Booking next cruise from ship

Trying to understand if there is a substantial benefit, or any benefit at all, in booking my next cruise while I'm currently on a cruise.

Would appreciate any info!

Will be on Navigator of the Seas in April and wife and I are interested in another cruise but not sure of the best way to book it!

THANK YOU

Sometimes there are very nice perks attached. we booked our Celebrity cruise leaving Sun. while onboard our Royal cruise a year ago. We received $250 OBC for booking onboard. This is not necessarily always the case, but it frequently is. They will transfer the booking to the travel agent of your choice if you wish (no Charge). :)

Sometimes there are very nice perks attached. we booked our Celebrity cruise leaving Sun. while onboard our Royal cruise a year ago. We received $250 OBC for booking onboard. This is not necessarily always the case, but it frequently is. They will transfer the booking to the travel agent of your choice if you wish (no Charge). :)

Thank you Rala for your response! We already have another cruise picked out with Royal Caribbean and are just wondering if we should book it now or wait until we are on the Navigator of the Seas in April. Sounds like you got a good deal by booking on the ship!

We booked a cruise while on board Freedom last year. Even though we have cruised many times before, I found it helpful to sit and look at the deck plans and itineraries and pick the ship and cabin. We wanted three cabins next to each other and I prefer to have cabins above and below me. It was nice to be able to see everything they had available. There was a price reduction a few months later which I was able to apply with no problem. We also received a small on-board credit for each room. I would do this again.

We also booked on board our last cruise and received a $250 OBC but we didn't have a particular cruise picked out. We just checked while on board for the best price on a ship and itinerary we liked. It's always a gamble when you've already picked out your cruise because you can't predict what the price will be by the time you get on board.

The rules and benefits for booking onboard changed last March. Here they are. If you do an open booking the OBC has been greatly reduced

Even though the OBC has been reduced, I still think it's a good deal. I did a "next cruise" on my last cruise and got OBC from a current sale on top of it. In addition, the people I talked with at RC were incredibly helpful in finding me the best fare and cabin that I wanted.

I agree that its a good deal even with the lower on-board credit. The fact that you don't have to put down such a large deposit means you hold on to your money longer.

You get the same lower deposit with more OBC if you book a specfic cruise onboard rather than an open booking...