Infinity - South America pricing help please

Hoopster95

Hello everyone,

I'm really unfamiliar with Celebrity pricing so I hope you can help me with your thoughts please.... Is $3000pp for an oceanview on the 14-day South America "Carnivale" cruise Feb 19,2017 a crazy high price or ok? It qualifies for a Grand Slam deal with prepaid grats, Classic drink package & $75 OBC.

Thank you!

Seems expensive to me, but as it involves the Carnival that's to be expected. I personally would not pay $6000 for an Oceanview for 14 days.

I'd also put money on that one getting chartered at some point........

Look at the prices for the 2016 same cruise you will get a shock!! Our Aqua cabin is selling at $2000 more than what we are paying in 2017. Hope you book and join our Roll Call which is up and going already.😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked an upcoming B2B2B when the itineraries were first released. This set of cruises is comprised of the February 15th Antarctic cruise followed by the Buenos Aires to Valparaiso cruise and then Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale. Until final payment date the prices for our A1 cabin only increased.

we did around the horn Jan 2014. I booked early and paid $2600 pp for a 2A Veranda. Prices went up by more than $1200 pp before the cruise.

I know that the SA cruises are very popular. Celebrity just announced the cruise that included Brazil.

I would opine that if the cruise is during carnivale that prices will be inflated.

We booked the 2017 South America & Carnival at the beginning of this month. Our cabin has increased by $100 pp already and based on what has occurred with the pricing for 2015 & 2016 SA & Carnival cruises I expect they will continue to increase.

Thank you everyone... your answers are what I was afraid of. I know the 2016 sailing is way up in price. You can't compare with The Around the Horn cruises as they are always less expensive. This once time per year Carnival itinerary is totally awesome, and only compares to Oceana & Silversea itineraries... don't wanna spend that kind of money but considered it after looking at this Infinity price point.

So, unless I'm wrong and you come back and post otherwise, you agree that pricing will go upward to what the 2016 price is now for example. Not only that, the Grandslam deal at least helps a bit with grats & Classic drinks help, correct? Have any of you seen this sailing still available after final payment or on the Tuesday sale flyer?

Thx again :D