Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

I would like to know as well.

Anyone have input? Cruise is drawing near!

I am leaving on the Pride 04/15 and have dinner reservations for David's on the second night of my cruise. I emailed the Steakhouse with this question and the manager stated that the wine promo was currently being offered on the Pride. I've learned that Carnival is very hesitant about firmly committing to anything in writing. I printed off the email and placed it in with my cruise docs.

I also printed off Tom's (OP) order, so I can duplicate it :p I am late to the "wine game" and try and order what is recommended by others. I have been very fortunate to have discovered some excellent wines this way. :D

I am leaving on the Pride 04/15 and have dinner reservations for David's on the second night of my cruise. I emailed the Steakhouse with this question and the manager stated that the wine promo was currently being offered on the Pride. I've learned that Carnival is very hesitant about firmly committing to anything in writing. I printed off the email and placed it in with my cruise docs.

I also printed off Tom's (OP) order, so I can duplicate it :p I am late to the "wine game" and try and order what is recommended by others. I have been very fortunate to have discovered some excellent wines this way. :D

You might consider substituting Duckhorn if they have it, in place of either of the last two. Decoy (by Duckhorn) is good as well, but I prefer Duckhorn. :)

Tom

Oh wow!! I'm sailing on the sunshine in August. I've never gone to the steakhouse first night on any ship...but for this promo I'm booking my reservation asap!! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All ships may not allow for unlimited 50% off wine purchased on the first day of cruise when dining in the steakhouse. My experience in the Conquest steakhouse in November was that I could purchase 50% off wine the first night but the wine had to be opened and consumed in the steakhouse. Any unfinished wine I was able to take with me. On the first night in the steakhouse, I was also able to purchase wine at 50% off that could only be served at another night in the steakhouse. They held the wine for me for my second steakhouse reservation for later in the week. They would not hold the wine for the MDR. Still a great deal.

When I received my email confirmation of reservation for the first night, they included a P.S. about the free bottle of house wine or 50% off a bottle on their wine list. So you can always make the reservation and see what they send in response and take that email printout with you.

When I received my email confirmation of reservation for the first night, they included a P.S. about the free bottle of house wine or 50% off a bottle on their wine list. So you can always make the reservation and see what they send in response and take that email printout with you.

I got this same email with my reservation. One thing I noticed it the OR is bolded. So clearly they do not plan on giving you a free bottle and allowing you to purchase a bottle at 50% off. I guess we will have to make a call. I would rather a well priced nice bottle of wine at 50% off than a crappy free bottle.

Received e Mail confirmation of booking Steakhouse in first night on The Vista, with this comment :

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse Embarkation and first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise!

"Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list! "

Does any bottle mean one bottle, or 50% off any chosen multiple bottles ?

I would like to select a bottle for each night of our cruise (9 nights) and draw off in the MDR, do you think this is possible, I may e-mail the Restaurant Manager for clarification unless anyone can advise ?

I am actually now wondering about the "OR" in that statement. We are going with another couple and they want the free bottle of wine, and we want to buy a bottle. I remember people saying that it was one free bottle per table, but now I am wondering if that means we cannot purchase wine now even though we are separate paying parties.

I am actually now wondering about the "OR" in that statement. We are going with another couple and they want the free bottle of wine, and we want to buy a bottle. I remember people saying that it was one free bottle per table, but now I am wondering if that means we cannot purchase wine now even though we are separate paying parties.

I would email and ask. The or in our email was bolded so it seems pretty clear. However, it doesn't make sense for them to refuse to sell you wine. Even at 50% off it is still a profit maker for them. I would hope they would still give you the discount. You can always talk to the person in charge at the Steakhouse ahead of time, explaining you are two separate couples who will be dining together and that you are staying in different rooms. That may allow them to give you both deals.

Received e Mail confirmation of booking Steakhouse in first night on The Vista, with this comment :

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse Embarkation and first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise!

"Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list! "

Does any bottle mean one bottle, or 50% off any chosen multiple bottles ?

I would like to select a bottle for each night of our cruise (9 nights) and draw off in the MDR, do you think this is possible, I may e-mail the Restaurant Manager for clarification unless anyone can advise ?

1. Look at the OP. This is pretty much the question this whole thread has been discussing.

2. Re-read the thread. You should note that there has been some success and some not so successful attempts at purchasing additional bottles. It seems hit and miss. The OP was quite successful, as evidenced by the receipt. About the only thing that is clear is that it is "possible" to do what you plan to do -- although no one has reported a 9 bottle run.

3. I tried to follow up the confirmation email on the Freedom. No word back. Other threads have indicated this may not be unusual for these type of requests as Carnival doesn't encourage back-and-forth such as this. In addition, they may not want to put this potential savings plan in writing anywhere. But, by all means, give it a shot. Maybe you will be more successful.

