Could I make an onboard booking for someone else?

Iamthesea

I booked for my cousin and her husband while on my cruise last year on Summit. They got all the same benefits as me, including my upgrade (even though they had never sailed on Celebrity before) and the 123 go offer (took beverage package) and $150 on board credit (for booking on board). I paid the deposit for them and they paid me back.

Yes, I've booked for others. It helps to have their birth dates and email address when you book, as those questions will be asked. I was given the paper copy of their booking that showed their deposit, but it would have been exciting for them to receive an email acknowledgement.

I was also able to transfer their booking to my travel agent, so find out ahead of time how they feel about that if you work with a TA.

Yes, I booked for my (not present) parents on Summit last month. They rec'd the on-board booking benefits, but since they didn't have a past guest number they weren't eligible for the free upgrade that I got.

As was mentioned, you'll need to pay a deposit (reduced for being onboard). You also need to book 1 name (and deposit for 1 person) to hold the room and get the benefits - so I only booked my father to a room when I booked onboard. This allowed me to only pay $100 as the deposit on the ship (charged to my credit card as a separate transaction on the day I made the bookings) and that holds the 123Go-AI plus the extra ~$300-ish in OBC for booking onboard.

Have everything I need already in my cruise folder. :D I have the invoice sent to my email when my brother and wife cruise. Then I send a copy to them,. They are not very good with keeping up with paperwork and other trip related things. I do all the work, and they travel with us. They normally book their own hotel rooms on my recommendation. A few years ago, we checked into a hotel in Rome only to find that they did not have a reservation. My SIL never made it! :eek: Luckily, the hotel had a few rooms available.