Ruby Princess E. Caribbean photo and video review

Bimmer09

Can't wait to read more. Sailing out on the Emerald in less than a month. Reviews like yours getting me in the cruising mood. ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy the Emerald, sister of Ruby. I will be sailing her in late September from Rome to Barcelona.

Stay tuned!

Norris

I loved reading your review so far. I am in for the duration of your review. 😊😊😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Michelle, nice to see you here.

I have some night photos/videos lined up for tomorrow which I am dying to share

as few people are up and awake (or stupid enough) to see the ships as they come home around 5 a.m.

Full story, plus Sports and Weather with our Storm Tracker team tomorrow....

Norris

Norris, loved reading you Mediterranean Odessy on the Ocean Princess and so glad I found your latest review of The Ruby, one of the Princess ships we have not sailed. Enjoying your pictures and commentary and looking forward to more.

Susan

I'm checking in and ready to go along with you on your journey. I think this will be the first time I have read one of your reviews where I have already sailed on the ship and itinerary you are sailing, so I am looking forward to reliving my own great memories as well as sharing some more of yours.

Did you see me waving at you through the webcam? I was watching your sailaway from home on my computer! Well, I really was watching your sailaway, only I didn't remember that was when you were sailing. I guess I need to do a better job of keeping up with your schedule so I will know when to watch for you. I will have to check the webcam archives to see if I can find you and Carol now that I know you were aboard and where you were standing.

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. It will certainly help the time until our next cruise go by faster. :D

Nancy

Norris, loved reading you Mediterranean Odessy on the Ocean Princess and so glad I found your latest review of The Ruby, one of the Princess ships we have not sailed. Enjoying your pictures and commentary and looking forward to more.

Susan

Susan-glad you could join me again!

The Ocean Princess Odyssey has inspired us to return to Rome this September on the Emerald.

Norris

Thank you for doing this it is awesome....:)

My pleasure! I just watched the 4hrs of HD video I shot and some of it is awesome so I can't wait to share-but I will as I follow a strict timeline.

I'm happy to see a new name following along. Welcome!

Norris

Did you see me waving at you through the webcam? I was watching your sailaway from home on my computer! Well, I really was watching your sailaway, only I didn't remember that was when you were sailing. I guess I need to do a better job of keeping up with your schedule so I will know when to watch for you. I will have to check the webcam archives to see if I can find you and Carol now that I know you were aboard and where you were standing.

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. It will certainly help the time until our next cruise go by faster. :D

Nancy

Nancy, nice to see you again!

I watched the sail away video from the archives (Ruby Jan 24) and we show up around the 2 min 20 sec mark. Dolphin deck above lifeboat 22. Carol waving white hand towel while I take photos and wave between shots.

Too late for Oscar consideration I am told...

Norris

Embarkation day (Jan 24) and I was up at 4 a.m.

No coffee to be had at that time unless I called room service but didn't want to wake she who sleeps

I walked along the dark deserted beach keeping close to the water's edge where the sand was firmer. I could see ships out at sea, lining up to enter the port.

My guess is that it is about 3/4 of a mile to the rocks at the harbor mouth.

I had my portable tripod along as there wasn't any light besides the ship lights.

The wind was strong when I reached the rocks and set up on the flattest rock I could find for the tripod. I waited.

I was facing into the wind as the ships approached and the tripod felt it. Results were better once the ships passed and I was able to turn my back to the wind and shield the camera. The video results will be better as you'll see. The camcorder was hand-held.

I was alone on the rocks. When the first pilot boat passed by, bobbing like a cork, I knew the first ship would be coming in soon. It would be the Carnival Conquest a ship I hadn't seen before. She's on the video only as the photos were rubbish.

Then came Oasis- a bit blurry until after she passes me and I shield the camera from the wind...

15801403034_d0dd228f1d_c.jpg[/url]

15803858303_2a98d8be9d_c.jpg

16237675389_8d4ec7d541_c.jpg

Ruby-coming home to pick us up. Hooray!

16236257018_6e7118d940_c.jpg

16238009277_21186956e3_c.jpg

16397929596_fbe2ce1a50_c.jpg

The pilot boat was kept busy shuttling back and forth between arrivals. There was maybe 30 minutes between each ship so after the Ruby at 6 a.m I decided to walk back to the hotel.

I'll upload the video to youtube.

Back soon,

Norris

Dear Norris

We were on the Ruby just before you. So looking forward to reliving our voyage through you and Carol. Love your style of writing and humour! Thanx for posting. Would love to cruise with you some day.

Cheers Louden

Dear Norris

We were on the Ruby just before you. So looking forward to reliving our voyage through you and Carol. Love your style of writing and humour! Thanx for posting. Would love to cruise with you some day.

Cheers Louden

Thanks Louden! I think there were 500 + Canadians on our sailing....the Captain gives the exact number during his Welcome Aboard speech coming in a video much later in the review.

As we are now into Embarkation day the pace should pick up and we'll see some pics from the Ruby for those not familiar.

Cheers,

Norris

Norris,

So glad to see another of your reviews. I've been in withdrawal since the fall.

Can't wait to read more.

Judy

Welcome back Judy- I remember you from my Ocean Princess review.

Not quite the exotic itinerary this time but fun nonetheless as you'll see if you read on...

Norris

Here's the ship video I shot from the rocks in the dark.

While I was videotaping the Ruby the wind blew the tripod over and the camera ended up on the rocks. Just suffered some scratches around the rim of the lens but otherwise perfect in every way. Phew! It was only a week old.

Norris

Welcome back Judy- I remember you from my Ocean Princess review.

Not quite the exotic itinerary this time but fun nonetheless as you'll see if you read on...

Norris

I loved your dinner photos. I'm salivating just thinking of the photos yet to come, just like Annie I'm sure.

Judy

I loved your dinner photos. I'm salivating just thinking of the photos yet to come, just like Annie I'm sure.

Judy

Thanks Judy. Photos in 3030 were taken in dim lighting. Better lighting on Ruby.

Haven't seen Annie here yet....her Spidey senses for good food may be failing...

Norris

Love your review so far Norris, and your pictures are excellent. Love the Ruby too! So happy to see someone else who must watch the ships come in, its so exciting!!!

Karen

Thanks Karen for the compliments!

It is exciting to watch the ships come in early in the morning and looking at you watch and thinking.."only 6 more hours..."

I have maybe 700 photos in the can...

Norris