Mr. Sanchos or Nachi-Cocom for wedding

bridetobe15

Hello, I would like to take a cruise with close family/friends from Tampa to Cozumel and get married on the island. If anyone has been to or gotten married at either Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom, please share with me your thoughts; I can't decide which one would be best. I'm looking for something strss-free that is all included. Thanks for the advice!!

Edited by bridetobe15

Hello, I would like to take a cruise with close family/friends from Tampa to Cozumel and get married on the island. If anyone has been to or gotten married at either Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom, please share with me your thoughts; I can't decide which one would be best. I'm looking for something strss-free that is all included. Thanks for the advice!!

Never been to a wedding but have been to both and will have to say that Nachi Cocom is hands down a quieter and better environment for that type activity.

Nachi is more appropriate for a wedding party, as Mr Sanchez is more family oriented with kids floating toys in the water and an "Americanized" menu.

The two properties are adjacent to each other so they have basically the same shoreline and beach. I have walked from one to the other. Contact the owners via email and see what accomodations they can offer your party.

I have been to Nachi three times and not Sanchos but it definitely is a much more subdued beach. You can see Sanchos down the shoreline and it seems more crowded with lots of kids, there are not many kids at Nachi - not to much for them to do.

Do a quick search on Cozumel weddings...there are quite a few sites that do weddings. DD looked into getting married in Coz on our cruise, but there were too many variables with the getting the marriage license, etc and we just did not have enough time in port to do all that was required. So she opted to get married in Key West and it was beautiful.

I was on a cruise once where a gal had planned to be married in Cozumel and then we couldn't stop there because of weather. It was just awful! I'm sure you've considered that situation but just know that it could happen and be willing to be ok with it (this poor gal was not--the groom-to-be was wasted the last 3 days of the cruise because he couldn't be in the same room with her!). No matter what, congrats and hope it works out!!

Check out Shoretrips dot com. I know they plan weddings on a lot of islands for people who are cruising. I'm guessing because they have this as a pacakge, there would be some sort of "What if" type of clause as well, or at least a plan B.

We had the same issue in Ocho Rios. Our ship pulled almost all the way to the dock and then started backing out. Said the water was too rough to dock. I saw one bride standing on the promedade just hysterical as we sailed away from her wedding venue.

Check out Shoretrips dot com. I know they plan weddings on a lot of islands for people who are cruising. I'm guessing because they have this as a pacakge, there would be some sort of "What if" type of clause as well, or at least a plan B.

We had the same issue in Ocho Rios. Our ship pulled almost all the way to the dock and then started backing out. Said the water was too rough to dock. I saw one bride standing on the promedade just hysterical as we sailed away from her wedding venue.

This was another reason why DD opted to get married on our stop in Key West. Ship happens and if it did, she had a FL marriage license and had a plan B to get married on the the beach in FT. Lauderdale and just use the cruise as a pre-celebration :). Luckily it worked out and she had a gorgeous wedding on the beach in Key West.

We got married at Mr Sanchos last April. It was a great experience for us and our guests! We had a group of 60 sail with us on the Victory.

The planning was done through Cozumel Wedding Planners. They were extremely friendly, helpful and quick to respond to all of my emails during the process. They have an online system that you access to make your selections and see the corresponding cost. Everything is completely customizable. It was really helpful to see instant price changes when we selected other options or increased our guest count.

We chose to have our ceremony on the beach in front of their wedding garden. This is all off to the side of Mr Sanchos so we were not bothered by the activity going on there. We wanted a casual happy-hour reception so just did hors d'oeuvres and open bar in their open-air restaurant.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Thanks everyone for the input!

@Lil_One- was your wedding in the morning or evening? I'm pretty sure my cruise is only in port from 8am- 5pm so it will need to be a lunch ceremony/Reception which means it will need to be in the garden verse a private affair inside. I'm also looking for casual and fun so like the idea of hors d'oeuvre and drinks.

I have been to both places and agree with the majority that Nachi would be an awesome place for a wedding. It's beautiful there and I think I like the scenery there a lot better than the "cluttered" look at Mr Sanchos (don't get me wrong, I like Mr Sanchos better for a port day, but hands down Nachi is a lot prettier!!).

If you want, you can take a look at my pictures from both places, which might help you get a better feel for the places.

MR SANCHOS

NACHI COCOM