Wedding?!

MissSparky

Hi everyone! I have a question for anyone and everyone!! My fiancé and I have decided to get married on the Celebrity Silhouette, we are wondering if anyone has been married onboard a celebrity ship and if they'd mind sharing their experience with us. It's so unknown and our date is approaching rather quickly! I do believe our main concern is photos... Quality? Or lack of? Do they make them your own with personalized touches or are they like every other cruise photo you'll ever have? Any information you can share will definitely be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be sure to post your questions here in the Wedding and Honeymoon part of the Cruise Critic Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

As to the photography, they do different photos for weddings than the standard type photos - like photos of you out on deck and so forth. The quality is dependent on which photographer you get. So it's kind of luck of the draw. Some shipboard photographers are fantastic and enthusiastic about their work, others are just mediocre.

The X wedding photog did a very good job for DD. The problem was that the photos for the package had to be selected on the ship . . . It was much to time consuming.

Tip, unrelated to you question . . . if possible order multiple copies of the marriage certificate. Maltese documents are impressive, and large. It takes three sheets of paper to copy it.

I was married on RCI, so I can't really comment on Celebrity Silhouette, but I can tell you my experience with the photography and what I have learned before our wedding and since.

I had several people that were not sailing with us and a very short reception (primarily due to a late start with customs not clearing the previous cruise on time) So I had requested a 2nd sitting with the photographer. They said it would be an extra 75.00 but in the end they didnt charge me for it. The pros and cons or the 2nd sitting, I was able to wear my hair down VS quickly put up for the wedding due to rain, jewelry was different, my husbands watch was different and our "Trash The Dress" photos didnt happen:(

The photographer gave us the proof sheets and allowed me to take them to a internet cafe at one of the ports. The scans turned out with excellent clarity, so I was able to edit them myself. They did do editing on some of the ones we picked for our package and my parents ordered a 16x20 that needed to edit out people in the background. I was also able to get a release so I could print them myself.

There is a lot of good information on the Honeymoon and Wedding Board. The one thread I would definitely recommend is...

What I wish I had known before the big day - advice from past brides so much info available in that, some you may know some you never would've thought of!!

Best Wishes

My stepdaughter got married on a Carnival ship. On the last day of the cruise, my new son-in-law made a deal with the photo gallery manager to purchase all the photos that had been taken for one set price. He was able to convince them that since they would only be throwing the photos away anyway, that it was worth it to get some compensation for them.

Hi everyone! I have a question for anyone and everyone!! My fiancé and I have decided to get married on the Celebrity Silhouette, we are wondering if anyone has been married onboard a celebrity ship and if they'd mind sharing their experience with us. It's so unknown and our date is approaching rather quickly! I do believe our main concern is photos... Quality? Or lack of? Do they make them your own with personalized touches or are they like every other cruise photo you'll ever have? Any information you can share will definitely be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know anything about this. Does the States recognize the marriage? I have heard different answers. My sister is wanting to get married on a ship or on a port.

Miss Sparky ~ congratulations!!! Haven't been to an actual wedding on a Celebrity ship but have been to vow renewals and had friends use Celebrity photographers for their photos. They did a great job. I don't think you are going to have to worry about quality from the photos I've seen (I take a bunch of photos myself and did some weddings in a previous life :) )

Have you made arrangements already with Celebrity? When you board, ask to speak to the photographer assigned to your wedding and discuss what you would like for photographs. Are you getting married on the ship or in a port? There are lots of great places on Silhouette for photos including the Lawn Club, the alcove to the entrance to the Ensemble Lounge, Michael's Club, the open decks, the Atrium staircase to name some.

They have lots of permanent framed photos in the photo gallery to give you an idea of the quality. I know they are of real passengers because our friends who renewed their vows have a photo on the wall. They went ashore to take photos with them as well in one of the ports.

I don't have any idea how much they charge for wedding photography but it can't be any worse than the prices photographers on land are charging today (we're planning our daughter's wedding the photography prices are crazy).

Wishing you a lot of fun and wonderful photos!

Thank you very much Host Anne,

Yes, we are long booked for the wedding. Just counting down the days. I was really just wondering about the photos because it's not something you come across very easily!

I haven't been able to see the quality for myself. We were on the Silhouette last Feb so we know there's tons for photo opportunity's. We are getting married on the ship at sea. We are excited!

Thanks again for your help. You've put my mind at ease for the time being

I don't know anything about this. Does the States recognize the marriage? I have heard different answers. My sister is wanting to get married on a ship or on a port.

It does on Celebrity. The ship is registered under Malta so they are able to perform legal ceremonies. I can't tell you about any other line unfortunately.

There is no one answer for this question. Each cruise line would have the specifics for each port. Some ports require you be in international waters for x days or in their country for x days... If you are a US resident or not, there are variables to all the basic info.

She can look up the laws once she decides if she wants to get married in a port or before debarkment. I believe Princess and Celebrity are the only 2 options if she wants to get married at sea.

That was true in 2011.

Plus Cunard and P&O at least....Princess and these two lines are registered at Hamilton, Bermuda, and the wedding licence comes from there. Cunard changed its registry from Southampton UK partly so that weddings at sea could be performed.