HAL still rationing soap?

Vic The Parrot

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you see snark in my original post?

I was only kidding around.

For the record, I didn’t really see any snark, either with your initial post or with the responses. While I hope you realize that my post about nine soaps was intended to be funny, it's entirely possible that you thought it was sarcastic. It wasn't. It was supposed to be absurd. (Everyone knows that the correct answer for soapal generosity is 7, not 9.)

My answer 4 posts above, however, was deadly serious. The answer was no. And no means no.

Edited by POA1

Like most of these threads, folks seem to go off on tangents, including myself, when responding to a simple question.

I think the facts speak for themselves in this case. There was a time when your cabin was equipped with bar soap at the basin and another for the shower. Over the past couple of years, maybe you will find one bar soap at the basin or you may have to ask for it from your cabin attendant. You can attach whatever adjective you choose to describe this change in policy. As for me, I can't argue for the OP's choice of the word; "stingy".

For the record, I didn’t really see any snark, either with your initial post or with the responses. While I hope you realize that my post about nine soaps was intended to be funny, it's entirely possible that you thought it was sarcastic. It wasn't. It was supposed to be absurd. (Everyone knows that the correct answer for soapal generosity is 7, not 9.)

My answer 4 posts above, however, was deadly serious. The answer was no. And no means no.

I actually realised that. Your comments are usually funny, and I enjoy your humor.

So nothing was directed at you.

As for the 2 (now 3) who shall remain nameless, I'll just turn the other cheek, and hope they decipher my subtle message. ;)

We had no problem on Volendam in Nov/Dec. We did have excellent room stewards so perhaps that is why. DH does not like liquid soap so we need two bars from the start - one for bath one for washbasin.

Edited by mancunian

At least that horrid mushy mess of fig soap is gone. That was awful.

That would be the olive oil and fig bar, right? It's a kind of translucent yellow?

I really liked that and so did my sensitive skin. I thought it was from HAL but wasn't certain. If so, I guess it "different soaps for different folks".:D;)

That would be the olive oil and fig bar, right? It's a kind of translucent yellow?

I really liked that and so did my sensiti

ve skin. I thought it was from HAL but wasn't certain. If so, I guess it "different soaps for different folks".:D;)

By the way, thanks for the "welcome back". :)

Also a big thank you to KK, Father H, Ruth, and Peter.

It's been a few effedup months for me, but that can be discussed somewhere else.

Hope all is well.

Luv ya!

By the way, thanks for the "welcome back". :)

Also a big thank you to KK, Father H, Ruth, and Peter.

It's been a few effedup months for me, but that can be discussed somewhere else.

Hope all is well.

Luv ya!

Nice to see you back here, Vic.

You've been missed.