Princess@Sea APP

MTNestr

This is Princess video. A little dated but will get the idea and how to work it.

They from what people saying on both Royal and Regal.

thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. fantastic what technology is providing for us. can"t wait until our next cruise.

That's the first step. Once the new cabling and WiFi is installed, they have a lot more work to do to upgrade/update the system. It doesn't need to be done in dry dock... They do it with passengers onboard. That's the way they did it on the Sapphire a year ago.

Hi Pam. thanks for info. do you think they will ever upgrade to a better internet connection. we have been on 3 world cruises and the internet was non existent in many locations. we have found internet to be pretty bad on all sailings. thanks

Hi Pam. thanks for info. do you think they will ever upgrade to a better internet connection. we have been on 3 world cruises and the internet was non existent in many locations. we have found internet to be pretty bad on all sailings. thanks

Per a Carnival Corp (which owns Princess) presentation last November:

By 2016, all Carnival ships will have expanded Wi-Fi capability. New service will be up to 10 times faster than the current standard—comparable to the Wi-Fi speed at your average coffee shop. The service will consist of a combination of land-based Wi-Fi in port and satellite-based at sea.

So far, Carnival has not announced how much it will charge for the expanded Wi-Fi service. Instead, said a spokesperson, each individual brand will set pricing policy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

There are some physical limitations that will be very hard to get around.

We just sailed around the West Indies, across the Atlantic, through the Med and then up the Dalmatian coast (with MSC).

Across the Atlantic, the net connection was worse than woeful. But that's probably because there's fairly poor satellite coverage there.

After all, there's not much point in having lots of satellites aiming to service three-men-and-a-brown-dog in boats.

Closer to land, the coverage was about as good as an old dialup connection: enough to handle emails, and upload the occasional (mid resolution) picture .

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what some have said on this thread, i have just completed downloading the Princess@Sea App onto my iPhone 5s. It is available in the App store. First release was March 7, 2015 with several updates since then."Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Requires IOS 7.0 or later"

"The Messenger works seamlessly with Princess@Sea..." on select ships.

"While the messenger service can be utilized without the App, downloading the App is recommended to take full advantage of the push notifications. The App can be downloaded free prior to boarding. The messenger service is currently available on the Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Enerald Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, and Dawn Princess."

Contrary to what some have said on this thread, i have just completed downloading the Princess@Sea App onto my iPhone 5s. It is available in the App store. First release was March 7, 2015 with several updates since then."Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Requires IOS 7.0 or later"

"The Messenger works seamlessly with Princess@Sea..." on select ships.

"While the messenger service can be utilized without the App, downloading the App is recommended to take full advantage of the push notifications. The App can be downloaded free prior to boarding. The messenger service is currently available on the Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Enerald Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, and Dawn Princess."

I just checked the Apple App Store & it's the "Princess Cruises Messenger" (updated 8/4/15) that is available but there is no Princess@Sea app because P@S does not require an app.

The Messenger app has been removed & returned several times since this thread started over 7 months ago.

I just checked the Apple App Store & it's the "Princess Cruises Messenger" (updated 8/4/15) that is available but there is no Princess@Sea app because P@S does not require an app.

The Messenger app has been removed & returned several times since this thread started over 7 months ago.

It is confusing because the app is named Princess@Sea Messenger. You do not need an app to utilize Princess@Sea functions such as checking activities or your stateroom balance, just Messenger.

This is all confusing, but as I understand it, the "princess@sea" app that we have on our iPhone 6's is useless. I guess we'll just wait and see what we need when get aboard. We have a group of 13, and would sure like to communicate.

We'll be on Ruby 2/29/16.

That is odd. Mine definitely says "Princess@Sea Messenger" on the App itself. I am looking directly st it as I type this post. Maybe yours is different.

It is confusing because the app is named Princess@Sea Messenger. You do not need an app to utilize Princess@Sea functions such as checking activities or your stateroom balance, just Messenger.

Thank you for verifying what the App is called. How can someone dispute what mine says when they haven't seen it? (lol):confused:

This is all confusing, but as I understand it, the "princess@sea" app that we have on our iPhone 6's is useless. I guess we'll just wait and see what we need when get aboard. We have a group of 13, and would sure like to communicate.

