UBP Gratuities question

Manbo

You pay an extra 15% to cover tips. (For the promotional UBP that NCL is currently giving away for free, NCL also pays 15% into the tip pool.) We don't know exactly how this is distributed to the bar staff, but I would imagine that all of their transactions, including UBP orders, are recorded, and their tips are based on those numbers.

The servers/bartenders are still ringing it through, and you are still signing a slip that has drink price and also the 15% gratuity. On their end, they are doing nothing different, so they are not getting "the short end of the stick." Your drink is zeroed out at the end of the day, not when you make the purchase.

Edited by LrgPizza

Note that in some states and coastal waters, there is tax added to the bill. This amount will be charged to you, but it's not a big amount. I think our cruise on the Dawn two weeks ago included a total of under $5 in Louisiana state taxes.

Note that in some states and coastal waters, there is tax added to the bill. This amount will be charged to you, but it's not a big amount. I think our cruise on the Dawn two weeks ago included a total of under $5 in Louisiana state taxes.

We purchased 3 identical drinks before sail away from Miami in November. Tax was added to one of the 3. We had UBP, and that tax was also zeroed out at the end of the day, just like all our other drink purchases.

Edited by LrgPizza

• 4 weeks later...

Please forgive my ignorance, this will be our first time using UBP. If your drink is under $10, but the 18% gratuity makes it over $10, is your drink included in UBP? Or does it just have to be a drink under $10? Some also have said that it doesn't cover promotional items like drink of the day. Can you get that drink of the day on another day and it fall under UBP? Thanks for your patience and help with this! We will be pros one day.:)

Please forgive my ignorance, this will be our first time using UBP. If your drink is under $10, but the 18% gratuity makes it over $10, is your drink included in UBP? Or does it just have to be a drink under $10? Some also have said that it doesn't cover promotional items like drink of the day. Can you get that drink of the day on another day and it fall under UBP? Thanks for your patience and help with this! We will be pros one day.:)

The $10 limit is before the gratuity is added, so if the base price is less than $10 you are fine.

The $10 limit is before the gratuity is added, so if the base price is less than $10 you are fine.

Thanks for the info! I made the mistake of reading the thread that may or may not have been full of bad information regarding UBP. :rolleyes: Wish I could un-read it. lol