Price drops how do they work?

NOSaints1

We booked an A2 on the Soltice in Sept 2016 at 1979 pp and it's down to 1749 we booked under the 123 promotion before Xmas and they said it's still 1979 pp but on the screen it says 1749?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call Celebrity if you booked directly or your travel agent for the price drops

Chris

The price drops are a challenge for anyone. It is possible that the lower price does not include the promotion. I know depending on the category you are pricing may have a OBC or may not. Also the price drop must be before final payment is made which yours is. I would call Celebrity or your TA. You will enjoy Celebrity.

After final payment, if there are price drops in the category you are booked, there is nothing you can do. If the price has dropped in a category higher than you booked, and you wish to upgrade, you can do so provided the higher category is at least $1 or more higher than the price you paid for your cabin. However if the new price is part of a special sale or promotion or is for new bookings only then you won't be able to take advantage of the price drop. And sometimes even if you are eligible to take advantage of the price drop any promotion you booked under may be forfeit.

Best advice I have is never check prices after final payment....unless you book inside cabins and want to see about upgrading to a balcony or suite....

What happens if you're after final payment date, which were not but out of curiosity.

You can fill out your cruise documents and get your luggage tags. :)

If the price drops after final payment you can cancel, pay the penalty at that time and rebook if it is feasible. I have heard that some receive the difference in SBC but who knows the real story.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

After final payment, if there are price drops in the category you are booked, there is nothing you can do. If the price has dropped in a category higher than you booked, and you wish to upgrade, you can do so provided the higher category is at least $1 or more higher than the price you paid for your cabin. However if the new price is part of a special sale or promotion or is for new bookings only then you won't be able to take advantage of the price drop. And sometimes even if you are eligible to take advantage of the price drop any promotion you booked under may be forfeit.

Best advice I have is never check prices after final payment....unless you book inside cabins and want to see about upgrading to a balcony or suite....

This just happened to us. We paid more for a better cabin, but we couldn't get the promotions. The advice on not checking after the final payment is good advice. It will just break your heart!

It's been suggested for many years that everyone on your airplane paid a different price for their seat. Welcome to the cruise world where the same applies on board.

Celebrity has so many prices and deals that if you call them directly and speak to two different agents, you probably will get different prices or deals. Travel agents many times understand the options even less. Finally, once you have booked, it's almost impossible to figure out if you are eligible for that different price. Celebrity adds to this confusion by occasionally posting prices on their own web pages that are "travel agent only" prices so you can't price match to them....and the only way to find out the "official" price is to call them and ask...and hope they are giving you the right answer...which is, in my experience, a slim hope.

Don't even get me started on what deals are combinable. Between captain's club upgrades, stockholder benefits, police discounts and of course the 1-2-3 offers, it's worse than a crap shoot....and this topic alone has driven many to drink.

I hope I've cheered you up....your simple question is sadly unanswerable. And BTW, some have received OBC credit when the price drops after final payment; some have been able to book "higher" class cabins after final payment even if the price is lower than what they've paid....there are no rules. The general rule is that if you don't like the first answer you get on the phone, hang up and call back 15 minutes later....there's a good chance you will get a different answer.

Welcome to Celebrity

Edited by ghstudio