We'll be on Ruby 2/29/16.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess in about a month+. The App says " Princess@Sea Messenger can only be used onboard one of our ships with Princess@Sea Messenger enabled. When you get onboard, please connect....and click retry." I don't think it will be useless when we are onboard. Doesn't hurt to be prepared with the App already downloaded. We used the new system on the Royal. Loved it!

That is odd. Mine definitely says "Princess@Sea Messenger" on the App itself. I am looking directly st it as I type this post. Maybe yours is different.

My app is also called the Princess@Sea Messenger. :) :o

When searching the Apple App Store on my iPhone the app is called "Princess Cruise Messenger".

My apologies but Princess uses different names for the app download (Princess Cruises Messenger) which is different than what they call the actual app (Princess@Sea Messenger). :(

image.jpg.b5b48ad70b8d1d34bd4f67d738be86c8.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Princess@sea is what Princess calls all of their Internet and Intranet.

Below is a screen shot of what you see when requesting access to the network.

891229%20128%2012.29.14%20Internet%20signup%20-%20step%201%20DSC03923_zpsfzmac4tl.jpg

Only the link at the bottom that says "Internet Access" gets you to the Internet (actually to sign on to the Internet). The other links are the onboard Intranet and have no charge to use.

I do not know how the messenger app interacts with this.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess in about a month+. The App says " Princess@Sea Messenger can only be used onboard one of our ships with Princess@Sea Messenger enabled. When you get onboard, please connect....and click retry." I don't think it will be useless when we are onboard. Doesn't hurt to be prepared with the App already downloaded. We used the new system on the Royal. Loved it!

Thanks! I find that the confusion comes from the name the app store has it listed. when I downloaded it, it was called "princess@sea", now it is listed under "princess cruises". But it's the same as what I have. It even says princess@sea when you view the app. you just can't find it under that name.

• 1 month later...

Just of the Emerald. As someone noted app does not work on android. So select connect to wifi (no you are not purchasing wifi package or minutes at this point as long as you do not select any ) then in a browser open shipname.princess.com. i.e. for me emerald.princess.com

Loved being able to review my account almost real time. Caught some bar misposting quickly and

• 2 weeks later...
Just used it on Regal. The app does work on Android, but it only leads you back to the webpage. It might be more convenient for some to use the app instead of typing in the whole chain into the browser, but you do have that option.

Did you try messaging with other passengers?

Did you try messaging with other passengers?

:p I used it on Caribbean Princess with my android/iOS browsers to message other passengers as you have to add them in the messenger section using their 7 character ID that is assigned when they sign up on the intranet messenger portion. There is NO need to download any android/iOS app as just bookmark the intranet website in any browser.:rolleyes:

:p I used it on Caribbean Princess with my android/iOS browsers to message other passengers as you have to add them in the messenger section using their 7 character ID that is assigned when they sign up on the intranet messenger portion. There is NO need to download any android/iOS app as just bookmark the intranet website in any browser.:rolleyes:

Thank you for the reply.

I understood that the app has the added benefit of push/active notifications of messages. I.e. The browser is passive so the only way to know if you have a message is to look at it, whereas the app sends notifications. Is that not correct? Or maybe that's only true for iOS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understood that the app has the added benefit of push/active notifications of messages. I.e. The browser is passive so the only way to know if you have a message is to look at it, whereas the app sends notifications. Is that not correct? Or maybe that's only true for iOS?

:rolleyes: Both the iOS and Android apps only function is to open your browser! There is NO additional functionality!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a notification that you have a message; however, it is not "sent" to you. Just got off the Royal and used the messenger a lot with our friends. We all have Apple phones using IOS. The only notification you receive is a number within a red circle within the message area on the home screen of the Princess@Sea to indicate the number of messages that have been received. Unless you look at your Princess@Sea screen, you do not have any idea that you have a message waiting. This was the only downfall of the app...it really came in handy!

• 3 months later...

I've used the free messaging ship's server on the Emerald last March and on the Grand last December. I really like it and next month I'll try it with the actual Princess app. My question is about how to separate internet minutes and messaging minutes. After this next cruise will be platinum for our cruise next summer. If I just want to login to the ship messaging I don't want to waste any of my free internet minutes. Is there a way to keep your internet minutes separate so they aren't wasted by just checking for onboard messages?