Adventure of seas Pan Am San Juan ???

Suzyrn89

Would love to have some pics of the wine menus with prices if you could bring some back or email them to me as suzyrn89@yahoo.com, we are thinking of buying beverage packages which we have never done before but since they did away with wine packages and we have had problems with getting the wines on the packages before we are really unsure of what to do.

Really true? No more wine packages? I only drink wine. Would generally get the 5 bottle package for 7 nights. My husband sometimes has a glass; sometimes not. I know I would never drink enough to buy a beverage package. Suggestions anyone besides just buying a bottle of wine as needed which is more expensive for sure.

Really true? No more wine packages? I only drink wine. Would generally get the 5 bottle package for 7 nights. My husband sometimes has a glass; sometimes not. I know I would never drink enough to buy a beverage package. Suggestions anyone besides just buying a bottle of wine as needed which is more expensive for sure.

You can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom onboard at initial boarding. You can take them anywhere on the ship without corkage fees.

I'm wondering if you can bring two bottles of wine when you check in, then head back out to old San Juan, and bring back two more bottles with, or do they check that you've already brought some on?

Can't answer your question, but wanted to mention that you can also buy wine in the duty free shop in the cruise terminal.

You can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom onboard at initial boarding. You can take them anywhere on the ship without corkage fees.

I knew you can do this and I read about going in different scanning lines and having 2 bottles each.

If you are doing a B2B can you bring on 4 bottles of wine? (of course that makes me think of 4 bottles each in 2 different scanner lines, ha!) Will they take 2 of them and keep them for you until the following week? Or, I guess we can just pick up 2 more bottles when we dock in San Juan between the 2 cruises.

I knew you can do this and I read about going in different scanning lines and having 2 bottles each.

If you are doing a B2B can you bring on 4 bottles of wine? (of course that makes me think of 4 bottles each in 2 different scanner lines, ha!) Will they take 2 of them and keep them for you until the following week? Or, I guess we can just pick up 2 more bottles when we dock in San Juan between the 2 cruises.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5447&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

We were on AoS Feb 8. We arrived at the pier at 1:30PM, had no issues boarding at all. Everything was completed within 10 minutes and we were off. I had to finish off my Madalla beer before boarding. Upon boarding, we were able to get to your Prominade cabin right away. Luggage showed up about an hour later.

This is a process that RCCL (and other cruiselines) have down. Afterall, this is what they do.

There were plenty of restaurants in Old San Juan - Raices, Prillo Pizza Rustica were the top two.

I love PR..... 7 times there. And an 8th coming in November!

PR is a great port. We've gone out of there 3 times. Easy on, easy off. Taxi's are inexpensive and prices are fixed and published. Locals are friendly.

Wine: When we've gone on B2B's we've brought 4 bottles (2 for each week) and they hold the 2nd two bottles for the 2nd week.

PR is a great port. We've gone out of there 3 times. Easy on, easy off. Taxi's are inexpensive and prices are fixed and published. Locals are friendly.

Wine: When we've gone on B2B's we've brought 4 bottles (2 for each week) and they hold the 2nd two bottles for the 2nd week.

Thank you both for the info.

• 2 months later...

Do they pull the wine out to look at it? Was wondering if in carry on you brought 1 bottle of wine and 1 bottle of liquor or something like that if they catch it? Also do they care about bottle water and energy drinks? I am an energy drink addict and need my caffeine.

My wife and I will each attempt to carry on 2 bottles and just not go through together I think.

Do they pull the wine out to look at it? Was wondering if in carry on you brought 1 bottle of wine and 1 bottle of liquor or something like that if they catch it? Also do they care about bottle water and energy drinks? I am an energy drink addict and need my caffeine.

My wife and I will each attempt to carry on 2 bottles and just not go through together I think.

There were crewmembers stationed at a table near the escalator that examined our bags. They did not care about water.

• 2 months later...
If you want a better selection of wines, ask your cab driver to make a quick stop at a SuperMax (local grocery stores). Another option is another stop at Plaza las Americas, the biggest shopping mall in the island. A couple of months ago one of the best wine distributors opened a small store there (really close to JC Penny's). The store is "La Enoteca" from Ballester Hermanos. Excellent selection of wines. This is a link to their Facebook page....https://www.facebook.com/LaEnotecaPR

Thanks this tip helped a lot!!! esp since our wine options will be limited.

Yes, I know that.:D I guess I was just saying why pay for a taxi to the fort when you can get there for free.:D

Why take the trolley when you can walk through the streets of OSJ to the fort so that you'll see more. It's a very interesting town, but understand that you are either walking up a hill or down a hill.

Just sailed on the AOS July 11-18.

Surpringly, CVS had a decent selection of wines (California, Argentina, Chile, France etc.), although we eventually bought at SuperMax. I believe that wines have to be checked through, but I am not sure. We have no issues and luggage was there before we sailed.

Our group had several rooms, included a connecting room for kids and we had bottles for them too. There was an issue because all four bottles were in the "parents bag" (delivered to that room), but it was explained away easily. In the future, I would definitely put two bottles in bags marked for specific staterooms.

Following the cruise, we had to run back to the fort for a souvenir and the additional cost (from the prearranged airport run) was $18. You may find it cheaper in a taxi and cheaper to Old San Juan itself.

You definitely need to have transportation from Pan Am to the there, but the trolley was nice, but that part of the city is quite walkable. Our first day (pre-cruise) we went to look for the trolley, but realized the fort was really just a 4-5 blocks from central Old San Juan. We only trolleyed between the two forts and that was primarily to save time and with kids.

Just sailed on the AOS July 11-18.

Surpringly, CVS had a decent selection of wines (California, Argentina, Chile, France etc.), although we eventually bought at SuperMax. I believe that wines have to be checked through, but I am not sure. We have no issues and luggage was there before we sailed.

Our group had several rooms, included a connecting room for kids and we had bottles for them too. There was an issue because all four bottles were in the "parents bag" (delivered to that room), but it was explained away easily. In the future, I would definitely put two bottles in bags marked for specific staterooms.

Following the cruise, we had to run back to the fort for a souvenir and the additional cost (from the prearranged airport run) was $18. You may find it cheaper in a taxi and cheaper to Old San Juan itself.

You definitely need to have transportation from Pan Am to the there, but the trolley was nice, but that part of the city is quite walkable. Our first day (pre-cruise) we went to look for the trolley, but realized the fort was really just a 4-5 blocks from central Old San Juan. We only trolleyed between the two forts and that was primarily to save time and with kids.

We were on the same cruise and agree that the CVS down from the Sheraton Old San Juan had a decent selection for our "stateroom wine" (and Downy Wrinkle Release if anyone cares :) ) . We put our 2 bottles in carry on and through port security without any issue.

I'm in Central Fl, and it's too hot for me to even venture outside. Isn't the Southern Caribbean REALLY HOT this time of year? Just curious what you folks with experience have to say...

It's 86F in Barbados now. Probably with a breeze too.