Help!

cjmx

Two Major questions about Cabins?

!. i am booking on the Independence of the seas.

I would like to find two connecting cabins that also have a balcony cabin that i can open in the back so we can walk through. i saw this in a picture is this possible, and if so is this only with connecting cabins??? I am looking at cabin 6628 and 6626 or 9704 and 9706?

Second question, when you book a cabin for four or three and if the third or fourth person cancels- do they boot you off the cabin and switch you to a cabin for two??? Meaning can a two person book a cabin that is meant for four or three??

thanks

If you book a cabin or four and then cancel one or two, they will move you to a different cabin. Can't answer the other question.

Not exactly true...so best not to say "will" they can but actually rarely do.

Two Major questions about Cabins?

!. i am booking on the Independence of the seas.

I would like to find two connecting cabins that also have a balcony cabin that i can open in the back so we can walk through. i saw this in a picture is this possible, and if so is this only with connecting cabins??? I am looking at cabin 6628 and 6626 or 9704 and 9706?

Second question, when you book a cabin for four or three and if the third or fourth person cancels- do they boot you off the cabin and switch you to a cabin for two??? Meaning can a two person book a cabin that is meant for four or three??

thanks

Cabins #6628 & 6626 (have one pullmans each) are connecting cabins that more than likely you will be allowed to open the balcony partition.

While I am a fan of the true afts and deck #9... in this case you might be better off on deck #6 midship.

Also keep in mind that #9704 & #9706 (no pullmans will only accommodate two) don't connect as #9706 connects to the RFS #9708.

Have sailed on INDY/Liberty several times midship JS's and the RFS # 9708. Enjoy the INDY !!!

Once you're booked in a cabin, it's rare that they will move you. Especially, if it's near sail date. As far as the balcony dividers..they open, but it's up to the Captain if they will allow it. IF they open, it's just a walk-thru slot...the entire balcony is not opened, if you understand...it's a walk-thru only.

i think in understand. On the indy, the 6626 and 6628 connecting E1 cabin for only three each with a pullman ( and whoever designed a pullman over the king bed should be shot) . can have the balcony partiton opened if the captain stewart allows it, YES?

But they may kick us to a different cabin if my group because four instead of 6. My problem is that i am not sure if my college kids will have an internship over the summer and unfortunately the job market does not give me advance notice, many months in advance. I would like to have room for them, jut in case. I didn't want to take a room for four because i know how many families need these.

as for the aft cabins, if i can ensure the opening of the balcony, even if they don't connect or there is 6688 and 6686, they don't connect, but if the balcony can be opened i can use that.

I just don't feel comfortable having my daughters in another room without it being connecting, somehow. Royal said there is no age limit to have family members nearby under age. I always thought there had to be someone over 18, she said no. And all the other connecting balcony rooms are already taken? Thanks for all your info, everyone has been so helpful.

NorbertsIndy, that is good to hear. Since we haven't done Family cruises, except last March but the daughter and SIL were on a differant Deck and we were on the ROS, we had no reason to have the partions open. If we can get our Christmas family cruise going, we will look into it if on a Freedom Class.

we just finished a Christmas family cruise on the adventure. we had a great time. the prices went down considerable as we approached december. I booked early, so check weekly. When we left there were 12 balcony cabins empty , but there were only for two occupancy, for almost the same price of an ocean view room.

I noticed my cabin balcony partition could have opened to the other room, even though it was not a connecting room . But only to the room on my left, not on my right.

It would be nice to know which ones can give us this option, and if the steward would say yes, have they ever said no?? For families, connecting rooms are so hard to get- and i actually find JS not as convenient as having two bathrooms and two closets! If i don't change my booking again I will video tape the two rooms and the partition!