Blue Lagoon

LuCruise

Just noticed some cool pictures of Blue Lagoon in Bahamas (Nassau I think). Is this near where the ship would stop? Anyone been there? Is it worthwhile for a few hours (ship leaves at 2pm)? It looks beautiful and fun for kids.

Edited by LuCruise

The blue lagoon was nice, but the only reason we went their was for an excursion to swim with dolphins...which was simply amazing. So much interaction with the dolphins!!

After we finished, we walked around. I would say its a great place for kids. The water was clean/clear and they thing set up in the water to play on. Not sure if there was a fee for that though. I do remember a sea lion (?) exhibit. It did not feel overcrowded, but many do this trip. The only reason my husband and I wouldn't go back is because we dont have children and would want to explore other areas of the port...if we had children, we would definitely be back. Its a relaxing day for adults and a fun play day for the kids. There is a fee to get there.

Edited by Jayla

We went there and loved it. We spent the entire day there and did it by cruise ship excursion (which we normally don't do). It was a very relaxing day and enjoyed by all.

I have a complete review of our day there listed in my signature line. It has TONS of pictures if you want to see around the place. :)

Thanks for the responses. I'll definitely take a look at the link in mitsugirly's signature (and others too).

Is this somewhere that is worthwhile for say 3 hrs?

Absolutely, as long as the weather is nice! If the weather is not cooperating, you really have nothing to do there.On the other hand, I have heard that there is not much to do in the port at Nassau...which was another reason we chose to do the Dolphin Excursion at Blue Lagoon.

Absolutely, as long as the weather is nice! If the weather is not cooperating, you really have nothing to do there.On the other hand, I have heard that there is not much to do in the port at Nassau...which was another reason we chose to do the Dolphin Excursion at Blue Lagoon.

Sorry, maybe I should qualify as I don't think we'd do the Dolphin Excursion (my little one barely swims). But the facility looks good and it looked like they ahve neat floats and rafts.

Sorry, maybe I should qualify as I don't think we'd do the Dolphin Excursion (my little one barely swims). But the facility looks good and it looked like they ahve neat floats and rafts.

Its really a glorified beach day in my opinion. I think it would be a great place to take your little one. I remember it being clean and the food being decent, although not many options. I remember maybe one drink "shack". I also remember the boat ride out there to be very nice and pretty; the water very clear and pulling into the lagoon was exciting. I think you would enjoy it!

Its really a glorified beach day in my opinion. I think it would be a great place to take your little one. I remember it being clean and the food being decent, although not many options. I remember maybe one drink "shack". I also remember the boat ride out there to be very nice and pretty; the water very clear and pulling into the lagoon was exciting. I think you would enjoy it!

Thank you. I'll put in as an option for our Nassau day if nice out...even if just for a few hours.

PS - I think my kids would have fun in the hammock alone...ha ha

Edited by LuCruise

We went there and loved it. We spent the entire day there and did it by cruise ship excursion (which we normally don't do). It was a very relaxing day and enjoyed by all.

I have a complete review of our day there listed in my signature line. It has TONS of pictures if you want to see around the place. :)

Wow....amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Do you remember how pricing works? I see the picture of the sign so I'm guessing if they want to go on the inflatable slides, etc...that is the $39 per person? Or is that included in the beach day pass?

Hmmm...only thing about Blue Lagoon...I'm looking at their site and the boat times are restricted. So coming back, we would have to catch the 1pm fairy or we would miss our cruise 2pm departure time. Sounds a bit tight. (And morning we would need to catch the 8:30am fairy as the 10:30am wouldn't give us any time at all)

Edited by LuCruise

On the cruise ship excursion, where do you get the ferry? Are there bathrooms on the ferry over to the island? Is it a long ride?

Blue Lagoon is wonderful but please be aware that it is a private island and you have to take a 30-minute ferry ride to get there and back. The ferries only return a few times a day so it's not something you can just do "for a few hours".

Since your ship is only in port until 2, this might not work for you unless you your ship offers their own excursion. I would not try to do this on my own with those port hours.

On the cruise ship excursion, where do you get the ferry? Are there bathrooms on the ferry over to the island? Is it a long ride?

If you're taking a cruise ship excursion, your tickets will tell you exactly where to meet. It's usually on the dock next to the ship and someone will be holding up a sign with the name of your excursion. If you're going on your own, you have to take a taxi to the Paradise Island ferry terminal.

I don't remember any bathrooms on the ferry. It's about a 30-minute ride.

If you're taking a cruise ship excursion, your tickets will tell you exactly where to meet. It's usually on the dock next to the ship and someone will be holding up a sign with the name of your excursion. If you're going on your own, you have to take a taxi to the Paradise Island ferry terminal.

I don't remember any bathrooms on the ferry. It's about a 30-minute ride.

We are sailing on the Enchantment OTS next month, and are considering the Blue Lagoon Beach Day excursion. My question is, it looks like we have to travel twice to get there, is that correct? Once to get to Paradise Island, and once to get to Blue Lagoon on their ferry boat.

What is the best way to get to Paradise Island? We will have our 13 month old son with us, and I was hoping to avoid taxis and buses if possible, but is that our only option?

We are sailing on the Enchantment OTS next month, and are considering the Blue Lagoon Beach Day excursion. My question is, it looks like we have to travel twice to get there, is that correct? Once to get to Paradise Island, and once to get to Blue Lagoon on their ferry boat.

What is the best way to get to Paradise Island? We will have our 13 month old son with us, and I was hoping to avoid taxis and buses if possible, but is that our only option?

Yes, that is true. The ferry to Blue Lagoon leaves from Paradise Island so first you have to get to Paradise Island. Are you doing this through the ship or on your own? If you're doing it on your own, you could take either a regular taxi or a water taxi. Personally, I think a regular taxi would be safer. Those water taxis are a bit sketchy. :) The water taxi would also take longer and require more walking. The buses don't go to Paradise Island.

Sometimes on the way back, the ferry will drop off cruise passengers at the port.

Edited by CruisinCrow