Question re buying a bottle vs a package for the cabin

1of4

I was looking at buying liquor for the cabin today and noticed that to buy a bottle of gin is more expensive than buying a "package" including a bottle of gin and 3 tonics. The bottle is 1 L so I assume the bottle that is delivered with the tonic as part of the package is smaller. Does anyone know if it is 750 ml?

Can I purchase more cans of tonic from a bar or will they only sell opened cans?

I was looking at buying liquor for the cabin today and noticed that to buy a bottle of gin is more expensive than buying a "package" including a bottle of gin and 3 tonics. The bottle is 1 L so I assume the bottle that is delivered with the tonic as part of the package is smaller. Does anyone know if it is 750 ml?

Can I purchase more cans of tonic from a bar or will they only sell opened cans?

that is strange as normally the bottle is cheaper than the package with the cans. Sorry, I only know of the bottle which we order is 1 litre. I would think they all are but wait for someone more knowledgeable to come on.

maybe the HAL website has a mistake and you can save:p:confused:

You can buy all the cans of tonic water or pop that you want at the bar. They don't open them unless you want them to be. Just tell them you don't want them opened.

I went periodically to refresh and it was a non- issue. Just give them your key/beverage card:D

The bottles are one full liter. You can buy extra cans of tonic or soda at any bar. Just ask for them to be unopened. If you want to save a little money, buy your extra cans at happy hour. The first can will be full price ($1.95) and the second one will be $1. You'll save more than 25%.

We drink Bombay Sapphire with Schweppes tonic but unfortunately we have a lot of difficulty finding that particular brand of tonic anywhere in the U.S. in cans. We can get it in two litre bottles but not cans. When we were in Maui last I found a whole bunch of Schweppes in Foodland and bought it all. The checkout lady said that they couldn't seem to keep it in stock - no sooner was it put out than it was purchased (probably by thirsty Canadians haha). I wonder if anyone in the store thought that perhaps they should order more:confused:. Does anyone know if you can get Schweppes in the bars on HAL? The last time we cruised we had a bottle of Bombay sent to our room not knowing that our daughter had arranged to have one delivered to us as well. To HAL's credit they allowed us to return one bottle and credited our account. It probably helped that we explained that we had met friends on board and spent all our time in the Crow's Nest. Better for HAL that we buy up there than that we sit in our room and drink!

I just opted for the less expensive ($41 vs $47) gin with 3 cans of tonic for our upcoming Rotterdam cruise. My plate is not sensitive to tell the difference.

Dan

This was our choice too.