Breeze American Table Menus

moran4carnival

I just saw a post from John Heald saying

"In mid February the Carnival Breeze will change to the exciting American Table menus". We made some changes after listening to you and added more soups, salads and other choices and so I am sure this will be a brilliant change for this ship. And yes, we will have tablecloths.

What does this mean? What is an American Table Menu?

"In mid February the Carnival Breeze will change to the exciting American Table menus". We made some changes after listening to you and added more soups, salads and other choices and so I am sure this will be a brilliant change for this ship. And yes, we will have tablecloths.

Its a new menu they have been testing out on 4 ships... They have been promising a roll out to other ships, but they had some negative feedback on the menus so they have been making adjustments to them. It appears they are now starting the roll out with the breeze.

Aww man! I really wanted to get our cruise in before they changed to this. Can you post where you saw this? Thx.

Not happy about this. I have looked at the menus and I am not a fan. They have also removed our 2 favorite desserts. I don't care for runny brownie mix as my dessert.

You can count on the American Table menus on your already booked Vista cruise. The renderings don't show any tablecloths in Horizons.

I googled and found a menu online and I think it looked great, better than the menu we had on Elation back in December. I wish they were switching to this menu on the Dream by April when we will be on her. As long as they have the melting chocolate cake, I could really care less. I could eat that all day and be satisfied. lol

So we sailed the Liberty just a little over 2 weeks ago, and they had the American Table menus....honestly, from all the other cruises we have taken on Carnival, it looks more to me like it was just a "marketing name change"....because the options that you ca order seem to be the same as our other cruises on Carnival.....just the menus look nicer, and they are arranged slightly different. We did see a lot of the original items on the menu, and a few new items. To be honest, I think everyone has blown this way out of proportion. One other note...I did try one of the new items that is on the menu every day......bacon mac and cheese...I am not a mac and cheese fan, HOWEVER.....the bacon mac and cheese on the American Table menu is REALLY good!!!!! Again, don't worry about it as the food is fine.

Will be on the Breeze In April and was looking forward to having the old menu. Was on the Liberty last year and was not impressed with the new menu. But if they did make changes it might be great. I felt there was not enough to choose from but now with the offerings from the steak house it might be just enough. I guess I will find out in April. Last year on the Liberty there was no offerings from the Steak House that I remember so I am taking this is something new.:confused:

Will be on the Breeze In April and was looking forward to having the old menu. Was on the Liberty last year and was not impressed with the new menu. But if they did make changes it might be great. I felt there was not enough to choose from but now with the offerings from the steak house it might be just enough. I guess I will find out in April. Last year on the Liberty there was no offerings from the Steak House that I remember so I am taking this is something new.:confused:

Upsells at their finest. This is what Carnival wants.

So we sailed the Liberty just a little over 2 weeks ago, and they had the American Table menus....honestly, from all the other cruises we have taken on Carnival, it looks more to me like it was just a "marketing name change"....because the options that you ca order seem to be the same as our other cruises on Carnival.....just the menus look nicer, and they are arranged slightly different. We did see a lot of the original items on the menu, and a few new items. To be honest, I think everyone has blown this way out of proportion. One other note...I did try one of the new items that is on the menu every day......bacon mac and cheese...I am not a mac and cheese fan, HOWEVER.....the bacon mac and cheese on the American Table menu is REALLY good!!!!! Again, don't worry about it as the food is fine.

The bacon macaroni and cheese was featured on both the 2011 menu and the 2011 Post-Shrimpgate menu.

I'm hoping that they rolls this out to the Pride by the time I sail. I could care less about the tableclothes. I'm a klutz who usually comes close to yanking the sucker off the table. :D

I am ready for some new menus though - I'm a little tired of the ones we have had. I hope they did some adjustment on the desserts though. They were VERY nut heavy. And I'm allergic. Other than that, it looks like yummy to me! (I agree that some of it is the same old stuff, but there are some newer options in there).

