River cruise insurance

ree168

We are going on the Scenic Gem, Paris Normandy river cruise this June. They are not offering cruise insurance. Since this is an expensive trip we feel that we should have a refund for any reason insurance policy. Would appreciate any suggestions for companies to use.

Would also like to hear any comments on this trip as this is a fairly new ship.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is a section of Cruise Critic devoted to Travel Insurance, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

You will see there many recommendations, including the website insuremytrip dot com, where you can shop a wide variety of policies to see what works best for your situation.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We are going on the Scenic Gem, Paris Normandy river cruise this June. They are not offering cruise insurance. Since this is an expensive trip we feel that we should have a refund for any reason insurance policy. Would appreciate any suggestions for companies to use.

Would also like to hear any comments on this trip as this is a fairly new ship.

Thank you in advance

Along with what Cruise Bruce said

You can look at many website to compare policies

www. tripinsurancestore.com

http://www.insuremytrip.com

and others

A couple of things to note

"Cancel For Any Reason" and coverage for "Pre-Existing Conditions" are considered additional rides or coverages and "Most" policies require these policies to be purchased within 14 days of initial deposits.

Most all "Cancel For Any Reason" policies are only going to reimburse up to 75% of covered amount IF you option the CFAR ( Just don't feel like going anymore). The policy will pay out full 100% if you cancel for a covered reason (those reasons will be in the definitions of the coverage)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is a section of Cruise Critic devoted to Travel Insurance, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

You will see there many recommendations, including the website insuremytrip dot com, where you can shop a wide variety of policies to see what works best for your situation.

You beat me to it.

How much would it cost if you got sick in one of those Countries & had to be hospitalized or had an accident before you left for the cruise??

We were at the hotel ready to head to the airport for our cruise when DH had a gallbladder attack

I am glad I paid for the insurance ..we got back all $15,000.

It is a personal choice if you take insurance or self insure

we got to cruise another time thanks to our insurance

YMMV

Edited by LHT28

How much would it cost if you got sick in one of those Countries & had to be hospitalized or had an accident before you left for the cruise??

We were at the hotel ready to head to the airport for our cruise when DH had a gallbladder attack

I am glad I paid for the insurance ..we got back all $15,000.

It is a personal choice if you take insurance or self insure

we got to cruise another time thanks to our insurance

YMMV

Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As has been mentioned, you really have to look at the cost of medical evacuation from any of the cruises that you are going on. Insurance is priced based on the age of the traveler, what countries are visited, and what type of coverage is obtained.

In order to have all pre-existing conditions waived, the insurance needs to be purchased within 14 -21 days of the initial deposit. Insuring after that will come with exclusions. Maybe look at getting a higher deductible to see if you can drop the premium amount to something that sounds more affordable to you. As has been mentioned, can you afford to lose the cost of the entire vacation if something goes wrong? On my river cruise, a passenger fell getting out of a cab and broke her shoulder. She had hospital bills and then had to upgrade to first class to fly home due to mobility issues. She had insurance.