Can I or can't I?

cruising sally

I am reading that some ships allow you to bring your own hair dryers and flat irons on board - and some do not. Can someone tell me if Celebrity Constellation is allowing it or not? I am having a small panic attack. Thank you.

Exactly WHERE are you reading this? I can't speak specifically to the Constellation but I took my hair dryer and flat iron on Celebrity as well as three other cruise lines. I think there would be a mass mutiny if ladies were not permitted to bring these things.:D

Edited by iheartbda

Bring your hairdryer - you will have to plug it in under the mirror in the cabin. As to the flat iron - you can bring it, but you may find that it is not very useful on a cruise due to the wind and humidity. You might style your hair only to have the style be destroyed within a few minutes of being on deck.

Here is the Celebrity Guest conduct policy in regards to prohibited items:

"Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed."

There will be a hair dryer in your cabin. The laundrette down the hall will have an iron...I don't think you are permitted to use this in your room.

If you are talking about a hair-straightening iron, that's okay

Edited by indigosails

There will be a hair dryer in your cabin. The laundrette down the hall will have an iron...I don't think you are permitted to use this in your room.

Thank you everyone, I feel better now. They have a laundrette on Celebrity ships? I didn't think they did.

Exactly WHERE are you reading this? I can't speak specifically to the Constellation but I took my hair dryer and flat iron on Celebrity as well as three other cruise lines. I think there would be a mass mutiny if ladies were not permitted to bring these things.:D

It was on Cruise Critic somewhere - when I put hair dryers into a search, it showed big red X's through hair dryers, coffee makers and clothes irons.

Happy to hear hair dryers are allowed.

It was on Cruise Critic somewhere - when I put hair dryers into a search, it showed big red X's through hair dryers, coffee makers and clothes irons.

Happy to hear hair dryers are allowed.

Every cruise line's website will have a FAQ section that should include items you won't be allowed to take. There's some items that will be allowed by some and not others and there's some items that aren't allowed to be brought on by passengers on any ship (this definitely includes irons and regular candles).

Thank you everyone, I feel better now. They have a laundrette on Celebrity ships? I didn't think they did.

Celebrity does not have self-service laundries on any of their ships. As to the hair dryers and flat-irons/curlers, we have been on more then 65 different ships of 14 cruise lines and they all allowed those items. DW likes to take her own travel dryer on any trip because she finds that some provided dryers truly suck :).

Hank

I am reading that some ships allow you to bring your own hair dryers and flat irons on board - and some do not. Can someone tell me if Celebrity Constellation is allowing it or not? I am having a small panic attack. Thank you.

CLOTHING irons and steamers are banned on all lines.

NOT Hair appliances.

celebrity DOES NOT have self service laundries on board.