Not such a great choice. Seems like they are feeding the crew menu to passengers.

How does this work if you sit solo? Just a small order of calamari? I really wouldn't want to share a table with strangers and have a big salad set down or a dish of calamari for everyone to help themselves...

Not such a great choice. Seems like they are feeding the crew menu to passengers.

How does this work if you sit solo? Just a small order of calamari? I really wouldn't want to share a table with strangers and have a big salad set down or a dish of calamari for everyone to help themselves...

You can order anything you want individually. You are not required to share. It is an attempt to cut back on quantity and food waste.

The menus for the crew vary over a 25-30 day period before they repeat themselves. Of course, as there as so many nationalities, certain cultural dishes are served daily with a rice option at each meal.

Everything I liked to eat has been removed. The appetizers and desserts are a joke. Only 3 choices of each. None of them appeal to me. I don't pay thousands of dollars to be forced to pay more to eat decently or to have to eat mediocre buffet food for dinner (and I have never once seen the same food from the MDR served in the buffet as some say they do). May have to take a break from cruising after Vista.

Everything I liked to eat has been removed. The appetizers and desserts are a joke. Only 3 choices of each. None of them appeal to me. I don't pay thousands of dollars to be forced to pay more to eat decently or to have to eat mediocre buffet food for dinner (and I have never once seen the same food from the MDR served in the buffet as some say they do). May have to take a break from cruising after Vista.

You don't need to take a break from cruising. I understand you're disappointed from the new selection. You have every right to be - you're a paying guest looking for an onboard experience you can enjoy. Food, for you and I, is an important factor when selecting a cruise.

By the time you sail on the Vista, that will be six Carnival cruises in a row without any variety or experience on another line. Perhaps you can look at the menus and see what other cruise lines offer then go from there. There are many cruise lines out there and each has their own style. Maybe if you tell us what you're looking for, some members may be able to provide you suggestions as to the cruise line you might enjoy.

For the first time I am now not looking forward to my Breeze cruise in April as much as I was.

No Bitter and Blanc? Well we have the chef's table one night, at least one steakhouse night and at least 1 Cucina night. May have to add some more.

American Table...yuck

Can you pre book cucina?

Sucks! :(

For the first time I am now not looking forward to my Breeze cruise in April as much as I was.

No Bitter and Blanc? Well we have the chef's table one night, at least one steakhouse night and at least 1 Cucina night. May have to add some more.

American Table...yuck

Can you pre book cucina?

Sucks! :(

You can prebook Cucina by reaching out to brsteakhouse@carnival.com or brcucina@carnival.com.

You can try talking to the hostess to see if they can prepare a Bitter and Blanc for you. With notice, they may be able to accommodate your request, even if it isn't served on the menus.

I am excited about the new menus. I've only been on 5 cruises and I was already bored of the old ones. I'm looking forward to some new choices and the port of call related dishes.

Be advised that when Carnival's menus change, the food quality suffers a slower death.

We loved the American Table menu on the Liberty last year. It was only the second week of the new menus and the wait staff did a great job. I loved being able to order things al a cart. Some nights I dont feel like a potato and its a waste to give me one. And I loved being able to choose my sides myself. We also loved the appetizers to share at our table. If your with ppl you dont know you can still order individually or a larger one to share. There was some new desserts too. As long as Im not cooking Im happy. And if its something you dont like you can order something new. I hate hearing all the negative comments about food. Just be grateful your on a cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hate hearing all the negative comments about food. Just be grateful your on a cruise!

Seriously? One should forget they have the right to enjoy the food when paying for a meal simply because they are on a cruise?

You may "hate hearing all the negative comments about food" (your words), but others hate hearing the comments how any faults are to blame on the paying passengers with no consideration that the cruise line has any blame when things go wrong in the cruise line's control. A bad day on a cruise is NOT better than a good day at work. If that was the case, maybe a change in your job description is in order.

Edited by Pixelate