Rome Hotel Deposits

Joann12

I have been checking hotels in Rome for a stay prior to taking a cruise in September. Does anyone know if you have to pay in full or can you just make a one night deposit? We are staying 4 nights and all the hotels seem to require full payment when making a booking. I know that some are cheaper if paid in full and are non-refundable but I not looking at those.

We usually stay at Marriotts and just give a cc to hold deposit.

Thanks.

That seems strange. Most of the hotels and inns we booked on our previous (land) trip required one night paid as a deposit ahead of time and a few wanted cash for the final payment when we arrived or checked out. (This is typical in Venice.) Rome, actually, was the only hotel in Italy where we paid with credit card either at arrival or checkout.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

The only time I was asked for a deposit or payment in Advance for Italy was when I searched for apartments. I finally booked just hotels rather than the apartments for that reason.

Check out venere dot com as they offer "pay when you stay" option, then also check the hotel website itself. I'm sure you will find a hotel without having to pay in advance.

Have fun planning, then taking your trip!