Hey, I will get the Dom if it's available for 50% off on the Vista TA just because it's something special. Everyone knows that wines are marked way up on cruise lines but it just depends on what is special to the individual. Back in 2004, we were on the Liberty in the Med and my DH had a bottle of Santa Margherita with dinner. The next day we found it in Venice for 4 euros a bottle at a little grocery. We lugged, rather I lugged 6 bottles around Venice and back on the boat. He said he wasn't paying 38.00 a bottle at dinner. So, I made him happy. He had never had that brand before and it's his favorite now. I, however am not a wino. Just stick to Patron.

1. Look at the OP. This is pretty much the question this whole thread has been discussing.

2. Re-read the thread. You should note that there has been some success and some not so successful attempts at purchasing additional bottles. It seems hit and miss. The OP was quite successful, as evidenced by the receipt. About the only thing that is clear is that it is "possible" to do what you plan to do -- although no one has reported a 9 bottle run.

3. I tried to follow up the confirmation email on the Freedom. No word back. Other threads have indicated this may not be unusual for these type of requests as Carnival doesn't encourage back-and-forth such as this. In addition, they may not want to put this potential savings plan in writing anywhere. But, by all means, give it a shot. Maybe you will be more successful.

Thanks for your comments, if I receive a response, I will post for other members info

failing that play dumb!:eek:

remember that when you ask a question, you may not like the answer, AND you give them a chance to say no!

so, just go on in and buy a couple bottles and take em with you, you can always say when you show up later in the cruise that you bought the bottles on board Which you did do....

on the valor last fall we ate with Bases5 and were looking forward to the two freebies, one for us and one for them, we were told if we ate together we could only get one freebie, so I bought a really good wine at half off too

later in the cruise we talked to other CC peeps and they said that each couple at their big table I think 8 or 10 got a freebie bottle in the steak house - go figure

four hands of black jack a few pulls on the slots, sometimes we nickel and dime ourselves more than the cruise lines!:confused:

Received response back from Restaurant Manager from Vista, he has confirmed one complimentary bottle of wine per reservation up to four persons, two bottles per reservation five persons or more.

This does not appear to be particularly fair that four persons share the same offer as two persons, however he has also confirmed that the 50% alternative offer is available on all bottles purchased and consumed within the restaurant on the night of the promotion, i.e embarkation day or first Elegant evening.

Received response back from Restaurant Manager from Vista, he has confirmed one complimentary bottle of wine per reservation up to four persons, two bottles per reservation five persons or more.

This does not appear to be particularly fair that four persons share the same offer as two persons, however he has also confirmed that the 50% alternative offer is available on all bottles purchased and consumed within the restaurant on the night of the promotion, i.e embarkation day or first Elegant evening.

Not an acceptable answer. We must therefore ignore it and continue to demand they do it our way! [emoji12]

Thanks for your comments, if I receive a response, I will post for other members info

How soon after you made your steakhouse reservation on the Vista did they respond? I have emailed twice recently for the TA in October and no responses yet.

Linda

I am wondering if we book one reservation and our friends make a second reservation for the same time if we could each get a free bottle? Two reservations, and just ask to sit together?

Also, I am in way a wine connoisseur, but is all the wine sold in the steakhouse really expensive? Can someone give me an idea of what some of the less expensive wines cost per bottle??

Lastly, while reading through this post, I am still unsure if the wine purchased at 50% off be taken back to our room to consume later? can it be left unopened?

Hey all, forgive me as we r new to enjoying wine.

We are doing the steakhouse the 1st nite. What wines are offered complimentery?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Santa Carolina red or white. I tried the red and it was a good wine that went just fine with the steakhouse meal. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd drop in with an update on my wine promo experience. On our recent Valor sailing(3/25 - 4/2), we went to the steakhouse on the first night. They offered us the choice between the free bottle and the discount bottle. I asked if I could order one bottle to enjoy with dinner, and more to enjoy in the MDR later in the week?

Our server checked with the manager, and they let us buy two at half off: one to enjoy that night, and they let us leave with another bottle in hand.

As a side note, our steakhouse experience was so good we made reservations for the last night as well. Unfortunately, we were moving at over 20 knots to make up time due to a delay, and I ended up feeling quite sea-sick during dinner. I had my appetizer and salad, but had to leave right after the main course was served. I left urgently, but my they packed up all my food and my partner's food, as well as desert, into smaller covered dishes and sent her back to the room with it. They were so kind about it, and took great care of us. We had an actual mini-fridge in the room that was quite cold, and I'm not going to lie: leftover filet mignon and cheesecake was a darn tasty lunch!

Thanks for the update! I am hoping we can talk our way into an extra bottle or two .... Or three....

There's always that one cheap guy that has to try to squeeze more out of the deals and promotions. This will be cancelled soon too, with people like you bugging the crap out of the restaurant workers.