What proof do you need to have a service dog on Celebrity?

C Cruise Dude

This topic has been "woofed" to death in multiple threads. So let us all agree that Celebrity (and most other lines) will allow any dog onboard if the dog goes "woof woof" and the owner says "please."

Hank

Awful. And I am not referring to your complete absence of punctuation or capitalization.

Which raises an interesting question. What countries laws apply aboard the ship? In some countries, mistreating animals is a crime...in others, you are just playing with your food.

(please remember I am really a dog lover but I have travelled to countries where they have a different view of dogs. I'm asking this question because I actually don't know the answer, be it about dogs or anything else)

Which raises an interesting question. What countries laws apply aboard the ship? In some countries, mistreating animals is a crime...in others, you are just playing with your food.

(please remember I am really a dog lover but I have travelled to countries where they have a different view of dogs. I'm asking this question because I actually don't know the answer, be it about dogs or anything else)

If one reads the contract accompanying the edocs, it defines the "Carrier" as Celebrity in Miami FL, USA. US law applies to embarkation. What the State Rep wants to do is make the false service dog assertion a misdemeanor crime.

I'm just trying to do something about it like contacting the rep and signing the petition as a Floridian.

I agree that we need a better definition of a service dog that should be protected vs pets, etc.

I am still curious about what laws would be in effect on a cruise (on any cruise line) for a cruise that doesn't depart or return to the U.S...and what jurisdiction would prosecute someone.

My guess is the U.S. laws, but that's really a guess. I'm not sure how the U.S. Authorities would even investigate a crime that occurred on a cruise in say Korea.

While a general question, it clearly applies to us Ada laws as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been many conversations about service animals on Celebrity cruises. I found the service animal links for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival, they make for interesting reading. Apparently it does not take much to bring a service dog on cruise.

From Celebrity site:

A service dog is defined as "any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability." Service dogs are not considered pets.

Evidence that a dog is a service dog is helpful, but not required (such as identification cards, other written documentation, presence of harnesses and/or tags or the credible verbal assurance of the person with a disability using the animal).

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-service-animals?subtab=true

Celebrity Link

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=service_animals

Royal Caribbean Link

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/service-dogs.aspx

Carnival Link

Your thoughts.

Oh,not this old chestnut again! It was deleted before. To ALL you "PC" types out there:SERVICE DOGS yes! THERAPY ANIMALS..NO!! End of subject!