Southampton Parking?

Tarquin

We have always used CPS but this year we are doing the park and cruise package from the Hilton because we get a night B&B and 15 days parking for less than CPS 14 days parking.

Same for us - but we are staying at the Mecure Dolphin. I nights B &B, parking and transfers to and from the ship for less than the 15 days parking! And no worries about traffic on the day.

To give a bit more info on my earlier post regarding Parking4Cruises.

I've used CPS many times but because they cost so much I took a chance on Parking4Cruises and if anything I find them better. I drop my cases off at the usual place just outside the terminal. But instead of a CPS driver taking my car off me at this point I drive a couple 100 yds to the short stay car park and hand my car in there. On return even with CPS you have to walk to a nearby car park to pick up your keys and your car and that is the same with Parking4Cruises, but the staff are always so much more pleasant and they always put my cases in the car for me which as I am 50 and my mother 76, and we take far too much luggage, is a blessing.

On the last cruise we got to the terminal just before 11am and saw that CPS customers were being directed to a nearby area and a large queue developed because CPS had not yet started taking cars, but I was able to hand my car over and check in and get on with my holiday.

Hi Tarquin.

I have no hesitation in recommending ACP (Alternative Cruise Parking) over at Marchwood. They have secure parking on a hardstanding, very helpful and friendly staff, and competitive prices.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

I have used parking4cruises too and although I thought they were good I had quite a wait in the morning of departure as the staff hadn't turned up at the short stay park. Yes they were quite a bit cheaper than CPS but don't turn up too early.

They inform you to ring them when you are 30 minutes from the port and they then tell you if they are ready to receive your car if you were way to early or didnt ring them as instructed in documents then that is hardly their fault.

Thanks all. Just got an online quote from parking4cruises and £77 as opposed to £57 from cruise and passenger services!?

I just compared my Britannia cruise on 28th March and cruise and passenger services are £157 and parking4cruises are £97. Which is about the price difference I would expect.

They inform you to ring them when you are 30 minutes from the port and they then tell you if they are ready to receive your car if you were way to early or didnt ring them as instructed in documents then that is hardly their fault.

We were only told to phone on return from the ship. I didn't think 11.15 am was too early to arrive.:eek: and by the look of the many cars waiting before us we weren't the first to arrive.

We were only told to phone on return from the ship. I didn't think 11.15 am was too early to arrive.:eek: and by the look of the many cars waiting before us we weren't the first to arrive.

I typically arrive before 11am and they have always been there. I think the documentation says to phone 20 minutes before arrival at the port, but I only did this the first time.

I have booked the Hilton for one night b&b with 15 nights parking. Taxi transfers to and from the port, they say, though in have since heard it may be a coach. Anyway, whatever, it's a decent hotel and we can have a relaxed pre cruise night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by shot2bits

Any quotes I have had it has turned out that parking4cruises are cheaper for the longer cruises but more expensive for short cruises 4 days etc.

That seems to be the case. Its a 3 day price...

To be honest I'm not too bothered about saving a pound here and there but as we may have to travel in 3 vehicles it adds up to a decent bit of on board spend and I'd mistakenly informed other parties that parking was free....oops!

When we have used Parking4cruises the documentation you receive prior to the cruise tells you to ring 30 mins before arrival at port on embarkation and also when you are due to disembark at Southampton.

When we have used Parking4cruises the documentation you receive prior to the cruise tells you to ring 30 mins before arrival at port on embarkation and also when you are due to disembark at Southampton.

Unfortunately we weren't given this information, only the disembarkation info.:confused: