Ginger on QE????

bazzaw

My wife gets the "mal de mer" just a little - and finds that christalised ginger smooths her stomach down ( I suspect it to be more mind over matter !! :) ) -- but anyhow - we can remember that at least one of the Cunard ships had a bowl of ginger at the entrance to Britannia Dining Room, but can't remember which ship.

Anybody got better memories than us??

My wife gets the "mal de mer" just a little - and finds that christalised ginger smooths her stomach down ( I suspect it to be more mind over matter !! :) ) -- but anyhow - we can remember that at least one of the Cunard ships had a bowl of ginger at the entrance to Britannia Dining Room, but can't remember which ship.

they all used too., it used to be on a table beside the doors out of the dining room. The last time i sailed it was also on request, or served with the petit fours after dinner........

maybe try asking the head waiter next time, I'm sure they'll rustle you up some ..... can't have her indoors sick, you know what thats like!

regards Roscoe

roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

They had ginger at Brittania exit this Xmas on QE

Hi Bazzaw,

Ha ha -your post has just made us smile !

Aboard QE September 2013 and again on QE September 2014, as you describe, a lovely selection of bowls at the entrance /exit of the Britannia Restaurant, containing pieces of ginger along with mints and chocolates. My husband loves to take a piece of ginger on our way out.

Aboard QV for our New Year 2014 cruise to Amsterdam, my husband was very sad to find no such bowls with ginger, etc.

On the second night he asked - why is there no ginger on offer on this cruise. The Maitre D replied ... Well Sir, we are waiting for you all to settle in and ginger should be available tomorrow night.... :confused:

Edited by Shallwe123

I was going to mention that if there are noro precautions being taken ginger may not be out for you to chose from.
Agreed, that has also been my experience.

Plus, although I'd not thought about it previously, Lanky Lad is correct, the ginger sweets, and the foil-wrapped chocolate discs, don't usually appear for a few days from the start of a crossing or cruise.

:)

I was going to mention that if there are noro precautions being taken ginger may not be out for you to chose from.

Yes, there are always tweezers to pick up the ginger, much easier to use grubby fingers!

David.

I always take along ginger capsules just in case. I have been known to carry a plastic box full of crystallised ginger to keep in my room, but seem to have recovered from the mal de mer and don't worry as much any more. By about my third rocky voyage, I adjusted.