iLounge Internet

AntjeG

I will be on the Solstice from Tuesday and already travelling. As things like that always happen when you really do not need them, my tablet computer broke down today. I am no longer able to recharge it. As it is the weekend and a public holiday on Monday there is no chance of a repair before boarding.

Long story short, I can not use it to access internet on board via WIFI.

If I use the ship's computers in the iLounge, will I be able to create a text offline and then log in to the internet to paste it into email or blog? or are the ship's computers only fitted with internet access and no text creator program for offline use?

Will it otherwise be possible to just borrow an iPad from the iLounge? I really don't want to buy a new one.

Thanks.

Unfortunately West Lake Girl is correct.

Don't know how your travel schedule is, but around us in the USA there have been a multitude of shops opening up that do quick repairs to iPhones, iPads and other brands of smart phones and tablets. Most of these can do repairs like battery or screen replacements in about an hour. They have them in kiosks in most major shopping centers as well as many small storefronts.

You might keep an eye out for one of these if you'll have access to a shopping area or some time along your travels on your way to meet the ship.

definitely try a different charger and charging cable if you can find one before the cruise embarks or if an ipad try a new charger and/or cable at the store on-board. The ipad charger would also work with any USB chargeable tablet but you might have to borrow a cable from someone to see if either is the problem. BTW...this is the most likely reason for a sudden failure to charge.

Alternative 2) if you find someone on board using your tablet (or similar) perhaps they would loan you their charger for a few hours.

Alternative 3)Perhaps a bit painfully, you could use your smartphone with a wifi connection to at least read your mail and send short emails.

Alternative 3)Perhaps a bit painfully, you could use your smartphone with a wifi connection to at least read your mail and send short emails.

Depending on the SmartPhone-I use my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for WiFi on the ship without any problems. I do create my Text/Mail and then Sign-on to Ship's WiFi, send my mail, download my mail, then sign-out. Then I read my mail off-line. Save a lot of minutes. Just a suggestion. No longer take my tablet or laptop.