticizing your purchase from Frontier. Rather, it's a matter of making sure that others know just what they would be buying if they followed in your footsteps. If one is aware of what they are getting, and what the restrictions are, go for it.

However, I don't think you would want others to think that the price you paid on Frontier was for the equivalent of a ticket on DL or US.

Another thought is that you can often find introductory pricing, but that may go away fairly soon. Who knows what they will continue to charge in this market.

Used to fly Frontier, no more. If you want to be nickel/dimed to death go for it. Pay for luggage, pay for carryon (!), pay for soda. What's next, a pay toilet? Nope, Southwest has my business now

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get this, but the next closest price was $272 a ticket for times that didn't work and $315 for times that did. This was $118. Those airlines still charge baggage. The baggage cost for Frontier is $25/bag in advance. As quoted, carry on is more. But, bags that fit under the seat are free (like my purse). We will each pack a suitcase, and won't have a carry on. So, that is still just $143 each. Still cheap.

Presumably you are bringing your bags back with you on the return flight as well, and I assume Frontier charges the baggage fee each way, so add another $25. $168/person, not $143. ;)

I get this, but the next closest price was $272 a ticket for times that didn't work and $315 for times that did. This was $118. Those airlines still charge baggage. The baggage cost for Frontier is $25/bag in advance. As quoted, carry on is more. But, bags that fit under the seat are free (like my purse). We will each pack a suitcase, and won't have a carry on. So, that is still just $143 each. Still cheap. I could have paid $5 more to sit together, but I didn't. I always fall asleep anyway. It might be ultra low cost, but it is less than half the cost of US Air or Delta, so it's worth it too me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. I'm just pointing out for other viewers - it is critical to do your math and calculate everything. Not just the base fare.