Spot the differences: Vista vs. Breeze Side By Side

Manatee Mom

My DH took a few hours of down time to pull together this helpful comparison video of each deck of the Carnival Vista's deck plans stacked below the Carnival Breeze.

Click the link below.... He left time in between each deck but you can always pause for further difference spotting!

that's pretty neat - that's what i just said in the other thread too lol.

relay my thanks to manatee dad and tell him good job :)

it is pretty neat to see it like that. if he's up to it, it'd be pretty cool to see that in a side by side type comparison in a static (not movie) form too. i think paulmedik did something like that in the past and added his commentary in thread form here on cc.

My DH took a few hours of down time to pull together this helpful comparison video of each deck of the Carnival Vista's deck plans stacked below the Carnival Breeze.

Click the link below.... He left time in between each deck but you can always pause for further difference spotting!

Thanks - as that side-by-side only confirms my thoughts. I was wondering why all the hype over what is essentially another Dream Class ship. Man, I really wish Carnival would imagine and build something different. :(

Thank him for doing that, very interesting!!! :):)

Thanks - as that side-by-side only confirms my thoughts. I was wondering why all the hype over what is essentially another Dream Class ship. Man, I really wish Carnival would imagine and build something different. :(

I agree 100%! This excellent side-by-side deck plan comparison really shows how disappointing VISTA really is. Same old design that actually can trace its roots all the way back to CARNIVAL DESTINY from 1996 … but … with more cabin and more people and less public space than even the BREEZE.

Gone is the lower level of the show lounge and the aft lounge, both replaced with new blocks of cabins. Also gone are the four panoramic elevators and the atrium associated with them. They did add two additional forward elevators but there will still be a net loss of two elevators for even more passengers.

Which each new build Carnival falls further and further behind from the competition who are building state-of-the-art from-scratch new builds. Gone are the days CCL used to be on top and the most innovative. Now they are the leader in one thing only … price. I guess that is fine if you want to be the Walmart of cruise lines where price is the primary driver. I guess someone has to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting - thanks for sharing! Disappointed that the atrium has been lost, it's hard to imagine that first view of the ship without it. I'll reserve judgment though until we sail on her :)

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

• 4 weeks later...

I actually watched the video before I found this post! Great Job! I was suprised at the cutback of public space, smaller pools, and the interior rooms look like they got smaller. No atrium!?? Wow, I'll never forget my first cruise walking into the atrium of the Carnival Legend, wow what a statement. It also looks like the theater isnt as big anymore. It kind of looks like the dining rooms are a little more cramped. I actually liked the look and layout of the Breeze better! IMHO.

From what I recall, I did like the serentiy area on the Vista and the seafood buffet. The Lanai should be fun as well and it looks like there are balconies located on the Lanai at the back of the ship. Interesting concept. Overall Im just not seeing the breakthroughs other ship lines are making to new ships but Carnival is trying to stay focused on its market I suppose.